Did I book this and get a good deal?

I have 2 rooms at the value resort ( pop century) we have a total of 6people 1 is a infant though.
we are going from Aug.31st thru sept.5th ( value time)

hopper passes of coarse and the meal package added on too.

total quote was$2,749.71

now I know tommorow I have to call in to get the cost of the meal plan taken off to get a accurate price anyone know how much that might be???

i wanted to figure that out inadvance to make sure we have the same amount.

i am amazed I can not find airfare for the 5 of us with out stopping some place ! I can fly from any of the following places chicago IL, milwaukee WI, madison WI .I asked them at disney for a quote for the heck of it and got a amount with 1 stop for the 5 of us totaling $1,125.00 and the arrival time was terrible i would not get to orland until 7:30pm! I lose my first full day there!
any thoughts are appreciated!!!

steph

Sounds like a good deal, especially when you take off the dining plan.

You can figure $38/adult/night & $10/child/night to take off your meal costs.

This is what it says on allears:

4/2/06: A limited-time Magic Your Way vacation package that includes Disney’s Dining Plan is now available to Disney Visa Cardholders before it is made available to the general public on April 4, 2006. This package is offered for most nights August 13 - September 30, 2006 at select Disney Value Resorts.

Book 5 nights, 6 days at a select Disney Value Resort for only $435 per adult. Add up to two children in the same room for only $176 per child ages 3-9. (Based on adult double occupancy in a standard room.) Package will include:

– Stay at select Disney Value Resort.
– Disney theme park admission. Your 6-day ticket gives you access to one theme park each day.
– Disney Dining Plan. Receive one quick service meal, a select snack and one table-service meal per person, per night of your package. Choose from more than 100 select Disney restaurants, including Disney character dining.

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/restnews.htm

That is a great price for 2 rooms and 6 people.

you should be able to find decent airfare from Chicago. But you might have to wait until it gets closer to Fall. We usually fly United or Southwest non stop. Southwest often has the 59.00 each way fare. Or Spirit Airlines is another good place to try. Last Fall we flew on United from Chicago to MCO for 168 R/T a non stop flight. Good Luck

Ddoll’s deal sounds better, right?

That’s what I think too. 4 adults - 2 per room based on double occupancy (mouseof3 didn’t say how many were adults) would be $1740, then 1 child (assuming one of the 6 is an infant) is $176. That’s $1916 - or $833 less than mouseof3’s quote. (Sorry the accountant in me is emerging)

It would be well worth getting the VISA for - or did I read that wrong, that it is available to the general public today.

Mouseof3 - call back and ask about it!!!

Nicely done EandB. I’m interested to see what Mouse decided…

I know the 6th person was an infant…but what about the 5th person. Is it a child or an adult.

If it’s 5 adults and one infant, the total with the free dining should be about $2447 at the pop century for Aug 31 - Sept 5 (5 nights).

the 6 pp include 2 adults then the kids are ages9,7,3, and infant that was for 2 rooms, dining package and hopper . coarse now we applied the discount for dining since the code was able to be used.
husband is anti credit card for trips , he thinks credit cards are for emergency use for the home, illness that kinda thing .however we do use our target card at xmas time other wise we pay with what ever the bank account has in it! we are probably one of the few who do things that way we just don’t like the idea paying on something for what seems to be forever with interest rates etc. we know to may people who are in teh hole with credit cards in the thousands. shoot we are buying a newer car (2005)and paying for most of it in full to only finance like 3k.