Deadliest Catch-Back at Epcot!

Link: The Art of Disney Parks

Helly Hansen and Northwestern Event
at the Puffin’s Roost in Epcot®

Special Event: Helly Hansen Promotion

Special Guest: Captain Sig Hansen, Edgar Hansen and Matt Bradley - the crew from The Northwestern, featured on The Discovery Channel’s hit show, Deadliest Catch

[B]Event Location: The Puffin’s Roost, Norway Pavilion, Epcot®

Event Dates: July 31 - August 02, 2009

Event Times: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.[/B]

Event Information:
The Norway pavilion in Epcot® is pleased to host Northwestern Captain Sig Hansen, Edgar Hansen, and Matt Bradley – three of the featured stars on the popular reality series on The Discovery Channel, Deadliest Catch - for an in-park appearance July 31 - August 02, 2009. The Sig, Edgar and Matt will appear inside The Puffin’s Roost, the Norway Pavilion’s merchandise location, each day.

Fourth generation fishermen, Sig Hansen is the Captain of the Northwest, Edgar Hansen is the Deck Boss and Matt Bradley is a Deck Hand for the crab-catching vessel. Captain Sig Hansen and Edgar Hansen and Norm own and operate the Seattle, WA based Northwestern.

In addition to signing autographs and posing for photos, the Hansen’s will have Northwestern merchandise created by Helly Hansen available for purchase during their Epcot® appearances.

Wow, that’s cool! I watch that show all the time.

Man I love that show!! Why oh why can’t it be in March/April next yr! WHAAA!!:crying:

OHHHH MAN… I wish they would be there in Sept :cry: My husband LOVES that show and would probally board a plan just to go check it out. Too bad

AW MAN I love that show. Too bad I can’t go now. That is so cool that they will be there.

Oh gosh, all the men in this house love that show!! Boy would that be neat to be there for the event.

Saw them another time. It was wild how many people were standing in line.

Crazy how they have become celebs…fishing crab.

What do Alaskan King Crab fishermen operating out of the US Pacific Northwest on American flagged vessels have to do with Norway?
All things being equal, shouldn’t they be appearing at The American Experience? Or perhaps Innoventions or The Living Seas? Perhaps The Land?

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;981396]Saw them another time. It was wild how many people were standing in line.

Crazy how they have become celebs…fishing crab.[/QUOTE]

I find it amazing too, but I do love that show. I get seasick when I crab in NJ, I cannot even imagine how I would feel in the Bering Sea.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;981415]What do Alaskan King Crab fishermen operating out of the US Pacific Northwest on American flagged vessels have to do with Norway?
All things being equal, shouldn’t they be appearing at The American Experience? Or perhaps Innoventions or The Living Seas? Perhaps The Land?[/QUOTE]

The Hanson brothers are from Norway. Maybe that’s why?

I went bluefishing off Belmar in '91 and got seasick as well. I felt lousy until we finally got back inside the breakwater. The smell of diesel and greasy burgers from the snack counter didn’t help. I horked my dinner in the head and despite taking careful aim, just as I released, the boat pitched the other way and I missed:blow: Not only that, but nobody on board really caught anything that evening. First and last time I ever went deep sea fishing. Or would you call that off shore fishing?

Which also reminds me of a bad joke: What do you call a guy you go fishing with with no arms and no legs? Chum:laugh:

They were born in the USA as was their boat.
(OK, I’ll give you that they’re first generation American natural borns but it’s pretty plain that their mom and dad had already emigrated here from Norway before they were born)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;981415]What do Alaskan King Crab fishermen operating out of the US Pacific Northwest on American flagged vessels have to do with Norway?
All things being equal, shouldn’t they be appearing at The American Experience? Or perhaps Innoventions or The Living Seas? Perhaps The Land?[/QUOTE]

Because they have a merchandising deal with Helly Hansen (a Norwegian Company) who sells stuff in the Norway pavilion in Epcot. I went and met them - they are fabulous in person!

I’m sure they’re really nice. Glad you enjoyed it.

That is so cool! DH loves that show! I even enjoy it sometimes…

Any way to find out if they will be there again soon …or other special appearances like that at any of the parks? I would hate to find out someone cool was at WDW during our stay & we missed it!