Dining reservations question

We’ve got friends who are going to WDW this spring, and staying off property. Since we always stay on property I’m not sure what the situation is of off property guests wanting dining reservations…when can they make them? Do they call WDW DINE just like on property guests? Any info welcomed! Thank-You

Everyone can make reservations at 180 days out either online or the dining number. On site guests can book up to 10 days at once, off site guests have to book a day at a time.

I can partially answer that question. Your friends can call or make reservations on line. However, I don’t know how far out they can do that. When I tried to make online reservations last week (180 days out), I had to supply my confirmation number for the trip in order to be allowed access this far in advance.

My gut tells me offsite folks can book 90 days in advanced, but that’s not an official answer.

Stephanie,
When I went to book earlier this week. The website told me my request date was too far in advance, UNLESS I had a WDW room reservation (I was booking a restaurant 179 days out.). The site asked me for my trip confirmation number and then proceeded to let me register.

~Jeffery

Off site or day trippers can make reservations 180 days out, but no more.
Disney resort guests can reserve 180 days out, but can then also reserve for the next 10 days, or 190 days out.
This means if you’re an official Disney guest, you can make all your reservations for a 10 day trip 180 days out. If you aren’t, then you’ll have to either wait until you’re 170 days out so you can reserve everything at once, or you’ll have to make your reservations on a day to day basis until your final day is 180 days away.

Thanks everyone!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1106020]Off site or day trippers can make reservations 180 days out, but no more.
Disney resort guests can reserve 180 days out, but can then also reserve for the next 10 days, or 190 days out.
This means if you’re an official Disney guest, you can make all your reservations for a 10 day trip 180 days out. If you aren’t, then you’ll have to either wait until you’re 170 days out so you can reserve everything at once, or you’ll have to make your reservations on a day to day basis until your final day is 180 days away.[/QUOTE]

Sigh! This is the second time this week I gave wrong information. I use to know all this stuff. Now, I’m just a WDW amateur. :pinch: