Dining Days

We will be arriving for a 8 night 9 day trip around 2:30pm. Once we check in, will the Dining Plan start that day or the next morning? That night might be a great time to head to Ohana to start off the trip right. Any thoughts?

You can start using the dining plan as soon as you check in.

Welcome to MouseBuzz. As Disney Teacher said - your ddp will kick in as soon as you’ve checked into your resort. Ohana is a great restaurant - when are you going? With all the Dining Plans WDW is offering right now, reservations are a necessity. I would call asap.

July 24 - August 1st, 2009 Any other suggestions?

We’ll be there about that same time. We usually go the last week in July and the first week in August. It’s hot but we have a good time.

Are you taking kids? There are several character meals to pick from. Are you looking for a fancy type meal for a nice evening out? Unique dining?

We will have 3 boys with us. 15, 14 and 9. The two oldest have been there, but my youngest has never been on an airplane not to mention ever being at Disney. I’m not completely sure he’ll care too much about seeing tons of characters, but we might do one of the character breakfasts. I used to go to Crystal Palace all the time as a kid, so we’ll do that for at least one breakfast. But I want to make sure to get my kids in front of as many different types of food and atmosphere as possible.

Have you looked at going to the Hoop Dee Doo? It’s 2 credits on the dining plan but we really like it. We also like Sci Fi and 50’s PrimeTime for something unique. The food isn’t 5 start but the atmosphere is fun and totally different from what we have at home. Le Cellier is very popular due to the fact it’s only one credit yet very good.

Book your dining AS SOON AS you are allowed!

I don’t know WHAT is going on, but getting dining has been tough lately!?!?

Try Teppan Edo in Epcot!

I have to wait till 90 days out don’t I?

Yes, you have to wait until 90 days out to call.

On day 90, our reservations will be made! Thanks to everyone for their input!