Disney cancelling cruises?

DD16 is a Sophmore and graduating in 2 years and I wanted to take her on a 7 day Disney Cruise to Mexico for her Graduation. I told her she could bring 2 friends (at their expense) and I would chapperone. To do this everyone would have to start saving soon so we could book when they opened the window.

Now i’m reading Disney is cancelling all their cruises to the Mexican Rivera after Dec 2, 2012. No reason given why. Not sure when they’ll open back up and don’t want to a lot of planning into something that’s an iffy location for whatever reasons. Are there any other ports Disney cruises to other than the Carribean or Bahamas (been there) that anyone could recommend?

It may be that they just haven’t ironed details for the next contract yet. I’d just keep watching it.

Does it have to do with current events in Mexico? There could be safety reasons involved.

That was my 1st thought but they still have all scheduled until Dec 2, 2012. There were 4 more scheduled in Dec that were cancelled. They are offering up to $500 on-board credit on another date for those that had booked one of the four. That’s a really good deal for those that can reschedule.

December 2012 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruises Cancelled

We will be cruising in 2 years, just not sure where or on what. Mexico is our 1st choice. Any other suggestions?

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1097950]That was my 1st thought but they still have all scheduled until Dec 2, 2012. There were 4 more scheduled in Dec that were cancelled. They are offering up to $500 on-board credit on another date for those that had booked one of the four. That’s a really good deal for those that can reschedule.

December 2012 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruises Cancelled

We will be cruising in 2 years, just not sure where or on what. Mexico is our 1st choice. Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

$500 credit per person?? If it was me I would take it now and pick another location. Just make sure the credit is good for all food and drink options.

The kids won’t be using it at the bar (you hope) so it should go a long way for them with food and drinks at any time without the extra OOP cost. And just think how relaxing your trip would be not worrying about a bar bill while dealing with 3 crazy teenagers. :laugh:

And if the credit can be used in the shipboard stores…even better.

the Interest in the miexican cruises has waned for many resons,but first and foremost is the safety,and from what i am hearing it is not getting better,I spoke at length with a cruise exec a couple of years ago,and he said that they would see how it develops and make changes if necessary…also there are no mediterranian cruise for the next 2 summers i belive also…