Dining Plan & Out of Pocket Expense

We are going back and forth as to whether we should purchase the DDP or just pay out of pocket as we do every year.

We were looking at the plan with 1 table, 1 counter service and 1 snack for family of 4 adults (kids are 17 and 13).

Here are my ADR’s

Arrive 5/7 - eat at BW or DTD
5/8 - Chef Mickey’s - Dinner
5/9 - Donald’s Safari - Breakfast
5/10 - 1900 Park Fare- Dinner
5/11 - Ohana’s - Dinner
5/12 - Chef Mickey’s - Breakfast
5/13 - Cape May Cafe - Dinner
5/14 - Mama Melrose - Dinner
5/15 - Rainforest Cafe - Dinner
5/16 - Maya Grill - Breakfast (departure day-driving)

Ok that is our 1 table service per day. We could use counter service for dinner on the days we do not have an ADR for dinner which is 3. That leaves 6 counter service credits and 9 snacks remaining.

Would we be able to pull off the remaining meals without out of pocket expenses???

Thank you.

Other questions, sorry forgot to add it to original post…

I’ve already made my ADR’s with WDW and have reservation #'s. Do I have to notify them if we go with the DDP?

[QUOTE=hiner;932863]Other questions, sorry forgot to add it to original post…

I’ve already made my ADR’s with WDW and have reservation #'s. Do I have to notify them if we go with the DDP?[/QUOTE]

Nope you don’t. Just make sure you tell your server. I’ve also told the hostess when I check in. But you don’t have to call the reservation line and change them.

[QUOTE=hiner;932861]We are going back and forth as to whether we should purchase the DDP or just pay out of pocket as we do every year.

We were looking at the plan with 1 table, 1 counter service and 1 snack for family of 4 adults (kids are 17 and 13).

Here are my ADR’s

5/11 - Ohana’s - Dinner

Ok that is our 1 table service per day. We could use counter service for dinner on the days we do not have an ADR for dinner which is 3. That leaves 6 counter service credits and 9 snacks remaining.

Would we be able to pull off the remaining meals without out of pocket expenses???

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Are you asking if you’ll have enough food with the snacks and CS credits? Yup you will. The only thing is if you’re going in the middle of the summer when it’s hot and humid. We ended up purchasing water ($2 per bottle) instead of using the credits. Otherwise we’ve always have come home with left over credits.

Is Rainforest Cafe on the DDP now? It wasn’t this past Dec when we went. We used the DDP this past Dec and it would of been totally worth it if my husband hadn’t caught the flu and had been in bed for three days. Because of this, DD and I have many big meals trying to use up all of his CS’s and table services that we wouldn’t have normally had and it was a bit much.:blow:

It does not appear that Rainforest Cafe outside of AK is on the plan, darnit!!! I thought we checked that one out. Ok then that will give us another sit down that we could use the night we check in. So that will be out of pocket then.

I keep my fingers crossed every time we go that no one gets sick. Last year on vacation (not WDW) I woke up sick the day we were leaving. I wound up taking DH’s amox for his dental appts. to try to get better. Finally felt a bit better on the 2nd day.

[QUOTE=hiner;932861]We are going back and forth as to whether we should purchase the DDP or just pay out of pocket as we do every year.

Here are my ADR’s

5/11 - Ohana’s - Dinner

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Based on your selections, you will approximately break even on the DDP as opposed to just paying out of pocket, but even so using the DDP will be a convenience (everything but the tip is prepaid). This assumes a typical snack is $2-3 and a typical CS is $10-11, which means the DDP would cost about $27 per TS.

You won’t need extra food generally. Most of us have found eating on the DDP is plenty of food!