Dining plan question

When purchasing a package including dining, do you get dining for the number of nights you are staying or for the number of days of your park ticket? We are staying five nights and have a six day park ticket. Thanks!

Number of nights.

You are correct! The dining plan is based on the number of nights you are staying, and has nothing to do with the park passes. Please be aware that your dining plan expires midnight the day you check out.

So, I thought if you had annual passes you couldn’t get the dining plan. Why not if the plan is not linked to your passes. I get more confused by the minute about this!!

OK, in order to get the dining plan, you have to have a package reservation that includes both park passes and your resort room. Your park passes can be of any length, from 1 to 10 days. The dining plan is based on the number of nights in the package, and not the length of your park pass.

If you have an AP, you can get the dining plan, you just make a package reservation for the number of nights you want to stay, and purchase a one day park pass in the package. It doesn’t make much sense to do it that way, but you can do it.

Thank you Mickey!! I just start to think I get the hang of the rules about the dining plan and somehting else comes along. I think I have it now…for today that is!!

Thank you Mickey!! I just start to think I get the hang of the rules about the dining plan and somehting else comes along. I think I have it now…for today that is!!

Hey even with the number of nights you’ll have trouble (and fun) eating all the food…take it from me.

By the way the best bargain on the meal plan (most expensive meal for one coupon) is Le Cellier!

Woo Hoo. We are going to Le Cellier. I am so excited about the dining plan because I love food. And good food is even better.

So if I’m checking out Tuesday morning- the meal plan expires on Monday night at 12:00 midnight or Tuesday at 12:00???

It is good until midnight the day you check out, so if you check out Tuesday morning, you would still be able to use it all day Tuesday.

Can anybody clarify something ? Can I get the dining plan for a stay that is 13 days long even though my MYW plan can only be for 10 nights? WE originally booked for 10 nights/ 11 days, but due to flights cancellations (TWICE!) we have been forced to move our stay back one day already & possibly now by 2 more days. This means we would be @ WDWE from Jan 28/06 till Feb 10/06. Just wanted to know what is our best option for saving money. Thanks in advance for the help.

I think you should be able to extend your dining plan as well since it is tied to your hotel nights. Our trip was only 7 nights, though, so it wasn’t an issue for us. Did you book directly w/ WDW or through an agent? Anyone else experience this situation?
Prezcatz Paul

I guess I can see how for most families it would not make sense, but unless there is something I haven’t considered it makes good sense for us. We LOVE to eat at Disney – it’s a highlight of our trip. We also know we’ll be going back MANY times in the future with people who don’t have annual passes so the 1 day tickets we’ll be buying will eventually get used.

I studied the menus, crunched the numbers (even deducting the 20% off we get with DDE) and determined that the dining plan will cost us only about $60 more than paying for our food outright (I excluded the price of the one day passes from my calculation since I feel like I’ll get my monies worth out of those one day soon - and I assumed conservative AP discounts for the non-package option)…AND the meal plan would include much more food than what we’d buy if we were paying ourselves for each meal (and it’s all paid in advance).

We used the “free dining plan” twice during its promotion and LOVED it. We’ve decided (based on my figuring) to purchase the meal plan for our April trip. Is there something I’m not considering that would possibly change my mind on the “deal” I’m getting??

The dining plan has always worked well for us–we save money that can be used for more important things like more pins! LOL!

Has the dining plan been extended to DVC members?

Here is an email I received from DVC:

We are pleased to advise that we have worked with our Information Technology partners to change the
way Disney Dining Plan is sold in the system to enable Members to book this option. Disney Vacation
Club Members may contact Member Services beginning Tuesday, January 3, 2006 to add this package to
their Disney Vacation Club reservations, (the plan cannot be added to a Disney Collection
reservation) for arrivals on or after April 1, 2006.
Please keep in mind this plan must be booked prior to your arrival. Payment will be taken at
check-in but the Front Desk cannot add the plan to an existing reservation.

Is there any time limit on using the one-day passes? I don’t think so, but it’s worth asking.