Did they skip Oct, Nov & Dec '08 for discounts?

Hi there, I’m freaking out!!! I just got my August Disney Newsletter via email and in it are discounted packages beginnning Jan. '09. Can this be true??? Did they skip Oct, Nov and Dec. '08??? I’ve been waiting for Dec '08.

OMG…i hope not!!

it would something if not discounts were released for Oct., Nov. & Dec. they have had discounts during these months for that few years!!

OMGosh! I must have deleted my newsletter. Do you have a link to it?

Oh that is not good. Let me call and see what they say.

I hope not, I’m still waiting for those December discounts too!

My understanding is that the Fall 2008 AP rates are due out sometime in the next few weeks.
Discounted room rates and discounted packages are two entirely different things, especially as there is very little real reason for an AP holder to book a full vacation package when all they need are discounts off the rack rate, especially now that we can book the dining plan on a night to night basis without being forced to buy a single day MYW park ticket.

You might not have gotten one. I didn’t.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;863796]My understanding is that the Fall 2008 AP rates are due out sometime in the next few weeks.
Discounted room rates and discounted packages are two entirely different things, especially as there is very little real reason for an AP holder to book a full vacation package when all they need are discounts off the rack rate, especially now that we can book the dining plan on a night to night basis without being forced to buy a single day MYW park ticket.[/QUOTE]

yep, yep…this is my understanding as well.

i think the '09 recently released discounts are on pkgs.

since i didn’t get the letter either…not sure about that, but from what info. i found on mousesavers that’s at least what i am assuming.

Maybe I didn’t :blink:

I hope they have Nov discounts, that would be very nice. How do you find out about them?

It’s on the passholder website . . . if you are referring to the Mickey Monitor? They put it on the website and then you will get one in your mailbox!

From past experience of going to WDW 1st week of Nov I remember the Fall Sale coming out every year in Sept. I only remember this because a few times I have already paid my final payment (45 days before), and have gotten a credit to my CC for the difference.

I would like them to come out before, because I still havent paid off my trip! :pinch: :angel:

this is the link (again) to the past release dates:
MouseSavers.com - Historical Information on Walt Disney World Resort Discounts

I didn’t see anything about Jan 2009 discounts, that is when we are going does anyone have that info?

I read the Mickey Monitor on the passholder site, but I didn’t see anything about a Jan 09 discount. Did I miss that?:huh:

The only discount I saw were for Aug/Sept.:blink:

^I’m curious too. I’ve gotten 2 emails from Disney (newsletters) this month and neither had discount info for Jan travel. I also got one via snail mail and didn’t see anything past the fall.

Tinkerbell, could you specify this January discount. I’m going in Jan, and would like to see if I can take advantage of any discounts you’ve learned about.

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;864133]I read the Mickey Monitor on the passholder site, but I didn’t see anything about a Jan 09 discount. Did I miss that?:huh:

The only discount I saw were for Aug/Sept.:blink:[/QUOTE]

NO, sorry . . . I missed that you wanted Jan . . . sorry! :blush:

Thats OK! I thought I was losing “MY” mind…but it was just “YOURS”!:laugh:

Yes . . . seems to happen to me more and more these days . … YIKES!!

So I just go off the phone and booked my Halloween trip . . . OCT 24-26 . . . short and sweet.

I got an All Star Family Suite, Dining and MNSSHP tickets . . . YAY! :happy:

So I said, “When the discounts come out, can I call and change the ressie?” The CM told me that I ALREADY received a discount on the passholder dining, so I have to PICK ONLY ONE discount . . . and she said any resort discount wouldn’t be as good as the dining . . . :confused: This confused me a bit, cuz dining for passholders is the same price isn’t it? So really it’s just an “offer” not a discount?

We hung up and then I remembered I didn’t ask here the cost (again with the MIND!) :blush: So instead of calling back I thought I’d ask here . . . does anyone know?

Thanks!