DDP Snack Options

The 30 day countdown begins today for our trip to WDW. “Yippee!!!”

Since we got in on the free DDP (a first for us) my wife made all of the reservations for meals in June. We know where we will be and when but…the snack options, we are at a loss on. We know a Fruit rollup -vs- a funnelcake is a no brainer, we just do not know what might be are best bet in the high end catagory.

We want to get the most for the buck since it is free. Any suggestions for good ideas in the parks? I like the feedback on this site and decided to pick your brains for good ideas.

Many thanks!

*** 127 days until Christmas ***

Really… the best option is what you feel like eating at the time. It’s free… why worry about it? Eat what you like; so what if you’re not squeezing every penny out of Disney?

And really, with full meals on the dining plan… sometimes the best snack is a bottle of water. We always end up with extra snack credits at the end anyway.

Icecream shakes are my favorite:heart:! DH got a small box of fudge last year with the DDP snack option. We bring home fudge every year, so it was extra nice to not have to pay for all of it:happy:. I’m with you, “splurge” on the things you wouldn’t usually get! The way I see it Disney is smart for offering the dining plan for free. Not only does it get people to the parks at an otherwise slow time, but it also allows people to try places they never would before. This increases the chances of them going back and actually paying for the meal if they enjoyed it the first time for free!

We always end up saving up our snacks and cashing them in for take home goodies. I hate to use the snack credit for something I would buy anyways, like an inexpensive water bottle. So I treat myself to a litte WDW magic to take home in my suitcase.

There is a fantastic list (9 printed pages) of snack options that was submitted by Kim (iluvwdw) it is a sticky thread in ‘WDW restaraunts’
It covers every park, and every resort, and it really is extensive, well worth printing off and taking on the trip (we have)

Opps! Don’t know how I did this???

We have two sitdown meals, breakfast and dinner, one day during our upcoming trip, so I’ve already decided what my lunch will be … a Dole Whip! :happy: This favourite “snack” will be more than enough for lunch that day.

Here’s the thread Dixie referred to:

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-restaurants/34624-dining-plan-confirmed-snack-options.html

Not all the snack options are here, but there are a lot. As Soundgod always says, a good rule of thumb is most items $4 or under. Don’t forget to ask the CM’s if you have your eye on something you are not sure about.

We had delicious sundaes at Mrs. Potts in fantasyland. I think we got strawberry shortcake and a brownie sundae and the kids got big cones.

We use our snack credits for breakfast at the resort. We get a danish, bagel or muffin, which counts as a snack, but we use it for a meal. This works well for us, and we don’t have to pay for breakfast out of pocket. Plus, there is so much food on the dining plan, it a smaller, high carb breakfast is ok- you don’t need the protein to keep you full, because you will be eating again very soon!!

One of my favorites, and also very rare in WDW is found at the Beach Marketplace, the lobby shop in the Beach Club Resort. Gelato. Much better than the ice cream they serve in the parks and also more variety of flavors.
I often use snack credits for a bottle of water, which I would never bother to buy most of the time. As for sodas or other soft drinks, forget it, with the exception of ice tea.

Thanks for showing me that someone is listening to the stuff I post.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;869937]One of my favorites, and also very rare in WDW is found at the Beach Marketplace, the lobby shop in the Beach Club Resort. Gelato. Much better than the ice cream they serve in the parks and also more variety of flavors.
I often use snack credits for a bottle of water, which I would never bother to buy most of the time. As for sodas or other soft drinks, forget it, with the exception of ice tea.

Thanks for showing me that someone is listening to the stuff I post.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Of course! I have received many a valuable tip from you!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;869937]One of my favorites, and also very rare in WDW is found at the Beach Marketplace, the lobby shop in the Beach Club Resort. Gelato. Much better than the ice cream they serve in the parks and also more variety of flavors.

Thanks for showing me that someone is listening to the stuff I post.[/QUOTE]

Me too!! I always listen! its always good stuff too!

My all time fave WDW snack…

Mickey Rice Krispie Treats…

I have been dying for one of these the past week!

Lisa

Oh love those!! can practically taste them yum!

[QUOTE=santa1961;869688]The 30 day countdown begins today for our trip to WDW. “Yippee!!!”

Since we got in on the free DDP (a first for us)
*** 127 days until Christmas ***[/QUOTE]

How’d you do that? I’m really new to the mousebuzz and have never planned a trip to WDW. Last time I went was as a teenager with my parents. I’m working on getting my wife and kids there now for the first time.

The Free DDP promotion was offered in April. Here is the link:

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/front-page-news/43338-disney-world-2008-free-dining-announced.html

It’s over now, but they have offered it in the spring (for fall travel) at least 3 years in a row. Check back next spring if you are interested in eating your way around the World. It is never guaranteed, but like I said, they usually offer it between March and June.

Our favorites this past trip were HUGE muffins at our resort for breakfast and Dole Whips!!! You will see a purple DDP square next to the items that you can use snack credits for.

Prezcatz Paul

never mind. made a mistake posting. sooooorrry

Some of our favorite “bang for your buck” (so to speak) for the snack credits are:

1. the Smart Waters (instead of Dasani waters)
  2. Dole Whip Floats!
  3. Make your own chocolate covered pretzels from Goofy’s Candy Co in DTD (We haven’t done this yet but I’ve heard from others that this is part of the snack credits and we are most definitely getting some on our next trip!—You get 3 pretzel sticks for 1 snack credit!!)