Deluxe Vs. Moderates

Okay,

Besides a one night stay at Pop Century, we have only stayed at Deluxes. In this economy, I am really starting to think about POFQ or POR. I am in LOVE with Poly, will I be really disappointed if I go with a moderate this year? We love being on the monorail and near the park. What do you guys think?

I would not be disappointed to stay at POFQ at all. I stayed there for 3 years in a row before staying at Poly for the past two. That being said- they are completely different, and you should think of it that way… Is the hotel as big? NO, but that is good at the end of a long day. Is it as quick to the parks? No, but it is not bad at all. I think that the bus to the MK is about 10 minutes… which it can take that long on a boat or the monorail depending on crowds. Are the rooms as large? NO, but they are still nicely themed, and fun.
I think that if you approach it as a different experience instead of a downgrade, you will be fine… it is still totally a Disney themed hotel-which cannot be beaten… Look at the pictures on allearsnet.com. I would change in a second, if it meant getting to go to Disney… Just my opinion :slight_smile:

We’ve never stayed at POFQ but we have stayed at POR 3 times, and we love it! I prefer Magnolia Bend over Alligator Bayou.
The feel of POR is very romantic, southern feeling and the grounds are beautiful.
The QS food court is my favorite of all the resorts, soooo much to choose from.
I would really research it as much as possible, look at all the pictures you can on-line.
The only real bummer may be the monorail system. You will have to take the buses to and from places. Not my most favorite thing–we rent a car.

Oh and don’t forget they are renovating the rooms at the FQ you may get lucky and get one:wink:!

Oh, and to really ride the monorail… on your EPCOT day-take the bus to MK, and walk to the monorail station and ride to EPCOT from there… still as fun…

My opinion too! If that even counts for anything since I typically stay value!

Thanks so much guys, and that is what I am thinking too. Just to go is worth it!

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1061330]Okay,

Besides a one night stay at Pop Century, we have only stayed at Deluxes. In this economy, I am really starting to think about POFQ or POR. I am in LOVE with Poly, will I be really disappointed if I go with a moderate this year? We love being on the monorail and near the park. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I was way into the deluxes for a few years and LOVE my stays at DVC places when I rent points, but I seriously don’t mind the moderates. By moderates, I mean POFQ only. It’s deluxe in my opinion and it’s getting a full make over right now. The point of my type is that I didn’t think I was going to like a mod after staying in the AKL, WL, Poly and really thought it was going to pale in comparrison after my stays at OKW and SSR, but it doesn’t. I acutally had the opportunity to do AKL for this August…put the offer out there for DD to pick and we both wanted to do POFQ again instead. That is home to us. I seriously even offered up the Contemporary too and she still wanted to do POFQ instead. We seriously love the resort.

It’s also fun staying at a new resort. I am up for that now instead of staying at CBR over and over again. Don’t get me wrong, we love CBR but I like to try new things. It is DH who is a creature of habit and drives me nuts!!!

I think POFQ is one of the most charming resorts at WDW - deluxes included. The monorail is, of course, very convenient, but I think the savings override the convenience of it. FQ is such a pretty resort - and I love that it’s so small. You might not have the monorail, but you have the ferryboat to the Marketplace.

Love the deluxe and DVC resorts. But we also find that Shades of Green is as relaxing as the upper end resorts. Now you do miss the theming, but it helps stretch the $$$$ for an extra trip. And that is more important.
I’m sure a stay at a moderate will be just as magical. After all, it’s what you make of your trip. We regularly stay at POP if we add a day or 2 onto the beginning or end of a trip at the last moment. It’s fun to see the energy of all the young kids. Glad our baby is 21.:laugh:

We love CSR! The rooms have been redone (Queen size pillow tops) and we don’t find the size overwhelming at all. We love the Peppermarket, lots of variety for all, and my DDs LOVE the pool. The place feels VERY deluxe to us!!

(although after staying at the Contemporary we are SPOILED!! I just checked rates for Spring Break - the PH rate is $650/night :ohmy: they are OUT of their minds!!) :laugh::laugh:

$650 a night is ridiculous, more than NYC… Crazy that people will pay that. I would not, even if I had won the lottery last night.

Yet many do.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1061514]We love CSR! The rooms have been redone (Queen size pillow tops) and we don’t find the size overwhelming at all. We love the Peppermarket, lots of variety for all, and my DDs LOVE the pool. The place feels VERY deluxe to us!!

(although after staying at the Contemporary we are SPOILED!! I just checked rates for Spring Break - the PH rate is $650/night :ohmy: they are OUT of their minds!!) :laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

I am all for luxury but WOHA $650.00 a night! That’s almost half of what I am going to pay for my March 3d-8th trip after free dinning and visa reward dollars :eek:

Sorry . . . it’s $625/night! :blush: Thurs & Sun night are only $345.10 and this is a PASSHOLDER RATE! Go to the Disney site, put in the dates March 17-21 1 adult 2 kids 7 & 11 see what you get? (just for laughs!)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If I won the lottery, I would…seriously would…lol that’s the only way I would EVER pay that much a night for a room. $650 a night to me should be in bed with mickey in cindy’ castle.:laugh:

It boggles my mind that people would pay $625.00 a night for a hotel!:eek: If I won the lottery I’d just stock up on DVC points and settle in for a month.

And that is why they are in trouble with their bills. I could not sleep at night knowing that the room costs that much.
Is that concierge level?
Us buzzers don’t even want that, even if we can afford it. We like doing things ourselves :closedeye

There is difference between deluxe and mods, but honestly, if it comes down to being able to enjoy your vacation stress free due to money or even having a disney vacation at all, I think mods are perfect.

In fact, in some aspects, the mods with the food courts, are much better.

I think the big difference is the monorail and if you visit MK as your primary park.

I have stayed at the old Dixie Landings quite a few times (riverside, now) and did enjoy it.

Good luck!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: