DDE Card

Disney Dining Experience Card.

Does anyone have this or used this before? And what are your thoughts about its value? Is it really worth the extra $$$ (Since we now are season passholders:biggrin:, it would cost us $60)

For our Summer trip I was thinking about purchasing the card because we would be getting the basic dining plan, but thought we might add a couple Character Breakfasts, maybe the Hoop-dee-doo, or some other additional dining things. We have 8 in our group for this trip, but we could also use it for our February trip if we needed it too.

I have had it for the past 2 years and I think it is worth every penny!! I have never used the Dining Plan so I cannot compare. You are charged 18% gratuity which is added to your bill, but receive a 20% discount. Plus if you drive to a resort for dining that has Valet parking, you get to valet for free. I figure it covers the tip for the meal and that will really add up- especially with your group of 8 people. They will not divide bills if you are using the DDE card. Mine pays for itself over and over again with each trip. Get it, it’s worth the money!

We have the card and love it. We have used the DDP a couple of trips and the DDE card a couple of trip. I like the idea of saving 20% on on what we want, including adult drinks. We are usually a group of 8 and it doesn’t take long to make up that $60 and start saving. Sure, an 18% tip is added in but we would tip that much anyway, DDE card or not.

Sold!:happy:

It doesn’t take much, does it?!:laugh::laugh:

Do you all think I should order it or just wait to get ot when I arrive?:huh:

The longer you wait the longer it’s good. That said, I ordered ours about 5 weeks before our trip and the card came maybe a week later. The CM told me I was right on the edge of not being about to get it in time but it wasn’t an issue.

Oh!:ohmy: So its not like the APs where its activated when you get there? Is it good for one year from date of purchase?:huh:

Right. If you were to order it 6 months before your trip you would only have 6 months left when you arrived. I’m guessing we lost a month by ordering it before we left. No biggie for us, we aren’t planning another trip before it expires.

I am so glad you told me that! When do you think I should order it for my Feb trip, right after New Years? …or is that cutting it too close? …maybe it could be one of Christmas presents to me!:laugh::santa::reindeer::sled::tinytree:

I think I called about 5 weeks before my trip and was told I was right on the edge. I got the impression that they would have let me order much closer to my trip. I think you would be fine 5 weeks before your trip.

We use the free valet parking ALL THE TIME! This is one of WDW’s little known secrets…

Thanks DT! I will put it on my schedule.

I plan on getting some use out of this perk! :happy: We are staying at AKL next summer, so some of our resort ADRs will be easier to get to by driving than by bus.

The first time we bought the DDE card we ordered it and had it mailed. However this past spring, we found out that we could purchase it on property! We bought ours at Guest Relations at DHS, but I think you can buy it at any park GR desk. If you wait until you’re there, you can use it for a full year! Glad we waited because we have an unexpected Spring Break '09 trip planned that we wouldn’t have been able to use the card had we ordered it by mail for our Spring Break '08 trip.
Now…if I could just figure out a plan for my AP’s that will expire on day 1 of our '09 trip. :crying:

[QUOTE=A Goofy Family;851143]The first time we bought the DDE card we ordered it and had it mailed. However this past spring, we found out that we could purchase it on property! We bought ours at Guest Relations at DHS, but I think you can buy it at any park GR desk. If you wait until you’re there, you can use it for a full year! Glad we waited because we have an unexpected Spring Break '09 trip planned that we wouldn’t have been able to use the card had we ordered it by mail for our Spring Break '08 trip.
Now…if I could just figure out a plan for my AP’s that will expire on day 1 of our '09 trip. :crying:[/QUOTE]

We went back and forth on waiting to get it when we arrived and ordering it before we left home. We finally decided to order it since our first use was going to be Chef Mickey’s before we hit any park. I could have gone to MK before breakfast but we had a late flight and knew we wanted to sleep in that day. After getting to our resort after 1 am I’m glad we had it before we left home. We were going to get the card in December but we were finishing up our first dinner before we remembered we had meant to stop and get the card on our way in the park.

Good point DT…we also forgot to get our DDE the 1st day and we were in the parks! :laugh: I remembered just as we were receiving the bill at Ohanas! That’s why we bought it that night at DHS, so we wouldn’t forget again!! It was just the 4 of us in March and it probably paid for itself, but between DSis’ DDE and mine we had our party of 15 covered for our summer trip and saved lots of $$…Christmas, we’ll use it again and Spring Break '09 we’ll get to use it for about 1/2 the trip (so we should eat the expensive meals early in the week, right!!!)
So I guess it just depends on flight schedules, park plans, ADR’s and your short term memory on when you want to purchase your DDE card!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=A Goofy Family;851159]
So I guess it just depends on flight schedules, park plans, ADR’s and your short term memory on when you want to purchase your DDE card!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh:It does. We were so excited to be at MK at Christmas that we didn’t even think about the card until the end of our dinner at LTT. My DH looked at me and said, “Guess what we forgot?” After forgetting it the second day we gave up and said we’d get it for our May trip. My DH strongly suggested I order it since we couldn’t seem to remember to get it in the parks.:laugh:

This spring, I got mine at guest services at DTD. Figured it would be quicker there as it was right at opening time. I then headed to the then D/MGM studios. I christened it by enjoying a nice meal on the patio at the Brown Derby. I was able to get a last minute ADR for lunch.

The DDE works better for us than the DDP. Keep in mine the discount includes alchohol drinks and are good for most of the lounges at the hotels

Yes - if you are doing the sit down dining you’ll save money pretty quickly.

You can now buy them at guest services windows.

I have had the card for several years and use it every time we are at WDW at a sit down restaurant and save 20% on the meal which basically covers the tip. So in my opinion, it’s worth every cent.

[QUOTE=gatour;851220]This spring, I got mine at guest services at DTD. Figured it would be quicker there as it was right at opening time. I then headed to the then D/MGM studios. I christened it by enjoying a nice meal on the patio at the Brown Derby. I was able to get a last minute ADR for lunch.

The DDE works better for us than the DDP. Keep in mine the discount includes alchohol drinks and are good for most of the lounges at the hotels[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about getting it at DTD too, since it is usually the first place we hit when we get into the World. Was it busy when you were there?