Dining plan question

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a sit down credit as a quick service credit, and if you can, does it convert to 2 quick service meals? I thought someone told me several years ago that you can do that, but I’ve never tried it and I’m curious.:confused:

A few years ago, because the system was overwhelmed with guests during September free dining that they authorized and encouraged guests to trade out their TS in exchange for 2 QS. I don’t know if that provision is still in place, but you can always downgrade a TS credit to a QS credit, but why would you want to? Not when you’re paying about $45 a day for it and the QS.
That’s my feeling on the subject. Then again, I try to get maximum value out of the dining plan.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1031622]A few years ago, because the system was overwhelmed with guests during September free dining that they authorized and encouraged guests to trade out their TS in exchange for 2 QS. I don’t know if that provision is still in place, but you can always downgrade a TS credit to a QS credit, but why would you want to? Not when you’re paying about $45 a day for it and the QS.
That’s my feeling on the subject. Then again, I try to get maximum value out of the dining plan.[/QUOTE]Interesting. I’d love to know if this is still possible. I’d be interested in doing this because we are considering booking a trip during free dining, and with 3 children who are all picky eaters with small appetites we prefer the QS plan, but most likely we will stay at POR and get the regular plan. Other reasons for my wanting to use TS for QS is, first of all, I hate living my trip around ADRs and, secondly, the one place that my kids love to eat best is Wolfgang Puck Express on the Marketplace side of DTD.:happy:

Well, your worst case scenario is you get the free dining and even though it’s the regular plan, you can still downgrade a TS to a QS and you’ll still have two meals a day that are paid for, plus you won’t be on the hook for a tip. In the case of the kids, I think two QS kids meals would still come out to about $10 plus the $2 snack which is about what one child day on the dining plan costs anyway.
It would be nice if you can convert 1 for 2, but I just don’t have that info.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1031656]Well, your worst case scenario is you get the free dining and even though it’s the regular plan, you can still downgrade a TS to a QS and you’ll still have two meals a day that are paid for, plus you won’t be on the hook for a tip. In the case of the kids, I think two QS kids meals would still come out to about $10 plus the $2 snack which is about what one child day on the dining plan costs anyway.
It would be nice if you can convert 1 for 2, but I just don’t have that info.[/QUOTE]It would be nice to get a 2 for 1 deal-we’d get a lot of food that way!:laugh: thanks for your help.:happy:

I’m strange. I actually enjoy giving tips on the dining plans.

If you aren’t utilizing the free dining to its fullest it may be cheaper to book a different discount, like a room only, and pay out of pocket for your food. Make sure you look at all the options before you select the free food.

We would definitely utilize it well as we have done free dining several times in the past and always saved lots of money! We’re just curious how much flexibility we have. :happy:

Yes, it’s definately possible. I did it one august while there on the free DDP and asked the agent on the phone the other day when I scored free DDP for my GF who is traveling with me and my DD this august.

Oh, yay! Thanks so much, Dana! This is great to know!

What do you do? Just tell the person at the QS counter that you want to use one TS as 2 QS?

We used our last sit down at the Pepper Market on our last day of vacation and had no problem. The Pepper Market is a Quick Service.

We did this some last year~ especially if we were too pooped to do our sit-down dinner or couldn’t tear ourselves away from the fun!

Good to know–thank you!:happy:

Did y’all use your TS as 2 QS or just cash the TS in for 1 QS?

I used a TS for a QS service at Wolfgang Puck on our last day but they would only swap one for one…not one TS for 2 QS.