DHS and EPCOT- One Day?

I think it’s possible what about you guys? For our next trip we might want to do DHS in the morning and then hop on the boat to do EPCOT we aren’t huge fans of DHS anyway. We would probably do ToT, TSM (If it’s not nuts), GMR, Back Lot, and Muppet’s. We would then shop, hit the boat to a resort or direct to EPCOT and hit EPCOT since it has EMH.

I think it is very doable. Have fun!!

It is very doable… MissSMIG and I did MK and then DHS in one day… 4 parks in 2.5 days… it was hard on the feet.

I think that’s very possible. We often hit two parks in one day, especially if there are only certain attractions we really want to do.

I think it’s doable at certain times of the year and depending on what attactions you are planning to do at Epcot.

I think it is def do-able yes as long as you don’t want to do ‘everything’ and are prepared for a long, long day. People park hop all the time and as long as you mentally prepare yourself you can acheive what you want to. Have fun and remember to keep smiling! :laugh:

It would be tiring ,but a do-able plan. I would personally be at HS at the rope drop (bonus if it’s an EMH morning). Do the attraction in this order and have them done twice by 1pm. You go directly to TSM grab a FP and then ride. Head over to RnR, wait it out and then go directly to TOT and wait. After TOT, you FP time for TSM will have opened. At this time, grab a FP for RnR. Go ride TSM. Once your FP time open for RnR, grab one for TOT. you can wait out TOT at least one more time and possible two rides on RnR assuming you get there right when the park opens. I use this tour plan and am able to ride these three attraction back and forth until lunch time with little or no wait depending on the day of the week you go there. I suggest grabbing a FP for any other attraction you want to ride and have lunch while you wait for the window to open. Afterward, take the boat to Epcot. Grab a FP for Soarin as soon as you walk in. Do whatever you want until the window opens. Very, do-able…been there, done that and was TIRED when done! lol

Don’t forget the single rider line at RnRC. It’s a great way to sneak in an extra ride!

We do it all the time, it’s definitely doable. You will be glad you did that when meal time hits. There are much better food choices at Epcot.

What she said. :laugh:

Seriously, since it opened, we have never once spent an entire day at MGM/DHS. Dana’s plan has a commando-ish feel to it, but she’s absolutely right… very do-able. The key to Dana’s plan is the FP for TSM. An associate of mine just got back and TSM was the highlight of the trip (I still haven’t done it… :frown:)

The other key to Dana’s plan is sending someone in your party to get Soarin’s FPs (we actually did this on our last trip). Soarin’ stays open, so even if you’re not there until after lunch, you should still be able to get tickets.

My favorite part of the boat ride from DHS to Epcot is the nap. :laugh:

:mickey:

Definitely doable. We only do DHS for a couple hours ourselves and then do another park.

One thing to consider, it might actually be faster to walk to Epcot than to wait on the boat. We’ve actually taken the walk and gotten their faster than the boat. There is a walkway that runs between DHS, Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club and Epcot. It follows the waterway that the boat takes.

[QUOTE=Mystic;1003931]Definitely doable. We only do DHS for a couple hours ourselves and then do another park.

One thing to consider, it might actually be faster to walk to Epcot than to wait on the boat. We’ve actually taken the walk and gotten their faster than the boat. There is a walkway that runs between DHS, Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club and Epcot. It follows the waterway that the boat takes.[/QUOTE]

We are lazy… we will probably wait for the boat. :blush:

They sell BEER in both … Why not!!!:laugh:

Off the Boat and straight to Rose and Crown !!! :pirate:

We’ve timed it. It’s about 10 minutes faster to walk at an average pace, unless you time the boat perfectly… but like I said, you can’t nap when you walk. :laugh:

It can also be brutal to walk if it’s hot… there really isn’t any shade to speak of, especially late morning into early afternoon.

WALL’s idea also has merit. :wink:

This is a combo I have often done. It’s totally doable especially if you are not big fans of DHS anyway as you said.

This is what we plan on in March. Not sure what 1 we’re hitting 1st, but we have only certain things we like in each and if need be, we’ll head back through later on.

We always take one whole day to do each park and then one day to “hop” all the parks to catch up on what we missed the first time. I noticed as we get older, the longer it takes.:pinch::laugh:

[QUOTE=Mystic;1003931]Definitely doable. We only do DHS for a couple hours ourselves and then do another park.

One thing to consider, it might actually be faster to walk to Epcot than to wait on the boat. We’ve actually taken the walk and gotten their faster than the boat. There is a walkway that runs between DHS, Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club and Epcot. It follows the waterway that the boat takes.[/QUOTE]

This is true only if you’re not walking with someone whos eldery w/energy problems or walking problems period. I made my MOM walk from ~only~ the Yacht Club dock to the international gateway & even though we beat the boat by 4 min (she doesnt walk fast), she wanted to beat me over the head with her purse (lovingly of course :slight_smile: )!

I do HS and Epcot every day of my stay at WDW?
What’s so hard about it?

I’ve actually been in all 4 parts in one day. Slept REALLY good THAT night.

Be at the rope drop at HS then head over the EPCOT for end of day. Remember that some of the things in future world close at 7PM though.