Delta: cheap flights to Orlando?!

Holy Hannah!! :eek: In a fit of “I must leave this house” emotions I checked flights from BWI to Orlando, among other locations, and it’s just 169 dollars to fly coach round trip?! Is that right, or do I need my contacts replaced?

Man, that is absolutely too good to be true…someone pinch me or tell me I can’t read itinerary correctly!

Wow, that is awesome. I have never been able to get good prices on Delta flights.

We got our flights on Delta really cheap a few months ago through hotwire. 266 rt from Sacramento. I’m not sure where you’re coming from. I’m not sure what airport that is.

Sorry, hehe. BWI is Baltimore/Washington International, in Maryland. 266 is miraculous from Sacramento… Maybe Delta is suffering the hardest and is taking the ‘Southwest’ route of offering cheaper airfare? My last few flights with Delta, though we had some snags, were still handled really well, better than the past. The crew seemed to be in better spirits and showing a higher morale. Trying to make flying a better experience during hard times?

I’m glad I’m not the only one that saw such deals from them. I must fly somewhere soon!:heart:

Ahhh… make sure it’s to Orlando International. It’s could be a flight to a smaller Orlando airport… which would get you to where you want to be, but you’ll have to rent a car, since Magical Express is only offered at Orlando International.

They’ve been offering a great deal from GSP to some Orlando airport.

That is great. I’ve been looking at fares in August just from MSY (New Orleans) to Orlando and the cheapest i’m seeing is $190! Southwest won’t show fares that far out yet so maybe they’ll come through.

[QUOTE=Screever;932569]Sorry, hehe. BWI is Baltimore/Washington International, in Maryland. 266 is miraculous from Sacramento… Maybe Delta is suffering the hardest and is taking the ‘Southwest’ route of offering cheaper airfare? My last few flights with Delta, though we had some snags, were still handled really well, better than the past. The crew seemed to be in better spirits and showing a higher morale. Trying to make flying a better experience during hard times?

I’m glad I’m not the only one that saw such deals from them. I must fly somewhere soon!:heart:[/QUOTE]

We seem to have plane trouble no matter what airline we fly…just have to go with the flow…we left Jamaica in Nov. We got on the plane, got out to the runway and the computer that weighs the baggage malfunctioned so we stay for about 25 minutes while they did it manually.

I had to leave my wife behind once we got through customs and literally had to sprint to stop the plane from taking off without us! Baggage didn’t know how to run so it got home the next day…lol

The code for Orlando International is MCO.

That sounds like a good deal, did you check the baggage policies?

They add up pretty quickly:sad: Baggage fees are charged I believe in both directions, not just one.

I was hoping they would do away with these fees, I think everyone is flying SWA.

Unique1

We are “potentially” doing a July WDW trip and I checked Delta and roundtrip is $159 from CT!!! And that’s direct. Southwest (the only other direct flight to MCO) is coming up $228. So for 3 of us that’s a $200 difference. Of course with Delta we’d have to pay to check-in bags and with SW we wouldn’t.

I was VERY surprised with Delta’s fare though!

I love Delta but don’t book through expedia or any cheap air sites. You get the best rates if you book directly through Delta’s site and you get to choose your seats that way.

I was able to flights to Orlando out of BWI in October on AIRTRAN for $129.00 roundtrip

[QUOTE=ssn;940495] Of course with Delta we’d have to pay to check-in bags and with SW we wouldn’t.QUOTE]

:confused::confused::confused:We are flying from LVIA (Allentown, PA) via Delta & our first bag is free:confused::confused::confused:
It is just if you have more than one bag per person that there is a charge.

[QUOTE=tinkfans;940542][QUOTE=ssn;940495] Of course with Delta we’d have to pay to check-in bags and with SW we wouldn’t.QUOTE]

:confused::confused::confused:We are flying from LVIA (Allentown, PA) via Delta & our first bag is free:confused::confused::confused:
It is just if you have more than one bag per person that there is a charge.[/QUOTE]

I read this off the Delta website - you probably purchased your tickets before Nov?

Delta and Northwest Baggage Alignment Policy

Customers who purchased Delta tickets previous to April 9, 2008, regardless of travel date, will be permitted to check two bags free of charge.

Customers who purchased Delta tickets on or after April 9, 2008 through July 30, 2008, regardless of travel date, and who are traveling within the United States will be charged $25 for a second bag, but will be permitted to check their first bag without charge in keeping with Delta’s previous policy.

Customers who purchased Delta tickets on or after July 31, 2008 through November 5, 2008, regardless of travel date and who are traveling within the United States will be charged $50 for a second bag, but will be permitted to check their first bag without charge in keeping with Delta’s previous policy.

Customers who purchased tickets on or after November 6, 2008, and flying within the United States will be charged $15 for the first check bag and $25 for the second checked bag, consistent with Northwest’s existing policies.

All customers flying in First or Business Class will receive up to three checked bags, up to 70 pounds each, for free. SkyMiles Medallion members and WorldPerks Elite members flying in Coach Class will receive up to two checked bags, up to 70 pounds each, for free.
All customers traveling on full fare (Y) Coach Class Tickets will receive up to two checked bags, up to 70 pounds each, for free. Customers traveling outside the U.S. will receive up to two checked bags, 50 pounds each, for free.

I just bought a ticket form Orlando (MCO) to Seatle for only $219!!! My two best friends live there and I haven’t seen them in over 2 years. When i saw tickets that cheap I had to go!!!

that’s a good price for that flight.