Delicious Disney Recipes

After reading about the Aloha Dinner that Stacey is making and reading the recipe for the Aloha bread that Southern Belle posted, my DW and I decided to have a Disney dinner. We will have our family and my brothers family. We have not decided what we will have yet but we are looking forward to it. We have two Disney cook books and thought it would be fun to share recipes. If anyone is looking for a recipe or has a favorite they want to share please do.

I love to make the honey lime dressing from 'Ohana. It’s very good and goes with everything.

I second the honey lime dressing. Its so good.

I am very interested in those Disney cook books you mentioned! Where’d you get em! I’m down for sharing recipes! ^.^

I love trying to recreate Disney dinners! haha.

HONEY AND LIME DRESSING

1/4 c. polyunsaturated salad oil (Canola oil! It’s pretty tasteless and holds up in a salad dressing really well! And it’s not bad for you!)
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/4 c. lime juice
1/4 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/4 tsp. dry mustard

Combine and chill oil, honey, lemon, and lime juice. Add lemon peel and dry mustard; shake well and serve.

^.^
Hope someone enjoys that! My brother had this dressing before, but actually not even from disney and we made it homemade one time, I hope its similar to the Dinsey verison.

If anyone tries it let me know how it compares!

brit – here is a link to a thread from awhile back by Val – give it a try, I think you will be extremely happy when you see what she found!

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/mouse-trap/47576-recipes-world.html

Enjoy giving them all a try!

This is the recipe from 'Ohana for honey lime dressing.

Ingredients

1/2 C honey
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 C cider vinegar
1/4 C lime juice
1/4 C diced onion
1 C canola oil

This salad recipe was in the current DVC Disney Files magazine. I made it for dinner last week. It was delicious.

Saratoga Springs House Salad

Salad ingredients:
4 cups salad mix (assorted lettuce, spinach, etc.)
4 T. dried cranberries
2T dried blueberries
1/2 unpeeled apple, diced
1 T chopped walnuts

Combine in a large bowl

Poppy Seed Dressing:
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teasoon diced onion
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp coarse salt
6 T canola oil
1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds.

Combine first five ingredients in blender or food processor and process 20 seconds. With blender on high, gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Once well-blended, pour over greens. Toss lightly.

I love the honey and lime dressing. I want to make some for my meals. It is so good at O’hana’s. Just got back from our spring break trip.

Dave and I made Tonga Toast once…it was delicious!!

MissDisney Thanks for the link we will be going through all the recipes. Were looking forward to our Wish We Were at Disney Dinner.

StaceyDarling my DW bought them when we were at Disney. I’m not sure exactly which store she got them at. She is great at buying stuff that I don’t know about LOL. The books have a variety of recipes from different resorts and resteraunts. Let me know if there is anything your interested in. I can look them up and see if it is in there

I have made the Hoop De Doo corn bread and it was sooooo good.