Deadly Disney Bus Crash- Port Orleans Resort

This happened about 6 p.m. Sunday night.
Disney bus involved in deadly accident

The parks are very busy right now! If you are here or heading to Walt Disney World, please be careful!

This is very sad.

How very sad! The poor man - and the poor bus driver - I’m sure it was just a tragic accident.

I’m surzprise that more are not hit by buses. So many times I have seen kids run out in front of buses and almost get hit and then the parents complains that the bus drivers are reckless. These parents are not watching what their kids are doing and are the ones who don’t discipline them for bad behavior.

I think it is important for everyone to recognize that crosswalks and other safety barriers are there for a reason. Everyone has to take extra precautions and especially when the parks are so crowded.

So sad- thoughts go out to the family- God bless.

Hope no little ones saw this accident.

How Awful!

So sad. I would have to agree with ladym and rlb. Pay attention not only to yourself but watch out for others as well. Especially the young and elderly.

What a dreadful accident. Horrible for all those involved. Deepest sympathy to the guest’s family, and thoughts are with the poor driver and the guests on board the bus.

Praying for all of the families involved. Especially the driver of the bus as I can not imagine what he is going through. I do hope that the media points out that the driver was not at fault. It seems in the recent accidents that the media shows Disney in a negative light when in fact, they were not at fault for the past couple of accidents.

Just terrible. It is a sad but important reminder that safety is everyone’s responsibility (Disney and guests).

very sad. good reminder to be careful.

“Troopers said Krueger, 69, was not walking in a crosswalk when he stepped in front of the bus, and the driver did not have time to stop.”

For crying out loud!
Pay attention to your surroundings!

Sad and a needless waste.

This is so sad for all involved. I think many of us let our guard down while on vacation and maybe don’t pay attention to our surroundings like we normally would.

How sad this is.Thoughts and prayers to all the families involved.

So very saddened by this tragic/senseless accident…

This is truly horrible, I can’t imagine this happening on vacation.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1060227]“Troopers said Krueger, 69, was not walking in a crosswalk when he stepped in front of the bus, and the driver did not have time to stop.”

For crying out loud!
Pay attention to your surroundings!

Sad and a needless waste.[/QUOTE]

69 years old?? Was anyone with him?? Makes you wonder how fast the bus was going. I am shocked they said the bus had the right-of-way. We just moved to NC and I had to take the written test, the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right-of-way even in the wrong because you want to avoid exactly this.

I feel for all involved. The family of the gentleman that died, and for the bus driver & his family. I couldn’t imagine ever getting behind the wheel of a car again.
Truly a needless death…

I am super vigilant when it comes to the kids and the bus area…Mainly because I know those things can not stop on a dime no matter how slow they are going!! My DH drives a transport truck and while it may not be exactly the same, the same principles are there. It takes longer for them to stop… I actually had someone say “well it has more wheels so why can’t they stop quicker?” Huh??

Things like this are such a tragic thing to see/hear about. My heart goes out to the family members and the driver (this is something she will never forget)…