Disney baby name

Ive noticed the trend for very unusual baby names these days, such as Shy, Denim, Puppy, Bean, Stone and Zowie! Now to ME they are unusual I dont know about you guys! And Im the kind of person who would prefer to choose an uncommon name if I was to have a child but not exactly THAT unusual haha.
So, keeping along the lines of unusual names for children, I was just curious as to how many of you would choose a name for your baby named after a Disney character and why you chose that particular character? Or if you have even done this already?!
Even if you dont plan to do ever name your child after Disney, its just a bit of fun to see what you all would pick! :stuck_out_tongue: OR if you dont like the thought of trying to name a child, would you ever call a pet after a Disney character? (MUCH easier haha) :mickey:

Add October (my neice’s new son’s name) to the unusual list!

Naming depends on the personality but I LOVE Mushu or Figaro for a cat or dog!

I used Figaro for a fictional cat once…

I really dislike what I call “made up names”. A lot like the ones you listed. My philosophy for naming my kids was “different but not weird”… in other words, real names that you don’t hear all that often.

I’m sure I would consider a Disney name for a pet… considering that I’m working characters from Buffy and from Les Mis for my current collection of cats!.. if I ever have a dog I want to call it Jones… as in Indiana… does that count? :laugh:

We have 3 fish named Mickey:mickey:, Nemo:nemo: and Goofy:goofybounce:.

I am pretty boring with names - my son is Joe.:blush:

I’m a traditionalist - so I’m not a fan of wacky, made-up names…I even like real names for my pets - so I don’t think I’d ever have a Nemo or a Mushu. My daughter went to school with an Ariel.

We named our cat Simba but as far as naming my dk’s after Disney characaters we never did except a middle name for my oldest and her middle name is Marie. The 2 girl’s are named after ND vball players, oldest son after a ND football player and the youngest after my college basketball coaches son.

I agree with little used names for kids. I just can’t get used to October.
We had the Dukes of Hazzard theme going… thanks to DH… Cooter, Daisy Duke, Boss and Lulu for pets. I changed that theme after our dogs passed away!

I’ve known a few Ariels. A Belle (short for Isabelle). No Cinderellas, but an Ella. A Tiana. And plenty of Jasmines. :laugh: No Auroras or Snow Whites, though.

I love Disney, but I’m not exactly a fan of Disney names.

If I were to go with a Disney name, it would probably be Ella or Belle. For a boy, I’d consider making his middle name Walter or Elias.

That’s a long way away, though! :laugh:

My sister named her demoned dog Aurora, I think Maleficent would have been a much better fit. I work with a Tiana mind you she was Tiana before the princess.

I would name my imaginary daughter Medea from mythology, the best I could hope for in real life would be to use it as a middle name.

I do like bots names for girls though and we know quite a few of them including my step daughter who is Taylor!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1044254]

If I were to go with a Disney name, it would probably be Ella or Belle. For a boy, I’d consider making his middle name Walter or Elias.

That’s a long way away, though! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I think Elias is a great name!

And yes, there are a million little Jasmines running around!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1044254]I’ve known a few Ariels. A Belle (short for Isabelle). No Cinderellas, but an Ella. A Tiana. And plenty of Jasmines. :laugh: No Auroras or Snow Whites, though.

I love Disney, but I’m not exactly a fan of Disney names.

That’s a long way away, though! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I do like Elias…

[QUOTE=Andrea;1044278]I think Elias is a great name!

And yes, there are a million little Jasmines running around![/QUOTE]

My gosh Andrea - it’s getting freaky how we think alike! (and I was going to add the Jasmine part to my post too!:laugh:)

I always feel kinda bad for little girls who were clearly named after Disney princesses. Mainly Ariel and Jasmine.

Totally agree that Elias is a great name! I also like Oliver (Oliver & Company), Alice, and Daisy - but mainly 'cause they’re “real” names, not 'cause they’re Disney names.

My kids’ names are not names you hear every day, but they’re legit. I’m not a huge fan of trendy or made-up names/spellings.

Oh, and I forgot to mention - a coworker of DH has a daughter named Tiana, who was about 4 when “The Princess and the Frog” came out…so that was pretty exciting for her. I thought it was cool that it worked out that way, not the other way around (them naming her after the princess).

My girls have normal names but their nicknames are Bean and Bug. Just something we started calling them over the years. As far as naming my kids after Disney characters I would shy away from the “well know names” and stick with the “normal” ones.

I too like the name Elias.

The most unique name I have ever come across is L-ia pronounced Ladashia…with Mom’s quote “No, no, the dash isn’t silent”.

One of our friends daughters is named Jasmine Ariel…i understand if (psycho) mom liked disney princesses but i think this is a bit much!!

btw…she is in NO WAY a princess!!! she is more like a drizella or anastasia:whistling

We had a dog the kids named Abu, but that is about as Disney as I would ever get with names. Ariel was popular for quite a while after the Little Mermaid, but that’s the only one I can think of.

I get to hear all the baby names, being a labor and delivery nurse. I always feel bad when I hear parents choose bizarro names. It’s tough enough being a kid without having to put up with teasing about your name. It may be different in Hollywood where weirdo names are the norm for celeb babies, but not for average kids.

(I did name one of my kids Dane after the son in The Thornbirds though)

[QUOTE=ddoll;1044316]We had a dog the kids named Abu, but that is about as Disney as I would ever get with names. Ariel was popular for quite a while after the Little Mermaid, but that’s the only one I can think of.

I get to hear all the baby names, being a labor and delivery nurse. I always feel bad when I hear parents choose bizarro names. It’s tough enough being a kid without having to put up with teasing about your name. It may be different in Hollywood where weirdo names are the norm for celeb babies, but not for average kids.

(I did name one of my kids Dane after the son in The Thornbirds though)[/QUOTE]

And I think you should consider it your sacred duty to share the oddball ones with us when you hear them. :angel: :laugh:

But I do wonder: with such a diversity of names out there, are there any that the kids themselves consider bizarre? I think the teasing might come from things like unfortunate rhymes and things like that, rather than the names themselves. Or am I off base?

You are totally on base. When we were coming up with names for our kids, every time I would suggestion one, my dh would start the rhyming game to make sure it couldn’t be an easy one to be teased about.

Also, when processing aquatic center membership cards (I run a homeowners association at work) we had a family come in that I had to redo their cards, as I put the wrong names with the kids pictures. The boy had a girls name and the girl had the boys name, and silly me mixed them up!

hahaha i actually LOVE all these stories! Thanks for sharing them :smiley:

I totally agree with your statement about keeping names unusual but not to the point where theyre weird! I have an uncommon name (Justine) well at least from where im from…and i used to hate it all through school cause they teachers ended up saying JUSTIN from reading the register or kids used to tease saying JUST-IN-TIME (for classes) and other things, so i hated it, but now im older I love it cause Ive not met anyone else called Justine and no one else knows a Justine so I guess Im easily remembered with having an umcommon name!
Im not a fan of just making up a name for your child, but I do stick with the uncommon ones…I like Jovie, Kia and Tegan for girls, or Riley and Kale for boys.
I like the concept of having boys names for girls and vice versa, but as long as they can actually be passed off like Leigh/Lee or Tyler or Taylor etc :slight_smile:

Im not sure what name I would choose from Disney if I was to call my child after a character, Id probably not choose any of the Princesses though as they would be the most popular ones to pick.
I love Figaro for a cat! Or Dinah (from Alice in Wonderland) would be nice! Simba DEFINITELY for a boy cat :smiley:
When I got my dog I tried different names out on him like Zero or Scraps, the dogs out of Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride cause I also love Tim Burton films. Also Tramp and Oliver from Disney but non of them suited him (hes a king charles spaniel so is quite girly looking!) so we went for Charlie…the easiest choice for that kind of dog hahaha. I wish I stuck with Oliver now though and called him Ollie for short!