Dining plan counter service question

I guess I have never paid much attention but does a child have to order off the childrens menu at a counter service restaurant? I had a child with me on the trip last December and as far as I remember the number of counter service credits remaining was not separated into child and adult as the table credit was, so does this mean if I order for a child they could get the same meal as I do?

The child and adult credits are all pooled together for counter services. We just got back 2 weeks ago. Most places let the kids get whatever they wanted, but Cosmic Rays in Epcot let them get adult meals one day and the next time made them get kids meals. (although they gave us free cookies since that was not an option for the kids!!) Peco’s Bills said they had to get kids meals until both my kids started to cry(they had poor kids meals selections), then she let them get the pulled pork!!! I never asked, just ordered adult meals and dealt with ii if they said we could not!!:laugh:

Here is what I thought; I usually will order for the children while they are finding a table with another adult, so if I order 4 meals all the same how would they know what was for a child and what was not? We are on deluxe dining this time for the first time so I didn’t know if there would be a difference in the way the credits were separated since they can be used for both table and couter service. I have found some of the child choices to really limited at counter service restaurants.

Is it an absolute fact that all counter service meals are pooled together? My friend is going in less than 2 weeks & I never thought about this. She has opted to get the counter service meals only package. I am sure if I called WDW they would tell me that the kids must get kids meals. I really want to know if the kids are “not in view” of the cashier, can she order adult meals if needed. I am not saying she will try to take more than is entitled. Just want to know in case something is wanted that is not on the menu.
Just so people know, we always paid for adult plans even when my DS was only 7 because he does not like “kids food”.:smile:

Yes, the credits are pooled.

“Cosmic Ray’s in Epcot”?

I know that on receipts when on the dining plan all counter service credits were pooled. Does anyone know how they show up on the receipt when on the deluxe plan, since the credits can be used for counter service or table service?

On the deluxe plan it just says “coupons remaining”.

So, no separation between child and adult?

That’s what most people seem to say. I don’t know because I don’t have kids.

It could also depend on the CM too. When DD11 was still a “Disney Child” her card had child printed on it so if a CM saw that and wanted to be a stickler about it then I guess they could stop you from ordering them an adult meal.
Wait, was that the original question:blush:

we would always have 1 person and Dd7 finding a table & 1 person ordering & get her an ‘adult’ meal. even kids can only eat so many ‘kids’ disney meals!!

Sorry, I meant the Electric Umbrella or whatever that place is called!!!

Yes, Electric Umbrella.
It could have gone either way though. You could have meant Cosmic Ray’s in MK too.

We just got back and my son was able to order Adult Meals at the Counter Service locations. He doesn’t like eating Chicken Nuggest and Hamburgers at every meal.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1048708]It could also depend on the CM too. When DD11 was still a “Disney Child” her card had child printed on it so if a CM saw that and wanted to be a stickler about it then I guess they could stop you from ordering them an adult meal.
Wait, was that the original question:blush:[/QUOTE]

I am sorry but now I am confused:wacko: When we go next year my son will be 11 also and I thought that he is allowed to order off ALL the adult menus(counter service and sit down) since that is what we will be paying for???:confused:

So how could a CM be a stickler about it if we paid for adult … 9 and under children are charged as a child over that they are charged as an adult for dinning…and if I remember right don’t you only need one card to pay for all the meals.

He is sooo excited to be able to eat from the adult menu on our next trip:mickey: And my DD who will be 9 is still ectited to eat off the kids menu, lets hope it stays that way until we go lol!

No confusion. The cut off age for child is 10. Your 11 year old will be charged as an adult without exception. That is, your child is not a child when it comes to ordering or how much your child’s park tickets cost.
I think however, that some parents fudge their kids’ ages so they can get in under the wire.

[QUOTE=Maria;1049143]I am sorry but now I am confused:wacko: When we go next year my son will be 11 also and I thought that he is allowed to order off ALL the adult menus(counter service and sit down) since that is what we will be paying for???:confused:

So how could a CM be a stickler about it if we paid for adult … 9 and under children are charged as a child over that they are charged as an adult for dinning…and if I remember right don’t you only need one card to pay for all the meals.

He is sooo excited to be able to eat from the adult menu on our next trip:mickey: And my DD who will be 9 is still ectited to eat off the kids menu, lets hope it stays that way until we go lol![/QUOTE]

If your son is 11 then he will be a “Disney Adult” and will be charged the adult rate. I’m talking about when my daughter was under 10 and still a “Disney Child” she was listed as a child, therefore she ordered off the kids menu. Her card had “child” printed on it whereas the rest of us had “adult” on ours.

Thank you so much I miss read your first post…sorry I read that your “DD11” was 11 at the time…and I was confused lol thank you for explaining:flowers:

hahahaha that was funny. i’m telling you, last time i did the meal plan i had sooo many left over credits it was sort of embarrassing trying to blow them at the very end of things like bottled water. i was with my ex at the time and we ended up never using a ton of them cause she didn’t want to look “cheap” and felt funny using them… ugh