Dining and park hours Q

My sister and her family are going to WDW with another family in February. They are staying at BLT. They were told they can start making their dining resies next week…but park hours, parade and firework times for that week won’t be posted until 3 months prior to the trip. They were hoping to make their dining resies in accordance to park hours, show times etc.
I was wondering if there was a ‘times history’ somewhere…If they could find what the park hours, parade & fireworks days and times were for that week last year…would that be a pretty good guess as to what they could be this year??
Any thoughts or tips??

[QUOTE=Reiko;1000831]My sister and her family are going to WDW with another family in February. They are staying at BLT. They were told they can start making their dining resies next week…but park hours, parade and firework times for that week won’t be posted until 3 months prior to the trip. They were hoping to make their dining resies in accordance to park hours, show times etc.
I was wondering if there was a ‘times history’ somewhere…If they could find what the park hours, parade & fireworks days and times were for that week last year…would that be a pretty good guess as to what they could be this year??
Any thoughts or tips??[/QUOTE]

I believe I read that starting October 27th Disney will be posting park hours 6 months in advance to accommodate the 180 day ADRs.

I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=skunis1;1000843]I believe I read that starting October 27th Disney will be posting park hours 6 months in advance to accommodate the 180 day ADRs.

I hope that helps. :-)[/QUOTE]

I read the same thing somewhere. If not, I think you can look back at Disney World - The Largest Unofficial On-Line Guide to Disney World, Walt Disney World under park hours to get an idea.

I have used a similar month (ie winter months if going in winter time and summer if going in summer time) to do my planning ahead. If the times are not expanded on the 27th then try using an early December week or January week (using the days of the week you will be there) to get a feel for the park hours.

I use this site because it has previous park hours for every day of the year including parade and firework schedules

Walt Disney World park hours, fireworks and parade times, Disney World park hours

Hope it helps

DonnyD…that was an awesome site…I really needed to know what days they’ll be having which shows. Thanks so much!

~ Pam

40 days till my First-ever Christmas trip :sled:, with CBR and Free Dining!

[QUOTE=Sungold;1001967]DonnyD…that was an awesome site…I really needed to know what days they’ll be having which shows. Thanks so much!

~ Pam

40 days till my First-ever Christmas trip :sled:, with CBR and Free Dining![/QUOTE]

Always willing to share whatever info I have.
Pam have a great trip - I’ll be there a little earlier 4th to 12th

[QUOTE=DonnyD;1002145]Always willing to share whatever info I have.
Pam have a great trip - I’ll be there a little earlier 4th to 12th[/QUOTE]

[B]I guess we’ll be overlapping a bit, Donny. I’ll be there from the 8th till the 15th. Can’t wait! :biggrin:

~ Pam

38 Days till my First-ever Christmas-time visit :tinytree:, at CBR with Free Dining![/B]

[QUOTE=Sungold;1002364][B]I guess we’ll be overlapping a bit, Donny. I’ll be there from the 8th till the 15th. Can’t wait! :biggrin:

~ Pam

38 Days till my First-ever Christmas-time visit :tinytree:, at CBR with Free Dining![/B][/QUOTE]

Pam,
I’ve been there 3 times at Christmas time if there are any questions please let me know. Make sure to stop by the Beach Club to see the Chocolate Carosuel it is gigantic and amazing
Donna

Hi Donny…if I think of anything I’ll be sure to ask you! Right now, I’m thinking that besides eating & gawking at all the decorations, I’ll be lucky to have time for a ride or two! :wink: Thanks for the tip on the Chocolate Carousel…I am hoping to eat at the Cape May Cafe one night, so I’ll be sure to stop by the lobby & see it.

~ Pam

36 Days till my First-ever Christmastime trip :santa:, at CBR with Free Dining!

Hi Pam,

Another thing to consider if you have the time and like gawking…visit some of the larger resorts to check out all of the Christmas decorations. Takes a little planning with the transportation but well worth it.

Enjoy!

[QUOTE=Sungold;1002531]Hi Donny…if I think of anything I’ll be sure to ask you! Right now, I’m thinking that besides eating & gawking at all the decorations, I’ll be lucky to have time for a ride or two! :wink: Thanks for the tip on the Chocolate Carousel…I am hoping to eat at the Cape May Cafe one night, so I’ll be sure to stop by the lobby & see it.

~ Pam

36 Days till my First-ever Christmastime trip :santa:, at CBR with Free Dining![/QUOTE]

Pam,
Cape May is great I ate at the Clam Bake last time I was there, and now the crab legs are on the buffet so you don’t have to pay extra for them.
As far as Hotel decorations, I prefer the BC,YC,BW, Cont & GF and then the Poly. Take your time looking at the Gingerbread House in GF because there are lots of details.
For my trip I am going to try and hear all the Holiday Storytellers in the various countries tell about how the holidays are celebrated in their land.
What other ADR’s do you have?
Donna

Oh yes, I do want to see the various hotel decorations! I actually do not have any ADRs yet. Since I am going solo, I thought it might be OK to take my chances in most places, so I’m not locked into a time or park on a specific day. Fantasmic, SpectroMagic & Wishes are not being held every day, so I have to be sure to fit that in. The only thing I will try to lock in is the Candlelight Processional dinner package at Epcot. (Of course, I could change my mind later. :ohmy:) Why haven’t I done it yet? Because I am obsessing over websites, message boards & guidebooks, and procrastinating over everything else! :redface: :blush:

~ Pam

35 Days till my First-ever Christmastime trip :sled:, at CBR with Free Dining!

Pam,
Remember you can make ADR’s then change them if you wish after you do all your research. Check the Extra magic hour nights then you can arrange your park visits then picking restaurants should be easy.
Donna