Dessert Party?

What can you tell me about this in the MK? Is it worth it?

I have hear mixed reviews about this and have never got around to trying it myself. I talked someone into doing it that I was planning a trip for and they loved it. Another person I helped plan for hated it and said the desserts were gone before it even started and people made a mess of it. The reviews on here have even been hit or miss. I say try it. You can’t take anyone’s word for it. How bad can dessert and a great viewing spot for Wishes be?

It was fun to do, because you can sit there, very comfortably, and watch the parade as well as the fireworks.
The desserts are fantastic. Is it worth it? I would say ‘yes’. When you think how much you pay for one dessert and see how many different goodies you will be offered at the party, you are getting a good deal.
I would advise you not to eat dinner or a very light dinner, because the assortment on that table is huge.

Dana,
The fact that there was a mess was the fault of the CMs. someone didn’t do their job.
I can’t imagine that it’s true that the deserts were gone before it all started. they make sure that everyone is there and keep refilling time after time. there are no empty plates. You were told something that probably was not as dramatic as they made it out to be.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1103371]Dana,
The fact that there was a mess was the fault of the CMs. someone didn’t do their job.
I can’t imagine that it’s true that the deserts were gone before it all started. they make sure that everyone is there and keep refilling time after time. there are no empty plates. You were told something that probably was not as dramatic as they made it out to be.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading a TR from Disney Teacher stating they emptied and didn’t refill, but i’ve also read another where they were plentiful. It could be hit or miss, or it could be they had a bad night early on and have since worked the bugs out. I don’t know as i’ve never been. I want to but DH isn’t much of a dessert eater and can’t see springing that much for something he won’t eat.
If you do go report back how it was and I may make DD17 do it with me. She likes sweets.

We did this on our recent trip (Feb 8 to 11). We had looked at it, decided not to do it before our trip. However, on the day of we went to the concierge and we booked.

I am so glad we did. It was a great view, though you need to get up from your seats if you are seated in back (and they encourage people to go to the railings) and tinkerbell flies right over. It was the best view I have ever had.

Desserts were great. You can go in anytime an hour before the fireworks. For us it was 7pm. We ate before we went in and sat and had desserts for an hour.

However, we saw people bring in their dinner, meaning they went and got the typical hamburgers/chicken nuggets, etc. and sat in there and ate that and then had dessert. . what a great idea!

There is no soda. . only lemonade, raspberry lemonade, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, water.

Desserts were plentiful, more than enough, and many different types, from a sundae bar to brownies, to cheesecake. Yum!

We would do it again.

Just to add my 2 cents…

I LOVED this and fortunately had none of the problems reported by others. I can’t wait to do this again!

Have fun!

Lisa

Price? Can you please mention how much it was?

[QUOTE=Magic;1103387]We did this on our recent trip (Feb 8 to 11). We had looked at it, decided not to do it before our trip. However, on the day of we went to the concierge and we booked.

I am so glad we did. It was a great view, though you need to get up from your seats if you are seated in back (and they encourage people to go to the railings) and tinkerbell flies right over. It was the best view I have ever had.

Desserts were great. You can go in anytime an hour before the fireworks. For us it was 7pm. We ate before we went in and sat and had desserts for an hour.

However, we saw people bring in their dinner, meaning they went and got the typical hamburgers/chicken nuggets, etc. and sat in there and ate that and then had dessert. . what a great idea!

There is no soda. . only lemonade, raspberry lemonade, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, water.

Desserts were plentiful, more than enough, and many different types, from a sundae bar to brownies, to cheesecake. Yum!

We would do it again.[/QUOTE]

We will be doing this for the first time one month from today! Can you please tell me if everyone is encouraged to go to the railing is it an elbow match for a good spot…because one of the main reason I booked this is because I did not want to "fight: for a good spot. Also do you rember when during the firworks Tink flies…I forgot.

Thank you :happy:

When I booked for this April it was $27.99 for 10 years old and up.

I believe it is either 14.99 or 17.99 for under 10.

[QUOTE=Maria;1103456]Also do you rember when during the firworks Tink flies…I forgot.

Thank you :happy:[/QUOTE]

During Wishes, Tink flies at about the 2:00 minute mark.
There is a lull with Jiminy doing some narration. The cue is when he says “And it all starts with a wish” combined with a subtle swell of the music.

You can stand right under the wire so that Tink flies right overhead.

We did this last April and LOVED it!
Food was amazing, view of the castle and the memories show was incredible, not to mention it was a great view of Wishes!!!
We could sit through the whole show, and with 3 kids in tow, that was worth every penny!!
We were the last to leave the area as the CM’s started to clean up and they never rushed us.
It was fantastic!!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1103463]During Wishes, Tink flies at about the 2:00 minute mark.
There is a lull with Jiminy doing some narration. The cue is when he says “And it all starts with a wish” combined with a subtle swell of the music.

You can stand right under the wire so that Tink flies right overhead.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much Soundgod!

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;1103464]We did this last April and LOVED it!
Food was amazing, view of the castle and the memories show was incredible, not to mention it was a great view of Wishes!!!
We could sit through the whole show, and with 3 kids in tow, that was worth every penny!!
We were the last to leave the area as the CM’s started to clean up and they never rushed us.
It was fantastic!![/QUOTE]

Thank You!! I may really look into to doing this. Our kids would think it was pretty awesome and really where can you go wrong with dessert??:wub:

[QUOTE=Maria;1103456]We will be doing this for the first time one month from today! Can you please tell me if everyone is encouraged to go to the railing is it an elbow match for a good spot…because one of the main reason I booked this is because I did not want to "fight: for a good spot. Also do you rember when during the firworks Tink flies…I forgot.

Will you come back and give the good and bad with this? I would like to try it I think. Thanks

Yes I sure will :happy:

Maria, I can’t wait to see what you think of the dessert party. I looked into for our trip but decided against it. I’m still trying to figure a way to work Cirque De Soleil in, but I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Just curious, what resort are you staying at?

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;1103557]Maria, I can’t wait to see what you think of the dessert party. I looked into for our trip but decided against it. I’m still trying to figure a way to work Cirque De Soleil in, but I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Just curious, what resort are you staying at?[/QUOTE]

This is our first time staying off site:eek: My parents rented a condo and asked us to come, I am not going to lie I rather be staying on property but I guess I should not knock what I have not given a try, so we shall see.

I hope you can work in Cirque De Soleil in…but if you can’t there is always next time, right!?

[QUOTE=Maria;1103571]This is our first time staying off site:eek: My parents rented a condo and asked us to come, I am not going to lie I rather be staying on property but I guess I should not knock what I have not given a try, so we shall see.

I hope you can work in Cirque De Soleil in…but if you can’t there is always next time, right!?[/QUOTE]

Yep, there’s always next time. This is actually going to be our last trip to WDW for a while. We won’t be back until the new area in MK is complete. The kids are at an age to start venturing to other places, so I’m already looking into vacations for next year.

I’m sure you’ll have a great time no matter where it is you’re staying.

[QUOTE=Maria;1103456]We will be doing this for the first time one month from today! Can you please tell me if everyone is encouraged to go to the railing is it an elbow match for a good spot…because one of the main reason I booked this is because I did not want to "fight: for a good spot. Also do you rember when during the firworks Tink flies…I forgot.

If you are lucky enough to sit near the edge then there is no reason to stand, but if you are in the back under the overhang (which we were) you are encouraged to go up to the railing. There was no fighting for elbow space when we were there.

Tink comes out a few minutes from the start, from a window in the castle and right over where you are sitting. You can see the wire so you will know where to look. And its almost like she is going to crash into the overhang, she is that close. And, she waved to everyone, it was great.

Have fun!