Dine and Then Use The pool?

I was just reading a thread regarding Sanaa at the AKL. In the thread someone had recommended bringing a bathing suit so the family could enjoy the pool after dinner. Is this an accepted practice, and has anyone done it before?

:nonono2::nonono2::nonono2::nonono2:

That was my first reaction, and just wanted to know what others had to say.

This is always a hot topic around here :wacko:

I think if it’s after dinner and the pool isn’t full and don’t seem to be bothering anyone, I don’t see why it would be a problem.

Now if you plan on going in the middle of the day or for a late lunch early dinner and the pool is being used by the resort people than I would take a pass on jumping in.:wink:

Aslong as you valet park there WHY NOT!! Sorry Queenofhearts but could not help saying it. Those out there know what Im talking about. As far as your question goes it is frowned on by most, but if you are willin to change in a restaurant bathroom “Go For It”. If that makes you uncomfortable then you are better off going back to your home resort, since you have not paid to use any other place than the bathroom to change clothes(and that is what counts!!). If it does not bother you, bring along your refillable mugs from years past and really make 'em mad. Sorry this is dripping of sarcasum but my feathers are ruffled.

i think what some people is where clothes over your bathing suit so people don’t feel uncomfortable

No you cannot. People pay higher prices at Deluxe resorts to enjoy everything it has to offer. Seeing you did not pay to stay at that resort, you have no right using it’s perks. I believe AKL is one of those that you have to use a room key card to get into the pool. It’s a shame that they have to go to that length to keep people following the rules, but I’m glad they are enforcing it.

Is it April 1st already?:huh:

No it is not acceptable. Under any circumstances. Whatsoever. Never. Nope.

[QUOTE=llama;1023351]Is it April 1st already?:huh:

No it is not acceptable. Under any circumstances. Whatsoever. Never. Nope.[/QUOTE]

uhm no…

what happened to under ur clothes

Gotta keep the rif raf out,you know!!

[QUOTE=PrinceMickey;1023361]uhm no…

what happened to under ur clothes[/QUOTE]

Has nothing to do with “under YOUR clothes” It has to do with if I save up my money all year long to be able to stay at a deluxe resort, I don’t want anyone sneaking in there taking space that they didn’t pay for.

I don’t know if that was a snide comment or not, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. All I’m saying is you get what you pay for. Has nothing to do with rif raf. Some people save for years and years to be able to stay there. They should be able to enjoy without extra crowds taking up space.

This is also my opinion, if your not a registered guest, go to your own pool.

You can NOT :nonono2: eat there and then go swiming… You have to wait one hour after eating before you go swiming…:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just my opinion. Not trying to affend. But for some reason its seems OK to share Deluxe benefits with other Deluxe guests. If someone from another deluxe resort shared your pool would that be exceptable? If they came from say GF to Poly would you let it go? Or if you decided to slip into a moderate resort pool it would be OK since you stayed at a higher end resort? Of course not because you are staying at a deluxe so you would go to your own pool!! (and then begruge someone for letting their kids experiance a pool above there familys means). They share the parks, can even eat at your resort, but rub elbows at the pool, “Unexceptable”. Think about it people, how many are going to make an effort to attack your pool after a day in the park and dinner? Maybe its me but most would be exausted and ready to head back to their own resort anyway.

No - it would not be ok. Would you pull into a Holiday Inn and stroll through the lobby and use their pool? “Sharing pools” is not at all like sharing the parks. Everyone who purchased a ticket to the theme parks has the same privileges - those privileges do not extend to taking advantage of pools someone else is paying for. Why stop at pools? Maybe guests should open up their rooms and let others “experience” them too.

It has nothing to do with “keeping out the Riff-Raff”. The same holds for someone staying at a deluxe resort - they have no business heading over to the Pop Century for a “quick dip”.

Before the “no pool-hopping” rule was enforced we had a holiday at the WL spoiled because loads of kids from the camp ground used the pool all day. We couldn’t even find a chair, let alone a towel. How was that fair to us? I had saved for 2 years for that vacation and a big part of it was spoiled for us.

don’t forget bringing food taken from that morning’s buffet…lol

All good points.
Like I had said VERY hot topic for some.:rolleyes:

I get people saving for a long time for a certain resort, me being one of those people. But if your in a resort/resturant with your DD and the pool is empty and she jumps in for 10 minutes who is that really going to hurt?
On the other hand, I totaly without a doubt think it’s WRONG if the pool is fill with guests, than YES, very rude.

I think it a very difficult grey area. UNLESS…
Is it posted any place at the pools that you must be a guest at that resort to use the pool?

If so than you are really breaking the rules.

So I guess I see both sides of this:blush:

[QUOTE=llama;1023380]No - it would not be ok. Would you pull into a Holiday Inn and stroll through the lobby and use their pool? “Sharing pools” is not at all like sharing the parks. Everyone who purchased a ticket to the theme parks has the same privileges - those privileges do not extend to taking advantage of pools someone else is paying for. Why stop at pools? Maybe guests should open up their rooms and let others “experience” them too.

It has nothing to do with “keeping out the Riff-Raff”. The same holds for someone staying at a deluxe resort - they have no business heading over to the Pop Century for a “quick dip”.

Before the “no pool-hopping” rule was enforced we had a holiday at the WL spoiled because loads of kids from the camp ground used the pool all day. We couldn’t even find a chair, let alone a towel. How was that fair to us? I had saved for 2 years for that vacation and a big part of it was spoiled for us.[/QUOTE]
How do ya know were they came from? Maybe it was just a busy time and the pool was full? Last year we stayed moderate (gasp) and the quiet pool was loud the entire stay! Not sure if they came fron one of the economy resorts but I didnt follow them. We just found other things to do. It is Disney after all (Thanks for spellin Riff Raff)

[QUOTE=llama;1023380]No - it would not be ok. Would you pull into a Holiday Inn and stroll through the lobby and use their pool? “Sharing pools” is not at all like sharing the parks. Everyone who purchased a ticket to the theme parks has the same privileges - those privileges do not extend to taking advantage of pools someone else is paying for. Why stop at pools? Maybe guests should open up their rooms and let others “experience” them too.

Before the “no pool-hopping” rule was enforced we had a holiday at the WL spoiled because loads of kids from the camp ground used the pool all day. We couldn’t even find a chair, let alone a towel. How was that fair to us? I had saved for 2 years for that vacation and a big part of it was spoiled for us.[/QUOTE]
That would P*** Me off for sure. Did you say anything to the CM’s?