Dining Plan balance question

We are thinking about getting the dining plan this October. Hopefully it will be free!

My question is this: When you pay for your meals, does it give you a balance on the receipt? Say for example, one night we skip table service and just get snacks at the hotel. Or, I may get 3 snacks in one day.

Does that make any sense?

Yes at the bottom of each meal slip your will see… 5 snacks remaining, or 5 table serves remaing and so on.
Just be careful not to use all your snacks or counter serves up in a couple of days. You only get a certain amount per day, depending upon the plan you get.
You will also see most of us here on MB make our dinning ressie VERY early! It’s a must if you want a certain rest. at a certain time.

Good luck, keep us posted!

Your balance is shown at the bottom of your receipt and you can approach any counter service and ask them to scan and give you a balance, or you can get a balance from guest services.

Thanks :slight_smile: I made our reservations today for October 25-30th. I have the regualr dining plan, 1 table service meal, 1 quick service meal, and 1 snack.

We are going to Mickey’s Not So Scary Haloween Party one (or two;) of the nights we are there. I don’t want to choose reservations for that night, so I need to wait and see when the NSSHP nights will be.

I want to have dinner at the castle one night, and maybe lunch at the Crystal Palace. I know those will take up more of my credits, but we aren’t bothered by quick service meals and snacks to fill in the gaps. It’s just me and my 3 year old (at the time we go), so we want to have some nice sit-down meals with the characters.

For what it is worth the CP is very nice for breakfast. You can make your ressies for before rope drop and they let you walk down main street before the park opens to get to your breakfast. I love doing this because it just seems so magical to be in the park and on main street before the world wakes up. Kind of sentimental I guess. Also it means a great starting point for the day when you are done as it puts you right in the central hub…the world is your oyster so to speak. Have a great time!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Just remember to cash all of your remaining meals before you go. We use them all on snacks for the ride home. LOL

We tried to use ours up too when we had the DP, also we were able to redeem small snack candy type items to give as small presents to kids who live in our road and always eagerly wait for something from Mickey!