Dining plan?

I’ve never used them. I usually do day trips. Started to think… reading all the posts here on how everyone seems to like them and how everyone also hates to pay full price on meals.

Does Disney offer Food Plans on an ala carte, buy a “card” of them and use them much like one would use an non expiring 10 day pass… Humm… not sure if that explains it, but what I mean is do they sell… say a “debit” card style Food Plan where I could have the card and use it now and then over 6 to 12 months on the days I’m there??/ I’m talking JUST the dining plan since we often do just day trips.
I do have the TIW card which really comes in handy.

Hope that explains my question!!

Thanks.

Frank

The dining plans that Disney offers expire midnight of the day you check out. So, if you did the deluxe dining plan you get 3 meal points and 2 snack points for each person per night. They don’t care how you use them while you are there, 2 meals one day, and 4 the next, etc. But, they do expire on midnight of your last day there.
So, as far as I know, unless something has changed, they do not have one that you can buy points, and then use them for all different trips.
I hope I explained that clearly. :wacko:

>> expire midnight of the day you check out. <<
Ahhh… got it. I didn’t think they had anything like I was looking for but wasn’t sure

Thanks.
Frank

Unless you have a room, you can’t add a dining plan.
Stick with TIW for day trips.

get that discount thingy… Tables in Wonderland, 20% off in any of their restaurants, unlike the dining plan, not every restaurant is on the plan :wink:

Right soundgod?

>>get that discount thingy… Tables in Wonderland, 20% off in any of their restaurants, unlike the dining plan, not every restaurant is on the plan <,

I have it. Really comes in handy.

Frank

[QUOTE=Dopey;1056942]get that discount thingy… Tables in Wonderland, 20% off in any of their restaurants, unlike the dining plan, not every restaurant is on the plan :wink:

Right soundgod?[/QUOTE]

Actually, not every restaurant is on the normal dining plans either and TIW is accepted at the Swolphin restaurants now while the dining plan is confined to Disney properties and some selected non Disney venues. Some DTD places that aren’t on dining plans are TIW.
TIW is not accepted at any food court or quick serve, with the exception of resorts that lack a sit down restaurant.
But generally, right, Dopey.:wink:

And TIW is not accepted at the Kona Cafe Sushi Bar!!!
I had an issue about that this summer (2010)
Frank

Frank, I thought they straightened that out.
Or was that just a one time thing and the sushi bar is still in a gray area?
I guess they consider the sushi bar a “quick serve” location.
And how does that play with the dining plans? Hmmm.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1056950]Actually, not every restaurant is on the normal dining plans either and TIW is accepted at the Swolphin restaurants now while the dining plan is confined to Disney properties and some selected non Disney venues. Some DTD places that aren’t on dining plans are TIW.
[/QUOTE]

yes, that’s what I meant to say in my earlier post. I should read and make sure I get my stuff across the right way :redface:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1056965]Frank, I thought they straightened that out.
Or was that just a one time thing and the sushi bar is still in a gray area?
I guess they consider the sushi bar a “quick serve” location.
And how does that play with the dining plans? Hmmm.[/QUOTE]

Wow, quite a pricey “quick serve” location :noo:

>>Frank, I thought they straightened that out.<<

Basically, they told me they’d give me the discount because I crabbed about it, BUT that TECHNICALLY it isn’t a sit down… and that it definitely isn’t a sit down in the morning when it is a coffee shop, so to speak. Disney told me in so many words that they didn’t want the conflict of people to get the TIW discount in the evening but not in the morning…
That was in summer, so I don’t know where it stands now.
Frank