Dining Plan Quesiton

As I have read from another post, I also received the free dining plan pin, my question is that if we want to stay at a moderate resort, and get the quick service plan for free, can we upgrade to a different dining plan and pay the difference?

thanks so much

value is the Counter Service Plan…moderate and deluxe is the regular DDP. You can ALWAYS upgrade to a better dining plan…goodluck and have fun!

Actually, if her PIN is the same one we received, this time the Counter Service DDP is what is being offered at both Values and Moderates. I know last year we got the regular plan for free at a moderate, but they changed it up with this particular PIN. :happy:

[QUOTE=jensimonoff;1069354]As I have read from another post, I also received the free dining plan pin, my question is that if we want to stay at a moderate resort, and get the quick service plan for free, can we upgrade to a different dining plan and pay the difference?

thanks so much[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can upgrade to the regular and pay the difference. It’s not much–I think about $10 per day per adult.

ewww…stinky but hey it is only a bit more to upgrade and totally worth it! Altho…this year we are going to try the Counter Service DP! I don’t know what I am going to do NOT booking meals and just being will-nilly about the whole trip! :slight_smile:

pinocchio’s pal - we are trying trying to not do and TS this trip to cut costs - feels weird to not plan ADR’s! I may be even crazier and not even plan park days - just go with the feeling each day. or not. i am an OCD planner, so we’ll see…

We are going in May staying at a Moderate, and just recieved the Pin. We originally booked with the kids stay and play free offer. The cost to upgrade to the regular dining from CS was an addition 200 or so dollars.

We have done both the regular DDP and the quick service DDP several times each. I honestly like the relaxed feeling of the QSDDP better than worrying about ADRs. I hope it turns out to be better for your families too! :happy: Let us all know how it works out after your trips!

We used our pin for a moderate and this came as Quick Service this time. THey offered to upgrade, but my family really likes the QS. We don’t want to burn up alot of time sitting at Table Service restaurants and scheduling around reservations. If we really want a Table service, (I MUST eat at least once at Biergarten each trip), we go at lunch and pay cash for that.

Yep. I got the same pin and when I called to make reservations the CM told me that we could stay at a moderate and upgrade to a reg dinning plan but would have to pay the difference.