Dinner after Cirque

We are going to the 6:00 show of Cirque du Soleil. Anyone have suggestions on where to eat after it? It will be Thanksgiving day so we’ll have eaten our “big meal” at 1:30. I figure by the time the Cirque show is over we’ll want a quick bite. My parents and 80 yr old aunt will be with us.

I was thinking Wolfgang Express or Earl.

Is there an Express in the Westside or only table service?

Also, how do you get from Cirque to the Marketplace? Do the boats take you end to end or do you have to walk?

And one more question :blush: is it a bad idea to try to grab a CS right after a Cirque show since everyone else may be trying to do the same and the lines will be super long?

Um, there’s only one Express and one EoS.
We always walk from one to the other. Have you thought about eating at House of Blues, right across from Cirque? They make a delicous Swamp Water :biggrin:

Wolf gang Puck get my vote. It is yummy and is right across the way from Cirque.

We ate at Earl before the 6:00 Cirque show on our last trip.

It was delicious!

Wolfgang Express or Earl of Sandwich both sounds sooo good! If you just want a quick bite them definately go for one of those. If you want TS then House of Blues is good - but it does get a bit loud - quite a bit loud.

ummmm, but the Swamp Water…

You walk!
I’ll echo HoB though they aren’t on the dining plan. I’m guessing you’re trying to use a CS credit for dinner instead of a table credit. Wolfgang Puck Cafe does have a take out section, but I’m not sure about where you’d be able to sit. Another option would be Fulton’s, but again, we’re talking sit down and not on the dining plan.

HoB isn’t that bad, unless the drunks have taken over (drunk people always talk louder) and the duo or small band is playing. The real loud part of HoB is the concert hall, which is not attached to the dining room/bar.

[QUOTE=Dopey;879143]Um, there’s only one Express and one EoS.
We always walk from one to the other. Have you thought about eating at House of Blues, right across from Cirque? They make a delicous Swamp Water :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

I know there is only 1 EoS, but I thought I read that there is an Express at both Westside and Marketplace.

If House of Blues is loud, it may be much for my 80 yr old aunt. If it was just DH, DD and I, I would definately try it! Swamp Water sounds interesting!

There are two Expresses, one on the Westside that is located with the Cafe and “Upstairs dining room” and at the Market place, kind of close to the Rainforest.

Oh good! I want to use CS credits - so that’s why I didn’t want to go to the Cafe. thanks!

The Express is to the left of the entrance to the Cafe/Dining Upstairs lobby. Glad to be of help.

You can take the boat from the Marketplace to the West Side or walk it. The boat ride is nice, especially if you are getting tired.

As for food, I might try something from Portabello’s or Raglan Road. I’m not sure how that will work out with the dining plan, but we ate at Portabello after the 6:00 La Nouba several weeks ago, and the food was pretty good.

[QUOTE=Prezcatz;880801]
As for food, I might try something from Portabello’s or Raglan Road. I’m not sure how that will work out with the dining plan, but we ate at Portabello after the 6:00 La Nouba several weeks ago, and the food was pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Portobello is not a dining plan participant, however they do give passholders a 10% discount at dinner and I believe 15% for DVC members. Raglan Road is on the dining plan, and is open later. I can’t say anything about their food, haven’t been there yet, but will next month. Lots of other posters here seem to like it though.

[QUOTE=ssn;879397]I know there is only 1 EoS, but I thought I read that there is an Express at both Westside and Marketplace.

[/QUOTE]

Here are some photos of the Westside location so you can see where it is located exactly:

This is our favorite CS in WDW.:wub: