Describe a "Dole whip"

A co-worker is going to DW - been there before. He has never had a Dole Whip. Please describe it, and why he should make sure he tries it!

Yummy!!! :happy:

I suppose a really good soft serve ice cream…

A little slice of heaven :wub:.

Seriously though, it is soft serve, pineapple-flavored, ice cream. You can get it in a float too, the ice cream floats in pineapple juice.

So yummy!

[QUOTE=timkelmom;949085]A little slice of heaven :wub:.

Seriously though, it is soft serve, pineapple-flavored, ice cream. You can get it in a float too, the ice cream floats in pineapple juice.

So yummy![/QUOTE]

The Dole Whip float = Heaven in a cup.

That’s what I was going to say! I had my first dole whip in 2000. It would be three years till my next one and for those three years I craved and dreamed about them. Now I try to enjoy them as often as I can.
Did you know there are only three places in the world that serve Dole Whips?

Magic Kingdom in WDW Orlando, FL
Disneyland in Anaheim, CA
The Dole Plantation in Hawaii

pineapple…:blow: enough for me to never touch one…:laugh:

[QUOTE=vlogilvie;949099]Did you know there are only three places in the world that serve Dole Whips?

The Dole Plantation in Hawaii[/QUOTE]

No way! The world would be a better place if there was as many Dole Whip stores as there are Dairy Queens.

If you deeply enjoy the vague chemical taste of Cool Whip, then you need to try a Dole Whip.

Hey now… I met my husband at Dairy Queen. We use it as a fun vacation finder on every trip. We saw one in Hawaii and took a picture… His parents owned it, so it was a little bit more funny that we went all the way to Hawaii and saw a DQ. My mom marvels that I can make the swirl on top of the cone- still.

By the way- the dole whips are yummy, but I can’t eat one if I am on the dining plan… Too much food…

Like magic in your mouth:)

[QUOTE=vlogilvie;949099]Did you know there are only three places in the world that serve Dole Whips?

The Dole Plantation in Hawaii[/QUOTE]

It’s really weird… in the mid-1980’s when I was actually young, nearly every Saturday I used to get together with my friends. When we’d stop to get snacks, the grocery store (an IGA in Cincinnati) had a self-serve Dole Whip machine. :wacko: When we reminisce about the good old days, they always mention Dole Whips.

We stopped twice last week when we were in WDW; I’ll have to remember to let them know about it… :biggrin:

Bruce

I forgot to add that there is a second place at WDW that serves Dole Whips. It’s Captin Cooks over at the Poly. The great thing about this location is that you get to serve yourself so you can pile you Dole Whip as tall as the cup can handle.

For me its Yuck Yuck and more Yuck! I’m not an icecream person. I :heart: pineapple but not the soft serve.

I :heart: soft serve but not the pineapple! :laugh:

Ill take your pineapple and you can have the soft serve :laugh:

:heart:[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;949131] I’m not an icecream person. I :heart: pineapple but not the soft serve.[/QUOTE]

I’m not an ice cream person either, my DH and kids can’t believe I don’t like ice cream…I just don’t, never have. But when I had a Dole Whip float, it was delicious:heart:. I like to mix the juice and the soft serve together, when it combines, it’s like a pineapple shake. Yummy!:smile:

[QUOTE=timkelmom;949085]A little slice of heaven :wub:.

So yummy![/QUOTE]

couln’t have said it better myself - heaven in a cup…

The first time we had it, the park was so hot, unbearably hot and then we saw the Dole whip window, and oh my, salvation in a cup, cool, delicious, refreshing and above all more-ish!

I actually like the mixed Dole Whip. For me the straight up pineapple soft serve is too tart. I like to get the pineapple/vanilla swirl. To me that is MUCH better. It’s creamy and tart and taste much better.

And don’t get me started on the sprinkles.