Ddp q

I think I know the answer but wanted to confirm that you cannot purchase the DDP if you are not buying a complete vacation package. Is this true?

That really puts annual passholders in a bad spot! :confused:

When you logon to the passholder site, you can see all their specials. Usually there is one that includes dining. We’ve booked that way a few times.

we went through aaa last year as passholders and got the free dining.

I don’t know about passholders, but we had to buy a one-day ticket for everyone in our party to get the DDP for the length of our stay. (We already had tickets) So you get meal credits based on the number of nights you stay on-site, but have to have at least a 1 day ticket per person.

Here are the solid facts:

Most guests must book a vacation package that includes a resort room plus at least a minimal ticket purchase in order to be able to purchase the Disney Dining Plan.

I said MOST, because the two exceptions are Annual Passholders and DVC owners.

Annual Passholders don’t need to buy park tickets. However, if they buy the DDP it is still considered a package (rather than a room-only reservation) and thus it is subject to the deposit/payment due date/cancelation rules of packages and not of room-only reservation.

DVC members don’t need to buy park tickets to buy the DDP. They can pay for the DDP upon arrival,as long as it’s reserved at least 48 hours in advance.

It’s important to understand that the above rules DO NOT apply when we’re talking about a promotion where Disney gives away the DDP for free as part of a promotion. When there is a special promotion such as the so-called “free dining,” ALL guests must at least make the minimum ticket purchase in order qualify for the FREE DDP.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1053676]Here are the solid facts:

Most guests must book a vacation package that includes a resort room plus at least a minimal ticket purchase in order to be able to purchase the Disney Dining Plan.

Annual Passholders don’t need to buy park tickets. However, if they buy the DDP it is still considered a package (rather than a room-only reservation) and thus it is subject to the deposit/payment due date/cancelation rules of packages and not of room-only reservation.

DVC members don’t need to buy park tickets to buy the DDP. They can pay for the DDP upon arrival,as long as it’s reserved at least 48 hours in advance.

It’s important to understand that the above rules DO NOT apply when we’re talking about a promotion where Disney gives away the DDP for free as part of a promotion. When there is a special promotion such as the so-called “free dining,” ALL guests must at least make the minimum ticket purchase in order qualify for the FREE DDP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate the help!

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1053676]Here are the solid facts:

It’s important to understand that the above rules DO NOT apply when we’re talking about a promotion where Disney gives away the DDP for free as part of a promotion. When there is a special promotion such as the so-called “free dining,” ALL guests must at least make the minimum ticket purchase in order qualify for the FREE DDP.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the clarification!!

I just read that DVC reservations will now need to pay for the DDP when they add it to the reservation (in the past you would pay for it at check in as you stated). But now you have to pay for it when you add it to your reservation, and you must still add it atleast 48 hours in advance of check in.

As a passholder you can book the dining plan, just let them know you are a passholder. We just did that for our trip in November. If you want to book during the “free dining plan” then you need to purchase park tickets too, so annual passholders really aren’t eligible for “free dining”. We just went through all of the options when we were booking our november trip.