Dining challenge if you don't arrive on a Saturday

We have a short trip coming up that has us arriving on a Tuesday and staying through Friday. The problem is, so many people begin their vacation on a weekend day, and because the rules allow everyone to book their entire list of ressies for the whole stay 90 days out from the arrival date – the “hot” ressies (Le Cellier, Ohana, etc.) are gone for that entire week by the time my booking date arrives.

I don’t think the rules are unfair or should be changed, but I am really bummed out that because my trip starts on a Tuesday, I don’t get those excellent dinners that we love so much. From now on, I will move heaven and earth to start each trip on Saturday.

Just wanted to whine a litte…

I hear ya!!! We are notorious for doing Wed-Wed stays or weird Tues-Sunday trips & I was thinking EXACTLY what you just explained! I thought it was a little crazy that I couldn’t get Garden Grill, Crystal Palace, OR Chef Mickeys within a couple days of our 90 day mark. Remember when I wanted to switch out Hollywood & Vine? Then I realized b/c it was for our arrival day [Wednesday] that probably all those people arriving on the Sat-Sun before us made ADRs for the entire week!

But MissDis, you can also think of it as we got a leg up on those peeps arriving the Saturday a couple days after us. :smile:

Yeah – true. Unfortunately, I don’t have that luxury. I have to bail on Friday of the same week. BUMMER!

Electric Umbrella, here we come! :huh::pinch::laugh:

I wonder what is the % of people checking in on each day of the week?

I guess this is where the 180 day window helped most of us. We’re all planners and had everything ready to go at 180 where as the average family wasn’t thinking about making dining plans that far out.

My 90 day window is coming quickly and I’m not really sure what we want at this point but I need to make some type of plan so we get something.

We also travel Tues-Tues or Wed-Wed or such. Flights are cheaper for us on those days. I’m really not looking forward to making ADR’s on June 18th for fear of not getting what we want with the new 90 day time. I’m going to think positively and just plan to have some flexibility for getting the restaurants we want!

You’re well inside your 90 day mark already!
I made my reservations for June 14-17 at the 90 day mark and got Chef Mickey’s for the day and time I wanted breakfast. I got pretty much everything I wanted at the time I wanted, with the exception of Le Cellier, which was already booked for dinner all mights we will be there. I did have the option of lunch reservations, but they did not work for me and my late breakfasts.

Hey, Just a thought and it is a little underhanded but how about making your arrival on Sat. and than after you book your ADR’s call back and change your room reservations to start on the actual day you want them to…Oh well Just a thought.

Most flights arrive from the north of england Wed - Thur:ph34r:

hope you get dinning that you want:heart:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;952593]You’re well inside your 90 day mark already!
I made my reservations for June 14-17 at the 90 day mark and got Chef Mickey’s for the day and time I wanted breakfast. I got pretty much everything I wanted at the time I wanted, with the exception of Le Cellier, which was already booked for dinner all mights we will be there. I did have the option of lunch reservations, but they did not work for me and my late breakfasts.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you misunderstood me. The date I can make ADR’s is on June 18th. We don’t arrive until Sept 16. :happy:

Too creative for me! LOL

I guess it’s best to just dial the phone with my fingers crossed.

We have only once arrived on a Saturday. Almost every other trip we have taken, we have left Detroit on a Tues or Wed, and I can honestly say I have not had trouble getting adrs (Le Cellier included) for our trips. So chin up, ( but keep your fingers crossed, just in case) and hakuna matata!! :))

We have arrived at WDW on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and never had a problem with ADRs. Of course, all those trips had ADRs that were made using the old 180 day window (not that I made the reservations 180 day out, but that was the time frame). At 90 days out, you are competing with multiple promotions and people who don’t book until later. It is frustrating! I am a planner, usually starting months and months in advance. I wish they would go back to the 180 days.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;952559]I guess this is where the 180 day window helped most of us. We’re all planners and had everything ready to go at 180 where as the average family wasn’t thinking about making dining plans that far out.
[/QUOTE]

That’s so true!!!

I know your pain. I arrive on a Monday and with the new system of only booking 90days out, I am not sure if we will get the ADRs we would like. I will be really bumbed and will cancel our DDP if we are pushed to resturants that we are not crazy about. If that happens we will try some of the resturants at Swan and Dolphin as well as other places that are not on the plan and just pay cash.

Good luck on the ADRs, I hope you get what you want. Our 90 days is next week so I am crossing my fingers.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;952593]You’re well inside your 90 day mark already!
I made my reservations for June 14-17 at the 90 day mark and got Chef Mickey’s for the day and time I wanted breakfast. I got pretty much everything I wanted at the time I wanted, with the exception of Le Cellier, which was already booked for dinner all mights we will be there. I did have the option of lunch reservations, but they did not work for me and my late breakfasts.[/QUOTE]

I think she was saying that June 14th is the day she CAN call to make her ADRs, not that she’s checking in on June 14th.

Sorry TaraRae, didn’t mean to speak for you but I was pretty sure that’s what you meant. :happy:

Good idea, Remy. I’m going to start checking the non-DDP restaurants just in case I can’t get the ADRs I’d like. We will be there during Food and Wine Festival so I know we won’t go hungry, but I like to sit and be waited on and pampered once in a while.

OK, here’s the update.

For the basic restaurants, I did get exactly what I wanted. I had not expected any surprises, because the places weren’t all that challenging.

And now (drum roll please) – for my Le Cellier ressies, I did get a dinner at the place – at 4:10 p.m.!!! HUH? So weird. Does that count as an early dinner, or a late lunch? Oh well, at least we are in.

Note to self: Start the vacation on a Saturday.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;952759]OK, here’s the update.

For the basic restaurants, I did get exactly what I wanted. I had not expected any surprises, because the places weren’t all that challenging.

And now (drum roll please) – for my Le Cellier ressies, I did get a dinner at the place – at 4:10 p.m.!!! HUH? So weird. Does that count as an early dinner, or a late lunch? Oh well, at least we are in.

Note to self: Start the vacation on a Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I’m happy you got the restaurants you wanted, maybe calling back every few days may get you a better time. I think you can do it through MS/DVC and use the 800 number.

I’m glad you got the ressies you wanted!!
We’re early eaters (leaves time for an evening pastry snack in France or Norway, Yummy!!) so the 4:00pm dinner sounds perfect to me!!
We did our trip this year Tues-Tues because of flights and it worked out well, I called 90 days in advance and I didn’t have any trouble with reservations.

Good luck!!