Dec. at DVC sure is busy!

I just tried to add two nights for my DS (dec 6 and 7) in a studio and they had nothing for two night together. They had one night at SSR and one night at OKW, but that’s just too much moving. And since we already have two wait lists for us, we couldn’t wait list anything for him.

Anybody know if you have a different use yr, does that mean a different master contract number? And then you could have 2 wait lists for EACH master contract???

I don’t know the answer to your question, but I can echo your December is busy comment! We couldn’t get reservations anywhere except our home resort for the entire length of our stay, December 1-7.

The SECRET is out. :mad: Used to be a really slow time but somebody talked.

OK, now who squealed? Come on and admit it and take your punishment.

The floggings will continue until moral improves. :pirate:

I was very lucky for my last years Dec trip. I purchased my DVC on Sept10 and was able to get 1 week plus 2 days at SSR. However, i did tell her I wasnt buying UNLESS I was getting a reservation and i did have to have 3 seperate rooms ver the whole vacation period.
Good luck getting what you are looking for.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;967986]
The floggings will continue until moral improves. :pirate:[/QUOTE]

WHAT is that from? You see it all over shirts & stuff in the south??? :huh:

I don’t think it’s FROM anything, like a movie or famous quotation. I’m pretty sure it’s just a joke for selling tee shirts. Usually Pirate stuff.

It reminds me of seeing a parent say “Don’t hit!” to a child and them smacking them. :laugh:

I’m suing. It’s a quote by my great, great…greatgrandpa. :pirate: I figure at $1 per t shirt, I’ll have enough to buy more DVC points and be able to book the entire month of December. :laugh:

I notice that NOBODY has admitted to letting the secret out yet. (Lame attempt at keeping on topic. :biggrin:)

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;968139]

I notice that NOBODY has admitted to letting the secret out yet. (Lame attempt at keeping on topic. :biggrin:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the effort.

So I just tried to call again. Now they have ONE night at OKW for dec 6 and nothing at all for dec 7 for a studio. What happened to SSR being so huge, it’s never booked ???

I am trying to book a studio room for Dec. 5,6 and 7 and only 5 and 7 came up. Still waiting on 6 in a DVC resort. What is going on. That is supposed to be a sloe time? This is scary.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;968146]Thanks for the effort.

So I just tried to call again. Now they have ONE night at OKW for dec 6 and nothing at all for dec 7 for a studio. What happened to SSR being so huge, it’s never booked ???[/QUOTE]

Keep checking. People do cancel, I had to drop a reservation at BLT for the following weekned. MS told me it would make somebody else happy.

I’d book a room at Value then keep trying.

Good luck!

this is my first attempt to go in december (I’ve always been in retail, so Dec. is a vacation black-out period). I thought it would be so easy to book during the first 2 weeks in Dec., but I tried booking a studio for 4 nights the 2nd week of Dec. and I am on 2 wait lists.
So much for it being so slow. I’m a bit concerned about the wait list too, because if I can’t buy airfare until we know for sure! Yikes:crying:

Slower for Disney in general because children are in school BUT VERY busy for DVC 'cause it’s a lower points time & you still get to see all the holiday fanfare!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;968160]Keep checking. People do cancel, I had to drop a reservation at BLT for the following weekned. MS told me it would make somebody else happy.

I’d book a room at Value then keep trying.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

That’s what we plan to do. Right now we are at SSR 12/6-12/11 and are on 2 wait lists for BCV or BWV. I have called to see if the 10th was available at BCV to add to our BCV ressie of 12/11- 12/17. That never shows but last week they did have 2 days AKL. So yes, you never know.

And to go OT, only having two wait list stinks. Because we (DH and I) have 2 wait lists, we couldn’t put those two nights for DS on a waitlist.

December is always a busy time for DVC, maybe not the other resorts but it is for DVC. Lower points, great weather, and holiday decorations make it a hard time to book.

I remember a fellow DVC member telling me to make sure to book in advance for December because they book up fast. I hope you get the dates for your DS. We will be there Dec 5-12. Our first trip home and our first MVMCP