Debating w/myself lol

I guess i’ll be odd one out here. We’ve always gotten hoppers in the past and water was hit or miss depending on the weather the time of year we went. Last year we pd for hoppers($6 per day per person) and in 5 days didn’t hop once. Year before, again 5 days and only hopped once. Trip before that we hopped often, not because we wanted to but more because we could and even then noted how much time we’d lost in transit. Only 1 of 9 trips we’ve felt it valuable.
This summer we’re trying a 1st, no hoppers with water only UNLESS “storms” are forcasted daily. Then we’ll revert back to hoppers.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1074380]I guess i’ll be odd one out here. We’ve always gotten hoppers in the past and water was hit or miss depending on the weather the time of year we went. Last year we pd for hoppers($6 per day per person) and in 5 days didn’t hop once. Year before, again 5 days and only hopped once. Trip before that we hopped often, not because we wanted to but more because we could and even then noted how much time we’d lost in transit. Only 1 of 9 trips we’ve felt it valuable.
This summer we’re trying a 1st, no hoppers with water only UNLESS “storms” are forcasted daily. Then we’ll revert back to hoppers.[/QUOTE]

Will you be buying the water park passes when you get to Disney?

Yes, we always wait until we get there to buy any of our tics. We buy them at SoG. Since we don’t get the no expire tics I always fear of buying them in advance. You never know when something could happen last minute that could cancel the trip. In my husbands line of work he could deploy with 24hrs notice.

:wink: thanks
now sorry but whats SoG? its probably so simple but I am brain dead today from the beautiful weather we finally got lol

SoG Shades of Green It’s a resort for military. I don’t know details, but the military can get special rates and discounts.

Long long long time ago, it was known as the golf resort.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1074462]SoG Shades of Green It’s a resort for military. I don’t know details, but the military can get special rates and discounts.

Long long long time ago, it was known as the golf resort.[/QUOTE]

lol see i knew it was something that i would know, lol thanks

Thanks Jo-Jo. Sry Pixee, I forget that not all are familiar with it. Yes, it’s a DOD resort across the street from the Poly.

If you have to pay for your tics in advance and are used to hopping then i’d go with that and maybe add water when it gets closer to evaluate the weather. If you’re able to get your tics shortly before going i’d hold off on deciding which add-on to use. Unless you plan a lot of EMH visits both aren’t needed.
Here’s an example of our plans-
1st night- DQ
2nd day-AK. No break. If one is needed we’ll just leave early.
3rd day-EP. Break if needed between 1-4, but we never have at EP.
4th day-HS till lunch then BB till closing. Back to HS till closing.
5th day- MK. Break to resort between 3-6.
6th day- TL till we’re sunned out. Kids can go to DQ while I pack.
7th day-continue vacate at Myrtle Beach.
If storms, not rain, are forcasted we’ll scrap the water parks for hoppers but we HAVE to get 1 or the other since it’s incl in our price.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1074470]Thanks Jo-Jo. Sry Pixee, I forget that not all are familiar with it. Yes, it’s a DOD resort across the street from the Poly.

If you have to pay for your tics in advance and are used to hopping then i’d go with that and maybe add water when it gets closer to evaluate the weather. If you’re able to get your tics shortly before going i’d hold off on deciding which add-on to use. Unless you plan a lot of EMH visits both aren’t needed.
Here’s an example of our plans-
1st night- DQ
2nd day-AK. No break. If one is needed we’ll just leave early.
3rd day-EP. Break if needed between 1-4, but we never have at EP.
4th day-HS till lunch then BB till closing. Back to HS till closing.
5th day- MK. Break to resort between 3-6.
6th day- TL till we’re sunned out. Kids can go to DQ while I pack.
7th day-continue vacate at Myrtle Beach.
If storms, not rain, are forcasted we’ll scrap the water parks for hoppers but we HAVE to get 1 or the other since it’s incl in our price.[/QUOTE]

cool, thanks for giving me the tips to!
Enjoy your trip!!!

Personally, I can’t imagine going without park hoppers. We tend to go back and forth between the parks to eat, do different daytime/evening events, see a show, etc. I haven’t had to make the water park decision yet, but the park hoppers just make total sense for our touring style.

i was thinking the same thing, thats why when i booked it I told DH that I am worried about not having park hoppers…he told me to do anything I wanted, so after thinking about it for months i just had to post to see what others thought.
I am glad I did.

Long time posters will remember that many times I have raced between Epcot and MK in order to see both Wishes and Illuminations and you can’t do that without being able to hop.

:ohmy: lol

You can buy base tickets and then add park hopping and/or Water Park Fun & More after the fact. It costs exactly the same to upgrade a ticket as it does to buy it “upgraded” in the first place. In other words, if you buy a park hopper it will cost $54 more than a base ticket; and if you buy a base ticket and during your trip you decide to add the park hopper option it will cost the same $54.

The same goes for the WPF&M option. You can add it at any time. Even better, if you pay for a 1-day admission to a water park, and then later in the trip you want to go to a water park (or DisneyQuest), you can take that used 1-day water park ticket along with your regular theme park ticket and upgrade to the WPF&M option; the price of the upgrade would be only $9 … a 1-day water park admission is $45, and the WPF&M option costs $54, so the difference is nine bucks.

In other words, you don’t have to decide in advance which option you want, or if you want either of them … you can make up your mind at any time DURING your trip, if you want to.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1074670]You can buy base tickets and then add park hopping and/or Water Park Fun & More after the fact. It costs exactly the same to upgrade a ticket as it does to buy it “upgraded” in the first place. In other words, if you buy a park hopper it will cost $54 more than a base ticket; and if you buy a base ticket and during your trip you decide to add the park hopper option it will cost the same $54.

The same goes for the WPF&M option. You can add it at any time. Even better, if you pay for a 1-day admission to a water park, and then later in the trip you want to go to a water park (or DisneyQuest), you can take that used 1-day water park ticket along with your regular theme park ticket and upgrade to the WPF&M option; the price of the upgrade would be only $9 … a 1-day water park admission is $45, and the WPF&M option costs $54, so the difference is nine bucks.

In other words, you don’t have to decide in advance which option you want, or if you want either of them … you can make up your mind at any time DURING your trip, if you want to.[/QUOTE]

thank you, that’s also GTK, i did already change from the water park to the park hopper, but i will keep that in my mind in case i want to change again, thank you

SG, that is a good idea! We might have to try that this summer as a family challenge!! We always try to have one new thing to do each year, this is the best thing I have heard in a while.