Did you see the room rates for next yr?

Just looking at room rates for no particular reason, but a room for the week after Thanksgiving this yr is 82 (weekday) at POP. Next yr it’s 95. There are 21 separate listings for rooms rates next yr at POP. Weekday, weekends, all kinds of holidays, value 1 , value 2, it makes me dizzy trying to find out what you would pay.

Guess disney isn’t doing too bad with a jump like that. That’s about a 16 %.

Hearing this makes me love my DVC even more.

AMEN, ain’t that the truth sister!

Jo - you need to buy some more points! :laugh:

Remember, the ONLY time there is such a thing as too many points is when the annual dues statement comes out! :eek:

And you know what, even that’s not bad when you think about it. Even using points for a cruise last year, if I had paid cash for the cruise…

wow! I guess I should start checking into DVC.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1054626]AMEN, ain’t that the truth sister!

Jo - you need to buy some more points! :laugh:

Remember, the ONLY time there is such a thing as too many points is when the annual dues statement comes out! :eek:

And you know what, even that’s not bad when you think about it. Even using points for a cruise last year, if I had paid cash for the cruise…[/QUOTE]

I wish I could. I would like to get maybe 60 points at BCV. Just enough to get 11 month window for 3 or 4 nights. Or every other yr for a week.

Last yr we use about 450 points (some banked, we only have 300) but that was a 5 night BLT trip for DD, a 6 night BLT trip for DS, a 12 night BCV, 7 nights at AKV and 6 night BLT for us. Don’t think we could have stretch those points any better than we did.

This gives me more fire power to DH to buy into DVC. We are now SERIOUSLY considering it and crunching numbers. It just looks like I may have to wait 2 years to pay off a few bills we’ve been attacking. 2 years seems like FOREVER! We just don’t want to finance it if we don’t have to.

wow that pricing structure is ludicrous. Definitely happy to have our DVC points as well

DVC was a great investment! We’re thingking about buying more points. We just never seem to have enough points for everything we want to do.

I agree…thank goodness for DVC! :slight_smile:

I’m in the same boat as the rest of you… So thankful for DVC.

What would you say a 5 night stay, 1 room at WL in July would be equilivant to when you breakdown the $ vs. pts per night, to incl all taxes/fees involved? Would one night be $100, $200 or…

That would take a good deal of math to figure out. A lot of DVC people paid off the upfront cost right away or at least within a few yrs. Then one only thinks of “for $ 1200 in dues, I can stay for x of days”. For my 300 points in July I could stay for 16 days in a studio at VWL. So that would be $75 a night. But then you have to add in your up front cost. Then the “what if I had kept that money in some account, would I had added or lost money over the yrs” math to content with.

Also with a DVC room, you can have X number of people in a room, doesn’t matter if they are kids or adults. With a deluxe resort, for more than 2 adults, you pay something like $20 extra per night per extra adult. So more math involved.

For us, we were able to pay off the upfront cost quickly and now we know our kids and grand kids will be able to afford a deluxe disney room for yrs to come. That is after we get done with it. :tongue:

Just to add some more math into the deal…just like disney room prices change from season to season, points needed for a DVC change also. During the last yr, my family spent 36 nights at disney during the slower period. (See post #5 for the resorts) Making the adjustment for the points banked, the cost came out to about $50-$55 a night. (Again ignoring the upfront costs.)

If I do a quick calculation on my DVC we own 200 points, if I break that down over the years I will own, add my maint fees, I went for 12 nights this year 7 of them will be over Thanksging weekend to the first Saturday in Dec. I will be staying at the AKL with a savanah view, my other trip this year was at OKW for 5 nights the week after Easter, both were studios. But I calculate the I paid $99.03 per night. But the AKL would have cost me approx $371.00 per night. This year I didn’t use my points as wisely as I usually do, being that when I went in a higher seaon. I feel that buying my points were still cheaper than if I had to pay out of pocket for my rooms.

But as Jo Jo said, there are always a lot of variables.

Thanks for the breakdown. We currently stay at SoG for $123 flat a night regardless of season and so far we haven’t found another place on-site to beat the price, not a room accomodating 5 + the sqft and amenities. But…the same view starts looking “old” after awhile and from reading it seems like DVC offers a change of scenery with swapping resorts. Even though we could bank pts I just don’t know if it would be worth it if we didn’t go every year.

Inflation is kicking in. Not to be political but our government has been pumping trillions of dollars into the economy. Prices have been edging up all year and I am not surprised with the jump we are seeing in room rates at Disney.

The Treasury is going to print up another trillion starting in November (actually the majority is digital money so they create it out of thin air into thin air).

Get ready for a big jump in most everything. And congratulations for all of you the hedged with DVC…turning out to be a very good investment quickly.

(Part of the solution to this is to hike interest rates. From what I have heard to dampen what is coming inflation-wise interest rats will need to raised 20 to 25%. That should give you the magnitude of what we are facing.)

If you don’tmind me asking, what is SoG?

Shades of Green…it’s a resort just for the military… waaaayyyy back when it was called the golf resort. We are talking about 25 years ago.

They are going to raising them every year.

Thank you Jo Jo

I priced today a resort that we usually stay at, with the normal package stuff… and I almost fell over. We will not be going to go to WDW this year… It was insane.