Dining Plan Question

Okay, I SHOULD know this, but I don’t for some reason this morning.

We are going down for 10 days, but my Mother is going to come down for 3 days in the middle of our trip. We already confirmed she can stay in our room, no worries. However, while she is there, she is going to buy her passes for 3 days, can she add dining to those passes since she is in our room? Just for those 3 days?

Thanks!

Nope. Everyone on the reservation must be on the same ticket pkg. in order to buy the plan and you have to buy it for all the nts. of your stay.

BUmmer, okay, thanks.

The only way you could add her is to actually set up three different reservations covering the three segments of your vacation, that is, the first days you’re there, the days your mom is with you, and finally, the last days when your mom has left.

The breakout would be something like:
June 1-4 (4 guests)
June 4-7 (5 guests)
June 7-10 (4 guests)

Hey Soundgod, you helped me out last year and I appreciate it! I have told her to just pay for her food and she was cool with that. Thanks. You guys were there the same week we were last year, you going in June again this year?

No problem CJ.

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1016571]Okay, I SHOULD know this, but I don’t for some reason this morning.

We are going down for 10 days, but my Mother is going to come down for 3 days in the middle of our trip. We already confirmed she can stay in our room, no worries. However, while she is there, she is going to buy her passes for 3 days, can she add dining to those passes since she is in our room? Just for those 3 days?

Thanks![/QUOTE]I can help you.

But first of all, you can’t add dining to theme park tickets. The Disney Dining Plan and theme park tickets are two totally different things. One has nothing to do with the other.

The good news is that NOT everyone staying in your room has to be on the same package. Yes, true, it must be BOOKED AND RESERVED that way. Simply leave your mother totally off of the reservation.

While you are there, on the day of her arrival, you can go with her to the front desk and add her to your room. You/she will have to pay the additional adult charge per night, but she will NOT be required to have the same theme park ticket as you have from your package and she will not be required to pay for the Disney Dining Plan for the length of your stay.

The only thing to keep in mind here is that she will not be able to be on the Disney Dining Plan. No worries there. You all can still eat together; when you’re at table-service restaurants, immediately inform your food service that your Mom should be on a separate check because she’ll be paying out-of-pocket.

So there’s your answer. She doesn’t need to be on your package. Simply check her into your room when she arrives. She can’t buy the Disney Dining Plan, but you can still eat ALL of your meals together while she is there.

She can buy her 3-day theme park ticket at your resort’s Lobby Concierge desk (NOT the front desk) or at a park ticket window.