Dining Plan FAQ

Who can book the dining plan?
Disney resort guests who purchase a Magic Your Way package (including resort stay and park admission) have the option of purchasing the Magic Your Way dining plan.

Can DVC guests purchase the dining plan?
As of April 2006 DVC guests, including those who rent points, are eligible to purchase the dining plan.

How much does the plan cost?

This is the cost per night of stay and is required for each night of your stay. The price of the plan includes tax but as of 2008 the tip is not longer included.

2013 dates and prices:

Peak Season Dates:
February 14 – 23, 2013
March 8 – April 6, 2013
May 31 – August 3, 2013
December 13 – 31, 2013

Quick-Service Dining Plan
Includes two quick service meals and one snack per night
$37.58 per night ages 10 and up
$14.32 per night ages 3 to 9

Regular Dining Plan–Non Peak
Includes one quick service, one table service, and one snack per night
$55.59 per night ages 10 and up
$17.16 per night ages 3 to 9

Regular Dining Plan–Peak Season
$56.94 per night ages 10 and up
$18.16 per night ages 3 to 9

Deluxe Dining Plan–Non Peak
Includes three meals (either quick service or table service) and two snacks per night of stay
$99.97 per night ages 10 and up
$26.84 per night ages 3 to 9

Deluxe Dining Plan–Peak Season
$102.27 per night ages 10 and up
$28.91 per night ages 3 to 9

Do I have to purchase the dining plan for the entire length of my stay?
Yes, everyone in your room must purchase the dining plan for the length of your stay.

What is the latest I can add the dining plan to my reservation?
The dining plan can be added up to 5 days before your arrival.

I already have my tickets but I have decided I want to add the dining plan to my reservation–what can I do?
You only need to purchase a one day MYW ticket to add the dining plan. You can add a one day MYW ticket for each member of your group to make your reservation a package, then you can add the dining plan for the length of your stay.

What does the dining plan include?
The dining plan includes one quick service meal, one table service meal, and one snack per night of stay.

Table service meals include entree, dessert, or buffet, non-alcoholic beverage, and tax.

Quick service meals include entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage. You do not get a dessert with breakfast.

One refillable mug per person.

Look for the Disney Dining Plan logo on the menu to determine which items are included as snacks.

Is the tip included?
No, as of 2008 the tip is no longer included.

What about tax?
Tax is included in the purchase of the dining plan.

Does my 9 year old have to order off the child’s menu?
Yes, children 9 and under must order off the child’s menu. Children under 3 cannot use the dining plan, however, they eat free at family style meals and buffets. Like adults, children will get an entree and dessert with each full service meal.

Can I use 2 full service meals in one day?
Yes, you can use your credits in any way you choose. You can use as many of each credit as you want in a day.

When do my credits expire?
Credits expire at midnight on the day you check out.

How do I keep track of my credits?
Your remaining credits will be listed on each receipt you get.

Are character meals included?
Yes, character meals are included in the dining plan.

Which restaurants require two table service credits?
Artist Point
California Grill
Cinderella’s Royal Table character breakfast and lunch (includes photo package)
Citricos
Flying Fish Café
Hollywood Brown Derby
Jiko
Narcoossee’s
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Le Cellier
Hoop-Dee Doo Musical Revue
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau
Mickey’s Backyard BBQ

Are there any other dining plan options?
Yes, there are several different dining plans available.

Deluxe Disney Dining Plan

Three meals, for each night of your stay–either table service or counter service.

Adult table service includes appetizer, entree and dessert. Breakfast includes juice and one other beverage, entree or buffet.

For child table service also includes appetizer, entree, and dessert. Breakfast includes beverage and entree or buffet.

Counter service

This plan includes entree or combo meal, dessert and beverage. Breakfast includes juice, beverage and entree

Two snacks person for each night of your stay.

1 Resort-refillable mug per person

Disney Wine and Dine Plan
The cost is $39.99 per night per room. With this add on you will receive one bottle of wine per room for each night of your stay.

Where can I get list of all the restaurants included on the dining plan?
Here is a link to official brochure from Disney. It includes restaurants that require 2 table service credits.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2013Dining.pdf

Oh DisneyTeacher, this was such a good idea! So many of us have questions about this. Thanks!

Thanks for the info and link!

Great idea DT!
Is this going to be stuck at the top of the resturant forum?

Great sticky,but in the thread I started I listed the restaurants requiring 2 table service credits. Maybe that can be added here also.

Sorry, I thought the link listing them would cover that. I’ll add to it tomorrow.

I’m sure the tipping is 18% within WDW, but it varies at DTD at non Disney owned.
We ate at Puck’s Cafe and the waitress said she got a flat $5, but at Boardwalk at the ESPN cafe the waitress said she got 18%. Best policy is ask the waitress when outside one of the theme parks.

GREAT info, DT!!! LOVE IT!

Thanks,DT!!! :wink: :wink:

Great idea DT!

Thanks, if there is anything else I need to add or correct let me know.

Does anyone know about how accurate that brochure is? Like how recent it was published?

I’m looking at the brochure right now and there is no date on it(at least as far as I can see).

I didn’t see a date either. I hope since it’s put out by Disney that it’s very up to date.

I have a question – can you combine two counter service to get one table service meal?

I’m pretty sure you can’t do that but it’s a good idea.

I think you were lied to a Puck’s. We’ve eaten at Fulton’s and Portobello, both managed by Levy, and they get 18% same as the resorts and parks. When we ate at Wolfgang Puck’s in 2001 it was 18%, and now that they are also being run by Levy, I can’t imagine them stiffing their waiters. So, my guess is, your waiter lied to you, hoping to increase the tip. Oh yeah, HOB does 18% as well. I’m pretty sure, it’s standard through Disney Travel Company, who you actually buy the plan from.

Thanks! You answered my question that I was about to post!

Please forgive me if this has been addressed already (I couldn’t seem to find it): Are Fulton’s Crab house and Portobello Yacht Club included in the dining plan? Also, any word on if you can use snack credits during Food and Wine this year? I know that last year you could, but it was the first year of the dining plan, maybe they changed? Thanks!! :heart:

Sorry, I didn’t see this until today. I would have thought both of those restaurants were included on the dining plan but I don’t see them listed on the official brochure. I guess that means that you can’t use the dining plan at either place. Maybe someone who has used the plan recently can better answer this question.