Dining plan question

What are the details with getting the DDP with an AP? We are staying one night at POP and thought we could get the QSDP. We figured it’s worth since the drink mug cost about 14 dollars alone.

Don’t you just add it on when you make your reservation?

We don’t have an AP at the moment, does it make a difference? Plus the reason we are going one day early is, at the moment, Saturday evening flights are cheaper than Sunday morning flights. The difference is enough to pay for a room at a value. But we don’t know if this will hold true in the future. SW doesn’t have flights for Dec up yet.

If you have an AP, you can book any dining plan for a stay as short as one day, not the three day minimum. Also, with an AP, you can book your room with AP discount and still add the dining plan. You also don’t have to buy the one day minimum ticket.
What I usually do is book the room and then once AP rates come out (or if they are already out) I add the dining plan on much closer to our actual arrival. This way, we’re not paying the full balance 45 days out.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;964254]If you have an AP, you can book any dining plan for a stay as short as one day, not the three day minimum. Also, with an AP, you can book your room with AP discount and still add the dining plan. You also don’t have to buy the one day minimum ticket.
What I usually do is book the room and then once AP rates come out (or if they are already out) I add the dining plan on much closer to our actual arrival. This way, we’re not paying the full balance 45 days out.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I didn’t know if we had to book so many days out. That’s the answer I was hoping for. So we could book the dining plan just a few days out??
We already have the one night book with a AAA discount, but who knows, maybe a better AP discount will come along.

Thats odd because last year we had to buy the MYW one day ticket (3) even though we had current AP’s. Maybe thats new for this year but thats what we did last August.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;964254]If you have an AP, you can book any dining plan for a stay as short as one day, not the three day minimum. Also, with an AP, you can book your room with AP discount and still add the dining plan. You also don’t have to buy the one day minimum ticket.
What I usually do is book the room and then once AP rates come out (or if they are already out) I add the dining plan on much closer to our actual arrival. This way, we’re not paying the full balance 45 days out.[/QUOTE]

I do the same . . . and the last CM told me you can now do it in as little as 3 days before your trip NOT 10! BUT, I’m still calling at 10 and I’ll ask about the 3 days again then, don’t want to miss that window in case the CM was wrong.

You did? That is so odd . . . I know the DDP for passholders is over a year old. Wish I could remember exactly when it started. It’s a GREAT new feature! Room/Food paid for . . . all you have to do is add the fun!! :happy:

PS: I found the email it was MARCH 2008 here is the link: http://vacation.disneyworld.com/PS!h0LIta5bankFBgIAAAAGCgFICggzOTg4ODQ2MwoKMjc5Nzk0MTY5NQkAFGOgCgkyNjE5ODg1NjgKA3NsMQ==?CAMP_CODE=CM0000003305&HOUSEHOLD_ID=418707443&email_addr=jennewt%40comcast.net

Dixie, maybe because you did free dining?

Jo-Jo, one thing you do need to keep in mind is that you won’t be able to add the dining plan on once you’re three days (or 72 hours) from check in.
They are strict about that.

No, for sure it’s 3 days out although I was able to get a supervisor to add the plan “just this once” the day before. But I wouldn’t recommend trying that again.

You had free dining. I’d be willing to bet you didn’t have an AP rate for your room and you paid rack rate instead.

January 1, 2008.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;964280]You had free dining. I’d be willing to bet you didn’t have an AP rate for your room and you paid rack rate instead.

January 1, 2008.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes! we split our trip as it was a 27 day trip last year so we had 14 days free dining and 13 days with AP room discount- best of both worlds I guess:laugh: