DDs Dream Job

I am hopping for any advice some of you past or present cast members may have. My DD15 has always dreamed of working at disney. She wants to do one of their programs and is in a hurry to get there. She is planning to apply straight out of high school. The biggest problem is we are Canadian and not sure other than the international program what she can do. She wants a Disney career not a temporary job. She is very determined but I am not sure where to guide her. I don’t want her putting all her eggs in one basket if it can,t become a reality. Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

My sister was accepted into the international program to work at the Canadian pavillion in EC when she was a University Student. I would start with that and get some experience with Disney to start. I’m not sure if Disney offers any help to obtain a green card or a visa, but she could inquire while there.

It may also help her to go to school here and obtain a specialty that Disney might need. That might provide an opportunity for her to get a working pass.

A friend of ours has been working and going to school for years in the US and the company he works for is working with him to obtain his visa. It is a long and costly process to obtain and difficult without the support of a company.

Can canadians be a part of the career start program?

A degree would be helpful for her Disney career, especially if she wants to move up the totem pole. I don’t know if Canadian schools participate, but if she attends a university in the US, then she could do the Disney College Program and actually live and work at Disney while in school. Lots of MBers have done or are in the college program and have lots of advice.

I am currently a CM, but I didn’t go through the College Program. While I was there training, I did speak to a bunch of people there. I DEFINITELY think the College Program is a GREAT start for her career. Disney believes in promoting within and with the College Program under her belt, there is more opportunity for her to get a job at Disney when she graduates, that can turn into a real CAREER.

Good luck! :happy:

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;1019779]I am currently a CM, but I didn’t go through the College Program. While I was there training, I did speak to a bunch of people there. I DEFINITELY think the College Program is a GREAT start for her career. Disney believes in promoting within and with the College Program under her belt, there is more opportunity for her to get a job at Disney when she graduates, that can turn into a real CAREER.

Good luck! :happy:[/QUOTE]

She isn’t eligible for the college program and I hear the international program is not as good.

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;1019779]I am currently a CM, but I didn’t go through the College Program. While I was there training, I did speak to a bunch of people there. I DEFINITELY think the College Program is a GREAT start for her career. Disney believes in promoting within and with the College Program under her belt, there is more opportunity for her to get a job at Disney when she graduates, that can turn into a real CAREER.

Good luck! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Sorry thread stealing a second. Sorry I never saw you at the mall. Are you a DVC seller?

Anyway, I wish your DD the best of luck and hopefully she will get to work for Disney! It’s a dream job for many.

[QUOTE=Justin;1019784]Sorry thread stealing a second. Sorry I never saw you at the mall. Are you a DVC seller?

Anyway, I wish your DD the best of luck and hopefully she will get to work for Disney! It’s a dream job for many.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am a DVC Guide at Disney Doorway to Dreams at Roosevelt Field. :happy:

She could maybe start with some sort of Canadian branch of the Disney company. I do believe there are animation affiliates in the Toronto area and of course Disney retail. Then she could maybe get a better look at climbing through the company from the inside. Her biggest obsticle to actually work in WDW, is that she is Canadian and w/o a working pass or visa or some sort of sponsorship through the Disney company, she will not be able to work in the US.