December 12 to December 17, 2010 - Universal Vacation With Jimmy

It’s going to be just the two of us… Jimmy and myself, (I know it sounds strange) our first offical vacation together (alone) - no kids, no parents. We might kill each other, so watch for the obituarties.

Anyway here are our plans…

December 12, 2010

Continental Airlines leaving Newark @ 8:00 am - arriving in MCO @ 10:43 am.

We will hit baggage claim (something I am not used to @ MCO) and find our driver. Then off to the Royal Pacific Hotel - Garden view - we have park to park (park hopper) tickets, added SeaWorld.

we haven’t figured out our itinerary yet, but as soon as I do, I’ll post it.

December 17, 2010

Continenal Airlines leaving MCO @ 6:43 pm.

It’s a short trip, but it is the two of us.

I am looking into two tapings 1) Family Feud and 2) WWE.

No meal plans to book so we will be on our own.

Do you want a trip report? You know I will be taking LOTS of pictures.

[QUOTE=dac921;1050115]

No meal plans to book so we will be on our own.[/QUOTE]

They do have meal plans though:

Meal Deal information at Universal Orlando

You will enjoy the time together. I still remember how amazed our first trip with NO KIDS was. Totally different. We actually relaxed. Enjoy.

[QUOTE=timkelmom;1050119]They do have meal plans though:

Meal Deal information at Universal Orlando[/QUOTE]

How did I miss this? :laugh: Thanks.

I am looking forward to it. Since it is starting to get chilly here in PA, I started packing, don’t laugh… I can’t see packing away my summer tops and then have to dig them out in 2 months, so I grabbed a small suitcase and placed them in there. :eek:

Sounds like a great trip, and YES - I want a full TR!! :slight_smile:

You are going to have a blast! We were bummed on our last trip because we couldn’t go the the Family Feud taping (we had DS6 with us, and you have to be 16).

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1050251]Sounds like a great trip, and YES - I want a full TR!! :slight_smile:

You are going to have a blast! We were bummed on our last trip because we couldn’t go the the Family Feud taping (we had DS6 with us, and you have to be 16).[/QUOTE]

Famly Feud just wrapped up filming so we won’t be doing that, but I am keeping on eye out on what will be happening and hopefully we will be able to catch a taping of something.

Good call. We have run into many 80+ degree days followed by a 45-50 degree day. Enjoy layering and lockers.

I am planning on packing for two season. Layers are the key here.

You will be at Universal during Grinchmas and the Macy’s Parade. We originally were going Dec 10th-12th but we ended up changing to Thanksgiving weekend. I think the Grinchmas starts the first weekend in December. I am bummed we wont get to be there for it.

You will have a great time! Make sure to try the butterbeer…it is yummy

[QUOTE=CaraMia;1050672]You will be at Universal during Grinchmas and the Macy’s Parade. We originally were going Dec 10th-12th but we ended up changing to Thanksgiving weekend. I think the Grinchmas starts the first weekend in December. I am bummed we wont get to be there for it.

You will have a great time! Make sure to try the butterbeer…it is yummy[/QUOTE]

Butterbeer???

Butterbeer is a drink that the people in Harry Potter drink I think. All I know is that there is always a line for in and it is very good. It tastes like a mix of cream soda, and ice cream (if you get the frosted version…there is a seltzer version that is more like cream soda). You get it the Harry Potter area at Islands of Adventure.

YUMMY Butterbeer!! I think it tastes like butterscotch too…get the frozen kind if you can!The Goode Life: Butterbeer & Pumpkin Juice

DD brought some Butterbeer back from a quick US trip for HP only. It tasted like a butterschoch drink. Not bad, but nothing to make a special trip to US, unlike a Dole Whip in MK.

Now add some rum to a whip and look out. :ohmy:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is amazing! And the butterbeer is very tasty! As is the pumpkin juice!

[quote=pam&rich;1051167]dd brought some butterbeer back from a quick us trip for hp only. It tasted like a butterschoch drink. Not bad, but nothing to make a special trip to us, unlike a dole whip in mk.

Now add some rum to a whip and look out. :ohmy:[/quote]

love dolewhip!!!