DDP - places I am considering..thoughts?

I am on the free DDP this August as a bounce back offer from my trip in August 2010. I haven’t done the “real” DDP in two years and to tell you the truth, I’m not really a fan of all these tables options. I have just changed the way I do WDW and the idea of being in certain places at certain times stresses me out. I have extended my trip an extra day and now have 9 tables, 9 counters and 9 snacks for me and DD. Because this is free DDP, I don’t feel the need to get my money’s worth, so I am probally going to only use maybe 5 tables and get counters with the other 4…lol

We are creatures of habit and like to stick with what we know and love, so there are three places we consider must do’s. They are Ohanna, Crystal Palace for Bfast and Boma.

The other places we are thinking about doing is:

Yak and Yeti for lunch. We did this last August and loved it. We didn’t have to make an ADR. We just walked up and were sat in about 15minutes or so. this appeals to me because I can go when and if I feel like it.

1900 park fare - I am doing this ONLY for my DD. I HATE buffets or they hate me - free DDP so I don’t care if I have to just pick at stuff and eat a snack later.

Momma’s - one I love, but DD doesn’t…

I really want to try the new Italian place in Epcot, but DD isn’t sold.

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions?

As it stands, I could just do 5 of the above and call it a trip. I really don’t want to schedule a bunch of meals. It’s so annoying to me now for some reason.

Go ahead and get ADRs for the ones that will fill up quickly like Ohana, CP, Boma, and 1900 PF. I think the others would be pretty easy to get later on if you decide to do them. And then like you said, you really don’t even need an ADR for Yak and Yeti.

How late in August are you going?

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1061935]Go ahead and get ADRs for the ones that will fill up quickly like Ohana, CP, Boma, and 1900 PF. I think the others would be pretty easy to get later on if you decide to do them. And then like you said, you really don’t even need an ADR for Yak and Yeti.

How late in August are you going?[/QUOTE]

We check in on 8/20 and are staying until 29th. Yes, I think I like how you think. I’ll get an ADR for the must dos and wing the rest of them. If we get in, cool. There’s plenty of places to pick from.

Have you thought about Tusker house for lunch? I haven’t tried it myself, but we are thinking about it. We were thinking about it along with the nemo show seating thing. My understanding if you book at ADR between 1 and 1:40, you get special seating for the 3:15 show.

I agree with you about making too many ADRs. We only did the dining plan once and felt like we were locked in. We tend to do a TS every other day. I don’t care if I eat at a CS, I’m just glad I don’t have to do the cooking or cleaning.

Agree with the must do bookings. After that just wing it. Call the evening before if you are positive you will absolutely be in a certain park.

If you do not decide which park until the next morning do what we do. That is to book that morning. We’ve been known to make the ressie on the bus or as we walk into the park. And even then we have decided to make a last minute hop to a different park mid day and changed that ressie to whatever is else is available for our location.

It has forced us to get out of the ‘same old food rut’ we were getting in. It forces you to try new things.

Via Napoli is very good. The only trouble we had was with the very heavy accent of our waiter. He really struggled to speak to us and we had to really pay attention to what he was saying. The food was very very good in our opinion.

We love Boma one of my favorites.
1900 is defiantly funny, and the food was good. As long as they have a salad bar at a buffet I’m down with it!
We’re trying the new Italian place in March, I’ll let you know what we think.

I didn’t make as many ressies for us this year as years past. Last June I felt like we were constantly leaving fun things to go eat. I love to eat (good food), but it’s not my main purpose for Disney.

I would make your ressies and if you’re feeling like it;s getting to be too much cancel them.

Some great DDP choices! Have you considered booking a table at The Plaza in MK? We tried it by accident on our last trip and it was absolutly amazing! I never thought a ‘sandwich’ place could be so mouth watering! It’s such a quaint little place, can’t have more than 15 - 20 tables if that and it books up FAST! I had a delicious steak sandwich, shredded steak, onion, mushrooms and red peppers, with thick cut fries! DESSERT however is out of this wordd! Ive never seen a brownies and ice cream so HUGE! So if your looking for a late lunch / early dinner place to try thats on the DDP, could be worth the ressie :slight_smile:

Shhhhh…Don’t tell everyone about our hidden little gem. We love the Plaza, it’s a nice break from fast food and big sit down meals.

So is the Plaza a Table Service or Counter Service?

He probably had the same problem.:laugh: But that type of interaction in WS is one of the things that makes it great.

I’m pretty sure your dd will love Via Napoli, if you can talk her into it. Another place that we tried was Paradiso in DTD. It has all sorts of foods from the Americas - really good. Also, we enjoyed Wolfgang Puck’s (downstairs) at DTD.

We’re trying to stay away from the more “popular” places these days. Not as crazy busy and rather good food.

I love how people have such different views on ADR’s!! I love to plan a sit down meal each day as if forces us to sit and relax for awhile each day…otherwise I would be in the parks from open to close and go all day.:laugh: As this will be the 4the time we’ve done the DDP I’ve learned that it is nice to have lunch ressies instead of all dinner. Actually I prefer lunch, but many of our “must do’s” are dinner only. (we don’t do breakfast). That way we cans stop for dinner whenever we’re hungry and do a counter service. I find that having dinner ADR’s forces us to eat lunch at a certain time so that we’ll be hungry for dinner!!! Crazy!:eek:

Have you thought about Tusker house for lunch? I haven’t tried it myself, but we are thinking about it. We were thinking about it along with the nemo show seating thing. My understanding if you book at ADR between 1 and 1:40, you get special seating for the 3:15 show.

My daughter and I did this for lunch last summer. We had done early extra magic hours that day and then went for lunch at the time allowed for the 3:15 show. (I think around 1pm) Since we did everything by lunch, we just relaxed after eating and then went for our seating at Finding Nemo without waiting in the heat.
We both loved eating at Tusker House. Since it is a buffet, you can get your food quickly. The food was very good with lots of options and great desserts. We were so full when we were done and that was our main meal of the day so it worked. Also, they did a great job to help her with celebrating her birthday…she got a special cupcake and extra attention from the waitress.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I will see what DD wants to do on our AK day. We don’t normally do that park twice, but you never know!

What about doubling up for some really nice place, like The brown Derby, etc? Just a thought…

Don’t forget all the beautiful places in the resorts! Or use a 2 credit meal to use some of them up! We love The Wave at the Contemporaryand we like their counter service place too, the cupcakes are amazing!!

I actually have considered that. I have been thinking about HDDR. It’s something to consider. I have been to BD…didn’t do anything for me.

Sounds like fun- no matter what you decide.

:laugh: Maybe it was “some” of the company.:cool: