Dining with Toddlers

I am starting to piece together a plan for our last minute April trip. ( I like having a year to plan, so this seems last minute to me!) I am wanting some suggestions for restuarants good for 3 yr. olds. We will have Basic dp and do want to do some character meals, but NOT every single day. (Grandpa will go crazy :dry:) I have MANY favorite Disney restaurants, but I am not sure I want to do many of them with the little men!

I would start with their favorite characters… At least with a character meal, there is some entertainment for the little ones at all times…

We’ll have a few toddlers with us on our trip coming up, our nearly 3 year old and our friend’s 3 year old, as well as a 10 month old, 5 year old and 7 year old. We’re doing Chef Mickey’s and Akershus Princess breakfast(since the toddlers are girls). We’re also doing Liberty Tree Tavern and we’ve found their meals to be very kid friendly.

I think a meal would be great at the Crystal Palace.

Other than that, I am drawing a blank. I would think that the tiniest people in your group might benefit from eating at QS restaurants, it’s less structured there…

Mickey’s Backyard Bar-b-q. Nice month for open air dining, relaxed atmosphere for little ones and good comfort food.
Being boys i’d say Tusker House for breakfast or Garden Grill for dinner. Good food at both.

Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree at MK
Akershush and Garden Grill at EPCOT
Prime Time and Counter Service Pizza Planet at HS
Tusker House at AK

Most of these are buffets and there is a large selection to choose from…and at the same time involve characters

We have done Hollywood and Vine for breakfast with little ones. They have the Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and Special Agent Ozo. It might be a little loud for Adults, but the kids seem to love it. They get to dance and intersct with the characters. It is a lot of fun.

Do not pass up Prime Time at HS. The staff will keep the boys well entertained. And the menu is good old stick to your bones comfort food. The kids will find something to eat.

You might want to try Hoop Dee Doo Review.

Although mine are 51/2 and 7 now, I realized over our Thanksgiving trip that I HATE buffets. I hate the whole get up get your food, hurry up and sit down (in case a character might come by), try to eat, cut the kids food up, take someone to the bathroom. Once all is said and done, I have had 3 bites and everyone else is ready to go.

I know 3 is a tough age, especially with twins.

If I was to do a character meal (which I have banned from here on out), I would do O’hana breakfast because they bring the food to you.

Also, all the TS that are not a buffet, just seem more relaxing to me.

We had good luck with the kids, and nice meals, when they were younger at Narcoossee’s at the GF. The menu is great and the atmosphere is relaxed.

Another nice meal that has a really relaxed atmosphere is the Grand Floridian Cafe. The Cafe is great for lunch and dinner. I’ve found that going mid-afternoon to the GFC is a nice break on a hot day as it will give you and the boys a break from the rush. We would do breakfast in the unit or room, carry or buy a light mid morning snack, GFC, and then do a later CS meal somewhere in the park.

Totally depends on your kids and you know them best. We did alot of character meals (to avoid the lines in the parks) and places I knew were not too quite. DS is now 5 and is much better at meals. We Le Cellier with him in October and he did fabulous but before now I would have NEVER taken him in there. He hasn’t learned an appropriate inside voice yet so he can be rather loud. My kids have loved Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, Chef Mickey’s, Via Napoli (they love the pizza), Teppan Edo, and O’Hana (dinner).

My kids did best at the restaurants that offered some type of entertainment while we were there. Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge does some cute things for the kids including pony races around the dining room. O’Hana at the Polynesian offers hula dancing for the kids and the limbo during dinner service. These were and still remain some of my kids favorites.

Via Napoli was a hit with my family on our big trip in April. It was a boisterous place so we didn’t have to worry about the kids being a little noisy. We also really enjoy LIberty Tree Tavern for lunch and the Coral Reef is always great.

Last yr my DGD who was almost 2 at the time when to Boma and was so ummm lively :eek:, that the server told her parents “you know they have in room babysitters”. :pinch:

That would have ticked me off! It’s not like it was Jiko!

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1099678]Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree at MK
Akershush and Garden Grill at EPCOT
Prime Time and Counter Service Pizza Planet at HS
Tusker House at AK

Most of these are buffets and there is a large selection to choose from…and at the same time involve characters[/QUOTE]

I agree but I also think Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre in HS is also great for kids!

Have fun!

Lisa

Oh man. . . good thing this wasn’t my server. I waited tables in Disney for too long to take a comment like that. I would have been eating that meal for FREE!

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1099731]Although mine are 51/2 and 7 now, I realized over our Thanksgiving trip that I HATE buffets. I hate the whole get up get your food, hurry up and sit down (in case a character might come by), try to eat, cut the kids food up, take someone to the bathroom. Once all is said and done, I have had 3 bites and everyone else is ready to go.

I know 3 is a tough age, especially with twins.

If I was to do a character meal (which I have banned from here on out), I would do O’hana breakfast because they bring the food to you.

Also, all the TS that are not a buffet, just seem more relaxing to me.[/QUOTE]

I am with you on the buffet thing, althought, we will probably do some. It stresses me out to have to get up, get food for them, get up, get food for me. . . etc. etc. I feel like I don’t get to relax and eat!