Disney Books

I know we all have a common interest here but we all have a reason to love what we love.

My favorite thing about disney is going to the parks and studying the buildings and the gardens etc. Another thing I love about disney is reading all the books I can about the subject.

So my post is dedicated about books. Do y’all love reading about disney? What are you favorite type of Disney Book? What would you like to see in a new disney book? Do you think there are too many Disney books out there to add a new one?

I know people like Kevin Yee write books about his experiences about working there but do y’all think people would read a book about people’s experiences about visiting disney?

[QUOTE=tiffanytaylor;1051458]I know we all have a common interest here but we all have a reason to love what we love.

My favorite thing about disney is going to the parks and studying the buildings and the gardens etc. Another thing I love about disney is reading all the books I can about the subject.

So my post is dedicated about books. Do y’all love reading about disney? What are you favorite type of Disney Book? What would you like to see in a new disney book? Do you think there are too many Disney books out there to add a new one?

I know people like Kevin Yee write books about his experiences about working there but do y’all think people would read a book about people’s experiences about visiting disney?[/QUOTE]

I think a book about Disney guest’s experiences could be fun- especially if it were a real honest book, not just the sugar sweet stuff but the real warts and all experiences.
I like to read the more unusual things about Disney,for example, the significance of the window etchings in Main Street,or alternatively, when rides have gone wrong, guests behaving badly etc- some of the not so pleasant stuff:ohmy:
Thats one of the things I love about MB, here we share our experiences within the Disney resort complex, good and bad- makes good reading!

I read anything and everything I can about Disney and I am reading the Imagineering Field Guides now. So many interesting facts, figures and tips in these and I recommend them to everyone and in fact I will have them packed for every trip I make from this point on.

Wow they sound very interesting and not something I have heard of- thanks for sharing.

Well for example i have the weirdest stories that happen to me and my family. For example my dad can fall asleep anywhere (check my photos on my profile) so one time at dinsey at CR he was sitting on a chair in the main frame and he fell asleep a group tourists came by and took his picture. That has happened many times. (longer story but came straight and too the point;-))

Oh my gosh, so your dad is in someone’s photo album somewhere-:laugh: such a great story!

Dixie, not just one there was a group about 8 or so. My dad falls asleep everywhere. So for father’s day what I ended up making a scrapbook of pictures of him sleeping all over (disney, Subway in NYC, Desert in Las Vegas). I actually made him lay on a bench near our hotel room at CS. It was funny!

Love to read. Love Disney. The best book I have ever read regarding Walt Disney World was a book titled “Since The World Began, Walt Disney World at 25” by Jeff Kurtii…would love to see an updated version soon!

My favorite book about Walt Disney was the biography by Neal Gabler.

Oh my, but I bet your dad loved the father’s day scrapbook-:laugh:

without a doubt and everyone who sees it loves it

I have read those as well. Love reading all that

If you’re looking for fiction, check out the Kingdom Keepers books. They were nice reads.

I am not looking for one. This is somewhat a research question for me.

I collect all the Disney cookbooks I can get! I love them, and though there are a lot of duplicate recipes, I still am addicted to them.

That’s awesome. Do you actually cook from them? what’s your favorite recipe?

Luckily one of my towns book stores was closing down and had a huge sale, there I bought Walt Disneys Biography…this wasnt too long ago so Im yet to read it but it has personal photos included too, il be sure to let you all know how it is! I also have Pixar Pedia book on all the pixar films (bar toy story 3) its amazing, even though im more of a Disney Classics lover it literally has EVERYTHING about all the movies…every single character from the main ones down to the odd window cleaner or passer byer, it has the meanings of things and secret messages and hidden mickeys, and big double spreads of each film its just so good! Im really interested in getting The Art Of The Disney Princess book and its basically a bunch of concept art from the Princess films, I also want The Archive Series- Walt Disney Animation Studio books. Theres 3 books to collect and its about the films with concept art etc.
Also…Two Guys Called Joe looks like a great book, its a biography of 2 amazing Disney animators and it includes their work.

Im more fascinated in the Art side of any Disney book…i love it when they have the original sketches and concept art etc! On the internet I like reading up about new oncoming films that are in the process of being made and when theyre released etc. I just love reading and i love Disney, so put the two together and i’ll be occupied for hours!

I would and DO read EVERYTHING about Disney! haha. And I, someday, would LOVE to write a book about disney! :happy:

lol that’s kind fo why i made this post. Im thinking about writting one myself.