Disney Announces ‘Heroes Work Here’

Did you hear? We’re looking for military heroes to join the team. Disney President and CEO Bob Iger just announced a new company-wide initiative to hire, train and support returning veterans called Heroes Work Here.

Disney looks to hire 1,000 veterans

I see lots of good coming out of this.

I congratulate Disney and want to thank them on behalf of all vets, old and new.

-H

Oh thank you so much. My husband is retiring in a few months and was wondering what he’d be doing in Life Part II. Matter of fact he’s at a local job fair this very minute. This is something worth checking into.

Well done Disney, a great concept, lets hope other mega corporations follow suit.

Way to go Disney!!

Brilliant way to set an example for other companys out there, lets hope they take notice and take this idea on board!

That is such awesome news! I love Disney for this very reason!

:heart::heart:LOVE IT!!!:heart: Doing the right thing, Disney style!!

That is wonderful! Mickybug, I hope you are soon enjoying Disney with a cast member discount!

I love this initiative and hope other companies follow suit. What a great idea!

lets hope others follow suit,not just for the military,but for all come on corporations hire all the heroes,the american public because without them there would be no heroes at all

I once watched a guess argue with a CM over smoking in the park and then throw the cigarette at the CM’s feet and storm off.

I’m envisioning that same scenerio with a 250lb ex-Marine. :laugh:

Good job, Disney!

[QUOTE=Cavey;1104538]I once watched a guess argue with a CM over smoking in the park and then throw the cigarette at the CM’s feet and storm off.

I’m envisioning that same scenerio with a 250lb ex-Marine. :laugh:

Good job, Disney![/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, Good one :laugh:

[QUOTE=Cavey;1104538]I’m envisioning that same scenerio with a 250lb ex-Marine. :laugh:
[/QUOTE]

As my dear old Dad was fond of saying, there are no Ex-Marines, only those that are active and those that are not. :pirate:

However, your point is well taken!

-H

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1104549]As my dear old Dad was fond of saying, there are no Ex-Marines, only those that are active and those that are not. :pirate:

However, your point is well taken!

-H[/QUOTE]

Oh Rah!

Now if they would be kind enough to announce a military ticket offer after 30 Sept 2012 Disney will have hit a homerun.

Very proud of Disney for doing this!