Dining opinions

Ok so its official, we are going back to the world March 18-25 2009, after just being there in September…never would i have imagined!!!
Anyway, now is where I need MBuzzers help. This trip we have the dining plan that offers 2 counter services per day. What counter services do you reccomend?? Last trip we had fish n chips in epcot & ate at yak & Yeti and our others we just used at POP, so now we are looking for more counterservices in the parks.
Also, we will be getting the $200 gift card when we get there and are deciding if we should use it on a character meal for our DD5. Last trip we did Chef Mickeys, Tusker house breakfast, Akershus, 1900 park faire & crystal palace. Are there any others that are Highly reccomended?? We were thinking maybe Mickeys Back Yard BBQ??? Our other idea is to just use the giftcard at the Rainforest cafe for breakfast…mmmmmm yummy!!!
Even though i dont ‘know’ anyone here, I would value all opinions!!
Thanks in advance.
K

My favorite counter service is in Morocco in Epcot and it’s called the Tangerine Cafe. It is soo good!
More than half of Disney CS’s are your typical burger, fries, chicken tenders kind of places and it’s really hard to pit one over the other…but as far as the rest.
I also like Pecos Bills and Columbia Harbour House in MK.
Cantina de San Angel (mexico), Fish and Chips (England) and Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.
If I am forced to eat in HS I like Backlot Express…but it’s nothing special.
I love love love Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom.
And the very best CS restaurants are probably in DTD! Earl of Sandwich is delicious and shouldn’t be missed and Wolfgang Puck’s Express is also very good and they have a lot of variety you don’t find in most CS’s.

Tangierine Cafe is the yummiest! It’s all about the schwarma platter!

[QUOTE=cinderbella;901270]My favorite counter service is in Morocco in Epcot and it’s called the Tangerine Cafe. It is soo good!
More than half of Disney CS’s are your typical burger, fries, chicken tenders kind of places and it’s really hard to pit one over the other…but as far as the rest.
I also like Pecos Bills and Columbia Harbour House in MK.
Cantina de San Angel (mexico), Fish and Chips (England) and Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.
If I am forced to eat in HS I like Backlot Express…but it’s nothing special.
I love love love Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom.
And the very best CS restaurants are probably in DTD! Earl of Sandwich is delicious and shouldn’t be missed and Wolfgang Puck’s Express is also very good and they have a lot of variety you don’t find in most CS’s.[/QUOTE]

I think Bella aced this test. These are the ones that usually get the highest marks, both here and on Allearsnet dining reviews. The ones we haven’t done (Mexico, England, Columbia HH, and the 2 DTD’s) are next on our list!

If you want Pizza then Pizza Plant at Hollywood studio’s is good. Remember to most of the places that just serve things like burgers, chicken fingers and french fries also have to condiment bar so you can change up you meal with different condiments. I also agree with Flame tree and Pecos Bill very good choices

My choices would have to be Pecos Bill and I like that place in AK that serves the Barbeque ribs but I can’t remember the name of the place.

:confused:We booked the counter service package for March 1-8, but now when I add up the cost of adding 3 table service meals for 4 adults and two kids 11 and 13, I think we may be better off with the regular dining package. Our favorite counters are Flame Tree, Sunshine Seasons, Cosmic Ray’s, Wolfgang Puck Express, and Fish and chips at Epcot. That was another reason we may reconsider the plan, I don"t know if I like enough counter sevice to have 2 meals a day:blink:

If you plan on eating table service dining more than once I’d go ahead and upgrade to the regular dining plan. I really love it and hesitate going to the world without it! We don’t have children yet so taking our time and eating a nice dinner is really one of our favorite parts of our trip.

Pecos Bill and ABC Commissary are my personal favorites. Also, don’t forget that there can be some good CS meals at the various resorts if they aren’t TOO far out of your way.

Flame Tree Barbeque that’s it!

Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbour House

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons in The Land Pavillion

Hollywood Studios - for want of anything better, The Commissary

Animal Kingdom - Donald’s Restaurantausaurus

Marketplace - Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express

Boardway - the Spoodles Pizza Window

:eek:Hollywood Studios really need to upgrade their counter service! It has always been my least favorite park for counter service

My favorite counter service is Cosmic Rays in MK. Sit down is Ohana’s. For me its not to be missed ever

Ditto to Bella’s suggestions! They are all superb!