DHS Dining Dilemma

[B]di-lem-ma [/B]/dɪˈlɛmə/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-[B]lem[/B]-uh] –noun

1. a situation requiring a choice between equally undesirable alternatives.
  2. any difficult or perplexing situation or problem.

Okay, just so we all understand my delimma :laugh:

We are not big fans of any dining establishment in DHS, although we are going to 50’s PT later in our trip, I need to find a place to grab a quick lunch one afternoon while we will be in DHS. We will be having dinner at Jiko that evening so I didn’t want anything to jamungous. [I](Is that even a word?:redface: …it should be.)[/I] :laugh:

So my questions to you all is…

If I have to pick a place to grab a quick bite to eat…where should I go? :confused:

Don’t book anything…just grab something on the go. Save room for Jiko!

Yes, my dear…but where do you suggest if we are in the Studios??? :happy:

I really don’t want to book anything, but I still don’t know where we should even go to grab something quick. We were not really impressed with many of the QS places. We have been to the Commissary & Back Lot Express, with just mediocre experiences at best. :closedeye

Any good snack option suggestions???

when we just want to grab something we either get FF at the McDonals cart or fruit from the stand by TOT. Sometimes we get something from Starring Roles

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;918885]Yes, my dear…but where do you suggest if we are in the Studios??? :happy:

I really don’t want to book anything, but I still don’t know where we should even go to grab something quick. We were not really impressed with many of the QS places. We have been to the Commissary & Back Lot Express, with just mediocre experiences at best. :closedeye[/QUOTE]

I am a big fan of the ABC …fast food,but decent in COOL air conditioning. This place seems to get over looked cause it’s never really all that crowded.

We have also had good luck in the ABC Commissary; I especially like their Cuban Sandwich. We have had bad service at the Starring Rolls and WILL NOT go back there. I think they have a good selection of rolls & pastry items at the Writer’s Stop near Muppetvision 3D.

Writers Stop does have some good looking things if I remember correctly. Muffins, pastries and stuff right?

LOVE the Cuban!! Starring rolls is a disaster …always short-handed and the line goes on FORVER!!! I have tried backlot express…that was ok. nothing to write home about ,but decent fast food. eat out side if you go there and avoid the inside if you can help it. I sat in 90 degrees to avoid it…lol

The commissary is probably the best. Their fish and chips are pretty good and I like the Cuban Sandwich too. My kids like the noodle bowls. I can tell you where to get a great dessert - the Bookstop has the best carrot cake cookies.:wub:

You can grab a hotdog or pizza at the Farmer’s Market…

[QUOTE=llama;918984]The commissary is probably the best. Their fish and chips are pretty good and I like the Cuban Sandwich too. My kids like the noodle bowls. I can tell you where to get a great dessert - the Bookstop has the best carrot cake cookies.:wub:

You can grab a hotdog or pizza at the Farmer’s Market…[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm…Carrot Cake Cookies!!! OMGosh now that sounds like a winner…where can we find these?

DH & I both love Carrott Cake :wub:

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;918988]Hmmmm…Carrot Cake Cookies!!! OMGosh now that sounds like a winner…where can we find these?

DH & I both love Carrott Cake :wub:[/QUOTE]

At the Book Stop - or is it Writer’s Stop? :confused: Anyway, the bookstore, just tucked away behind Sci-Fi Diner. My DD and I MUST have one every time we’re at the Studios. They’re huge. Two soft carrot cookies sandwiched together with a cream cheese icing.:wub:

I think this is exactly what we will be looking for Llama! Thanks. I might even get DS to try one of those too. :laugh:

I’ll let you know what the verdict is when we get back. :happy:

I’ll tell you where not to eat- Pizza Planet! :blow::laugh:

lol:laugh::laugh::laugh:

We :heart: pizza planet!! It eats the pants off of resort pizza or pizzafari pizza (now that is :blow: )

But those carrot cake cookies sound DELISH!! I’m a huge carrot cake fan too…

we like the backlot express for a quick meal. the kids like that you can get the meal in a little plastic souvenier box.

I’ve never been impressed with the DHS dining options either. We just pretty much stick to the ABC Comm too… but those carrot cake cookies may very well be a great addition to the dining plan! Thanks for the info!! :happy:

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;918885]Yes, my dear…but where do you suggest if we are in the Studios??? :happy:

I really don’t want to book anything, but I still don’t know where we should even go to grab something quick. We were not really impressed with many of the QS places. We have been to the Commissary & Back Lot Express, with just mediocre experiences at best. :closedeye[/QUOTE]

go to starring rolls cafe. The have scrumptious sweets but they’ll also sell you a bagel and lox - yummmmmmmm

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;918881]We will be having dinner at Jiko that evening so I didn’t want anything to jamungous. (Is that even a word?)
So my questions to you all is…

If I have to pick a place to grab a quick bite to eat…where should I go? :confused:[/QUOTE]

It is a word, but it’s spelled humongous

: extremely large : huge <a humongous building> <humongous amounts of money>

Function: adjective
Etymology: perhaps alteration of huge + monstrous
Date: circa 1967

There’s also “gigundo”, but it’s not in Webster’s, just The Urban Dictionary.

As for where to get food? I’d just break down and get the cheeseburger or chicken nuggets at Backlot Express.