DDP choices for August

With my 180 day window closing in on me (2/21), I have started to consider dining choices. It’s been a collaborated effort with my DD and here is what we came up with. I don’t know if we are actually going to do all these or not, but this is what we came up with. I also can’t put them into a day-by-day plan until I see the Park hours some time during the first week of February.

Breakfasts:
Crystal Palace - must do
Kona - possible do

Lunches:
Yak and Yeti - must do
Via Napoli - possible do

Dinners:
Ohanna - must do and may do twice…lol
1900 Park Fare - must do for DD
Boma - must do
Momma’s - possible do

That’s actually almost 9 meals if we seriously do Ohanna twice. That is more of a defined schedule then I care to do, so we are going to book them and if the mood doesn’t strike us, pass on it. I have no intentions of being a slave to the ADR schedule, so if we miss any of the above excluding Ohanna and Crystal Palace, I could care less. I am only booking it to have possibilities. Thoughts?

[QUOTE=Dana;1063262]With my 180 day window closing in on me (2/21), I have started to consider dining choices. It’s been a collaborated effort with my DD and here is what we came up with. I don’t know if we are actually going to do all these or not, but this is what we came up with. I also can’t put them into a day-by-day plan until I see the Park hours some time during the first week of February.

Breakfasts:
Crystal Palace - must do Agreed
Kona - possible do Never tried
Lunches:
Yak and Yeti - must do Never tried

Via Napoli - possible do Never tried

Dinners:
Ohanna - must do and may do twice…lol Agreed
1900 Park Fare - must do for DD Never tried
Boma - must do Never tried
Momma’s - possible do

[/QUOTE]

You have more choices I have not tried than ones I have.

It looks good Dana.

Looks good! I agree with you on 'Ohana…my DH and I LOVE dinner there!!! After our last trip in November, my DH and I have both said we’re not liking having so many ADR’s either, it takes away a LOT of time at the parks. So, we’re thinking of booking dinners and most breakfast also, but just passing if we don’t want to go that day. I think it sounds like a great plan!

The only ones I would drop are Yak and Yeti (wasn’t that good last Dec) and Momma’s decent food but not grat place. Even though our waitress was from a town about 12 miles from where i grew up at.

Looks YUMMY! We didn’t do O’Hana Thanksgiving week thinking we needed a break and WE WERE WRONG! The entire family was craving it but I couldn’t get a ADR. So twice sounds good to me!

I agree with you that Crystal Palace, O’Hana, and Boma are must-do’s!

Great possible choices Dana, we love O’Hana, Boma and Crystal Palace.

The kids and I our sitting down this weekend to work our out. Might have to steal some of your choices Dana, looks like a pretty good list!!!

Here are a few we tried and liked that are different.

Turf Club Bar and Grill

Wolfgang Puck Cafe (Excellent and on the dinning plan)

Kona Cafe

Garden Grill

Your list looks great. I am one of the few thats not a fan of Boma. Tried it and didnt like.

We’ve never tried Yak and Yeti TS, but the CS is a must do for us. Our entire family loves the honey chicken. Yum!

We ate at Via Napoli in one of the first weeks it was open last August, and our entire family agreed that we could easily eat there every day on our next trip. Keep in mind that our 2 younger children are very picky eaters.

Good luck making your choices. I’m like you- I don’t want to be a slave to an ADR schedule! I can find plenty of yummy CS choices to keep my tummy full! :laugh:

Your choices are great! Our family loves Ohana and 1900 Park Fare for dinner. I booked them for our trip. We are trying Mama’s for the first time this trip and the Yak & Yeti for lunch.

Have fun working out your plans. I too waited until the park hours were posted before I finalized everything.

Good luck planning.

Really? Amazing how different people’s tastes can be. I stick to boring food as me and DD aren’t very exciting with our food choices. I like safe…lol

I liked it last August when we tried it by chance. Maybe you just had a random bad experience? Momma’s is my very favorite, but DD doesn’t really like it. She’s has the same opinion as you with that one. I hav been there enough and am ok if we skip it. Some of the ones on the list are going to be made, but I’m probally going to cancel half…lol

DD’s idea to do it twice…lol I didn’t argue!:laugh:

[QUOTE=Caseys Corner;1063560]Here are a few we tried and liked that are different.

Turf Club Bar and Grill

Wolfgang Puck Cafe (Excellent and on the dinning plan)

Kona Cafe

Garden Grill

Your list looks great. I am one of the few thats not a fan of Boma. Tried it and didnt like.[/QUOTE]

I’m not huge on Boma unless it’s rib night. My DD really likes it, so I make it a must do for her. I am not a buffet fan and have to b super careful about what I eat, but I can find enough there that doesn’t make me :blow:

[QUOTE=missymouse;1063562]We’ve never tried Yak and Yeti TS, but the CS is a must do for us. Our entire family loves the honey chicken. Yum!

We ate at Via Napoli in one of the first weeks it was open last August, and our entire family agreed that we could easily eat there every day on our next trip. Keep in mind that our 2 younger children are very picky eaters.

Good luck making your choices. I’m like you- I don’t want to be a slave to an ADR schedule! I can find plenty of yummy CS choices to keep my tummy full! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your feedback on Via Napoli. I am looking forward to that one…DD could care less, so the day will dictate what we end up doing. I think we could probally walk up for lunch with minimal wait, so I am not really concerned about an ADR dinner there.

Yak and Yeti table was good. We LOVED the lomein.

[QUOTE=hiner;1063600]Your choices are great! Our family loves Ohana and 1900 Park Fare for dinner. I booked them for our trip. We are trying Mama’s for the first time this trip and the Yak & Yeti for lunch.

Have fun working out your plans. I too waited until the park hours were posted before I finalized everything.

Good luck planning.[/QUOTE]

I do hope you like Momma’s. That place gets a bad rep. You just have to be patient…food is a little slow coming out, but so good. It’s actually kinda nice to have a slower meal after dining at high speed like at all the other restaurants. I LOVE the spicey sausage dish…YUM!

We did Yak and Yeti for lunch and will probally do that again this trip. I will never be in the AK at dinner time. I am rarely there after 2pm.