Disnet Pet Resorts!

I don’t know if anyone posted this yet, but I saw it and it looks hilarious!

Luxury Pet Resort at Walt Disney World Now Accepting Reservations Disney Parks Blog

Sooo cute! I can’t even begin to imagine what the rates are.

Just looked it up, it’s actually not that bad. Who wouldn’t pay $4.00 for ice cream?

Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground - Florida

Hours:
Monday-Sunday: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 Noon
A daycare charge will be applied to stays for pets
boarding after the noon check-out time.

Boarding

* All boarding rates include two potty walks and up to two meals.
* There is a full day charge for day of check-in. 

Dogs
Overnight - Day Guest   	$23.00
Overnight - Resort Guest 	$21.00
Overnight - DVC Member 	$20.00
Daycare 	                        $18.00

Cats and Small Animals
Overnight - Day Guest    	$18.00
Overnight - Resort Guest 	$16.00
Daycare 	                        $13.00

Extra Special Services

Extra Walk 	 $5.00
 Cuddle Time 	 $5.00
 Ice Cream Break 	 $4.00

I saw this when I was there a couple weeks ago. It’s right across from POR and POFQ. I saw it and went "Oh lord, they’re going to have a pet resort too? Bet ya that’s going to cost an arm, leg, and a tail. "

If you want your dog to stay in your room, you’re going to have to stay at one of the Universal Loew’s hotels. The Loew’s chain is dog friendly.
Back in 2002, Disney was allowing guests to board their pets overnight in the Epcot kennel and you could even arrange through security to visit and walk your pet after park hours, but I’m not sure if that is still allowed and your pet might not be happy in one of the small enclosures inside. We always had to put Boris in one of the large runs outside, which of course, isn’t air conditioned, although some runs are close to A/C vents.

I saw this too - didn’t look anywhere NEAR done to me? That was only a few weeks ago too? Guess they been working their Disney magic??

I’m surprised at the price! That would be worth it to me for my dog and cat, if we couldn’t find someone here to take care of them.

I’m going to make a point here.
I feel that if you are going away from home for anything more than a couple days, dragging your dog (and probably your cat as well) on a long road trip and then separating your dog from you is going to be upsetting when you put him into that cage so far from home and then you walk away. If you do visit your dog several times each day, and how could you not after taking him all that way so he could be with you, you are really going to confuse and upset him even more. I think you’re better off either having a friend look in on your pet at home once or three times a day (cats don’t need the attention that dogs need) or putting your dog at your vet/kennel, especially if they are a 24 hour pet hospital so that there are people who care around him all the time.
I know that simply making the Disney resorts pet friendly or at least making one resort in each category pet friendly is something that Disney is not considering, but if your dog is that much of a family member that you need to bring him, that dog is also going to be very house broken and can stand being left in the room alone for a few hours without any harm. Why a few hours? Again, if your dog is that much of a family member, you aren’t going to want to leave him locked in that room all day without your going back to check on him and walk him and that room is going to be a lot more comfortable and inviting than a strange cage with a hard floor.

OK, clearly this isn’t a standard kennel, but your dog had better be well behaved and had better be a very social and friendly animal. It looks like it is more in line with doggie day care and doggie spas.
Again, cats are generally less of a problem and much more independent, so long as they’ve got a clean litter pan and some food and water.

Looks interesting! Thanks for posting

I know right?! It was just the foundation and some blocks when I last saw it. I guess when you’ve got money you can buy time too? lol:laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1038333]I’m going to make a point here.
I feel that if you are going away from home for anything more than a couple days, dragging your dog (and probably your cat as well) on a long road trip and then separating your dog from you is going to be upsetting when you put him into that cage so far from home and then you walk away. If you do visit your dog several times each day, and how could you not after taking him all that way so he could be with you, you are really going to confuse and upset him even more. I think you’re better off either having a friend look in on your pet at home once or three times a day (cats don’t need the attention that dogs need) or putting your dog at your vet/kennel, especially if they are a 24 hour pet hospital so that there are people who care around him all the time.
I know that simply making the Disney resorts pet friendly or at least making one resort in each category pet friendly is something that Disney is not considering, but if your dog is that much of a family member that you need to bring him, that dog is also going to be very house broken and can stand being left in the room alone for a few hours without any harm. Why a few hours? Again, if your dog is that much of a family member, you aren’t going to want to leave him locked in that room all day without your going back to check on him and walk him and that room is going to be a lot more comfortable and inviting than a strange cage with a hard floor.[/QUOTE]

As a former pet owner and current mom (my kids ARE my pets lol) I couldn’t do it. I’d be worried for the exact reasons you listed. It’s not fair to drag them in an airplane or car to some place new, then leave them there w/ a visit or 2 a day.But that’s just me.

Must be that pixie dust???

I wanna work there.

We drove by it a few weeks ago, the walls were up and it looked like a few months away from being done.

This is cute but my cat hates to travel even to my parents’ house when I go away. She lived in my parents’ place until I move out on my own so it’s not like she doesn’t recognize it she just really hates the trip. As much as I’d love to let her be pampered at a place like this, I wouldn’t want to torment her by taking her on such a long trip when I have people here to take care of her.

But for those that have pets that like to travel, it seems like a cute idea! :happy:

Haha that is too funny! And those rates aren’t bad at all. That’d be neat if we brought our pups with us!

By the way, all I ever had to say was “Boris, go for a ride?” and he’d be running for the door to get in the car. He didn’t care where, he just wanted to ride.
He even invited himself for a ride every time I unloaded groceries and then moved the car from in front of the condo to my parking space.
Every single time! And I let him.

From a Disney press release August 27 is the opening date.

I actually called the FW kennel last week to see about the doggie daycare option for our Christmas trip. This one kennel will take the place of all other kennels in WDW. The prices you were quoted were probably going rates. I was quoted $30 per day for day care and $36 for each overnight. (our dog is roughly 18lbs)

Unfortunately, we had to scrap our daycare plans and are making arrangements to leave our beloved Jester home with Oma and Opa. He is a rescue, was badly abused and is fear aggressive. (I burst out laughing when I saw the picture of the CM reading a story…not with our pooch!) We had planned on using the daycare right at FW and doing all the handling on our own. Now that the kennel is a distance away (and we like our EMH), it may be a bit much for everyone…including Jester.

Better to leave the bedtime stories with Oma and Opa…:sleeping:

Now, Oscar, our cat…he’d REALLY get into the fish tank viewing! :tongue: