Did you know: Have your cake – and eat it!

Did you know that Walt Disney World has a Cake Hotline??? You can order a cake for a birthday or special occasion. Just order it at least 48 hours in advance through WDW’s Cake Hotline (407-827-2253). Remind the people at the podium where you are dining at Walt Disney World about these special arrangements as you check in for your lunch or dinner reservation.

Yes, we used this service a few years ago to order a cake for my husband’s birthday dinner. You have to be clear at the podium that you ordered a cake through this service. We reminded the podium and they brought us the little cake dessert that the restaurant typically gives for birthdays but it wasn’t the one I ordered. They appologized and found our cake and gave it to us afterward and they didn’t charge us for it, so it worked out fine, just wasn’t the surprise I had hoped for.

:happy:I’ll have to remember this for our next trip. The thought of a piece of cake is making me hungry. :donald:

Need more scoop about the hotline? Check out the MB archives – we have had lots of cake hotline success stories and plenty of fabulous photos of the goods! Here is a sample of what they can do for you:

Here are some more – these are all pics of my favorites. Amazing, aren’t they?:

Oh man, I love the cakes!

Well those cakes are just fabulous and thank you so much for that info I didn’t know that and as DH always has a birthday at WDW and this year is the big 5-0! then this would be just a wonderful surprise- thanks again.

i saw online i can order a pirate cake for dh b day… anybody see one?

Miss Disney-I love the top cake in this set of cake pics with the white chocolate Mickey on top. Was this for your own celebration or maybe know who on Mousebuzz got this cake. I would love to order something similar. I really like the one with the Mickey Topiary as well. Any info would be great.

Victoria – When you call the hotline, you will first be asked which restaurant or resort you want your cake to be served/delivered. Then you will be transfered to the approrpiate bakery. There are actually several bakeries around the World, so depending on which restaurant you want to have your caked served at, you will talk directly to one of those pastry chefs. For instance, I think Contemporary shares with Wilderness Lodge, etc.

He or she will ask you for the specifics of what you want your cake to look like. Just email them the photo you want, or a combination of cakes, and you two can discuss them over the phone and they can get yours just right for you.

In my opinion, while I love them all, the very best and most beautiful cakes come from the GF bakers. I believe both the Mickey and the topiary cakes came from that bakery, as well as the ones with the real-looking flowers made of sugar. The crazy one in the top photo, if I remember correctly, was from Contemporary.

The cake with the lei was served at Poly. Isn’t that lei incredible?

They look amazing. What are the cake prices?

They can get pretty high. For our trip in December, I was working with the Contemporary bakery about a special order cake (the smallest size they could make like I wanted it was for 8 people) and by the time I ended up with my wish list of stuff, it got so high that I ended up cancelling anyway, because we were leaving the next day, so we would have had to waste half of a very expensive cake!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;930613]Victoria – When you call the hotline, you will first be asked which restaurant or resort you want your cake to be served/delivered. Then you will be transfered to the approrpiate bakery. There are actually several bakeries around the World, so depending on which restaurant you want to have your caked served at, you will talk directly to one of those pastry chefs. For instance, I think Contemporary shares with Wilderness Lodge, etc.

He or she will ask you for the specifics of what you want your cake to look like. Just email them the photo you want, or a combination of cakes, and you two can discuss them over the phone and they can get yours just right for you.

In my opinion, while I love them all, the very best and most beautiful cakes come from the GF bakers. I believe both the Mickey and the topiary cakes came from that bakery, as well as the ones with the real-looking flowers made of sugar. The crazy one in the top photo, if I remember correctly, was from Contemporary.

The cake with the lei was served at Poly. Isn’t that lei incredible?[/QUOTE]

Miss Disney you rock. Thank you for being so patient with me- I definitely love the one at the very top the best. I guess I will just have to call and talk to them to see if they reproduce something for me at a reasonable cost like it if not I will just do a more standard style cake.
Thanks again :happy:

wow! those cakes are AMAZING!!! but the prices are probably not. lol!