Debating w/myself lol

Now DH just asked if we also got park hoppers, I told him no, I kinda thought it would be too much money wise and too much literally to try and do, we are only staying for 5 days, so i thought a water park for half the day and pick a park for the rest of the day?
So here is the question, do i really need to pay for 5 days for the water parks?
I was thinking of getting park hoppers instead and then when we get to Disney just pay OOP for a day at a water park.

but am i really saving anything?
Do I stick with the water park option or opt for the park hoppers?

sorry, I hope I am explaining myself right and its not confusing anyone?

Park hopping is a more valuable and useful option.
Especially if you are taking breaks in the middle of the day and especially if something comes up and you want or need to go to a second park any day.
Park hopping is a one time charge of $54 per ticket, so spread out over 5 days, that’s only $11 a day extra.
Are you really going to get to Disney Quest or the water parks twice in your 5 days?
If not, it isn’t worth it. Then again, a one day water park ticket is now $49 while the water park option is $54. So it looks like that would be a wash and if you are going to hit a water park one day and while at DTD another day, you drop in to Disney Quest, you’re ahead of yourself.

If I understand you correctly it doesn’t look like you are saving anything either way; it is just a question if you really want 5 days of water parks. After visiting each waterpark once your family may have had their fill verses the endless options of the parks. Keep in mind that it does come with admission to DisneyQuest so that is another option for your family.

Even two days of water parks would cost $96 out of pocket.
Versus $54 for the water parks and more option.
Go twice and you’ve saved.

Speaking for my family, if it comes to a choice we MUST park-hop over the water parks.

If you are going to the water parks more than once, then keep the water park option and skip parkhopping. If you are only going to the water park once, then pay for that out of pocket and get the parkhopper. You won’t save either way, it’s just a matter of how to best use your money.

right :wink:
this is where the debate comes in, lol do i think we will be going to the water parks more then 1 or 2 days and i am pretty sure we won’t be squeezing in DQ either:blush:

If you are staying on site I’d agree and just get both the hoppers and the waterparks. Offsite Id say just waterparks.

I would switch to the park hopper. You may just get to the resort and love the pool so much that you don’t get over to a water park. And, then if you do choose to go to one, then purchase the tickets.

We always go with the Park Hopper. DH tried for two years to talk me out of the expense, but since we used it both trips, he doesn’t argue anymore. We’ve found that it greatly reduces are stress when we have that option because it allows for unforeseeable things to pop up.

Either way, I’d wait until getting to disney before adding a water park. I’d be mad with my self if I paid 4 months in advance for waterparks, and then it rained all week. If my math is right, you are going during hurricane season. We’ve gone several times in Sept and was mostly ok, but once got a tropical storm which turned into a hurricane when it was time for us to fly home.

Also Mickey halloween party will be started, so you might want to be able to hop to another park that is open later.

I’m not much for pools, so park hopping sound good to me.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1074300]Either way, I’d wait until getting to disney before adding a water park. I’d be mad with my self if I paid 4 months in advance for waterparks, and then it rained all week. If my math is right, you are going during hurricane season. We’ve gone several times in Sept and was mostly ok, but once got a tropical storm which turned into a hurricane when it was time for us to fly home.

Also Mickey halloween party will be started, so you might want to be able to hop to another park that is open later.

I’m not much for pools, so park hopping sound good to me.[/QUOTE]

you know that is a good point!
we are actually going the very last week of august, unfort. we won’t be there for the halloween party
but the rain situation is a good point

That’s a really good point about the weather. All in all, I love the flexibility of parkhopping myself, but I’m not a water park person, so that’s always a no brainer for me.

We have always done park hoppers. We pay oop for the water parks.

Debating with myself, didn’t Billy Idol sing that?

i think i am going to mention to my husband about the rain situation maybe he will see that its a good point and that we might be better to pay OOP for the water park, thanks everyone!

Let me get this straight because I am out of it today: you are going to a water park every day for half the day and just one park for the rest of the day? If so, I don’t advise that. I would get a park hopper ticket to give you more options and buy a one day water park ticket and call it a day. With only five days and who knows what you weather will be, I wouldn’t go for every day at a water park.

I have to agree, park hopper is the way to go. Unless you are planning on using the water park option to each park more than once, I don’t think it is worth it.

yep Dana that’s what i was thinking i should be doing but after much debating I am pretty sure i will follow your opinion.
plus i never factored in the weather, thank you!!!

Thank you!!!
I am so glad I asked rather then just went ahead and did it.
Its always easy to just add the water parks while I am there, and like everyone is mentioning, the weather is a big factor to.:crying: