Disney Cast Members are Special!

I rarely go to other Disney sites, but I did go exploring today and came across this trip report. It pulled at my heart strings:

Call Bell Services and Aaron comes to deliver them. Now Aaron is one of many CMs we see and greet in SSR. We have those we know as friends and those who just know us from our frequent visits. Aaron is one such fella. He was the one who delivered our bags to Paddocks last night and recognized the name. He expected us to be in Grandstand where we always were. So we got to talking and and learned a bit more about each other.

Seems Aaron is from Haiti and just spent the last week there organizing a Christmas celebration for the children in his family’s ministry. They held festivities for 2500 kids living in tents from the Port au Prince earthquakes last year, and they raised enough money to send 500 to school next year. These are the sorts of angels we have working for us spoiled guests. Next time you get all grumpy in Disney because your room is not ready at precisely 4pm, or your waiter is a little slow balancing 8 parties of guests, keep that in mind. Disney Cast Members are some of the best people on the planet and they do it for the love of the people (definitely not the money). A little patience, friendly manner and sense of humor go a long way to making this a magical place for everyone.

If you want to read up on Aaron’s ministry, they have a website here: Shepherd?s House Ministries

Thanks for posting. Love this! :heart:

Thanks for sharing that!

One of the best parts of working for the mouse is that I’m surrounded by some pretty darn amazing fellow cast members.

I’ve been reading that TR the last couple of days. I always follow her reports, I love seeing WDW through her eyes and Gramdpa Mohawk seems like a great guy.

[QUOTE=Jen;1060592]Thanks for sharing that!

One of the best parts of working for the mouse is that I’m surrounded by some pretty darn amazing fellow cast members.[/QUOTE]

I bet you do get to see some wonderful CMs in action. Do you always work in the same place or do you move around?

Right now my “home” is at Hollywood Studios. I do take voluntary shifts pretty regularly in all the parks and for the holiday season I had the pleasure of working with Santa at DTD. I’m also in the photographer pool for ESPN Wide World of Sports…so I get around :glare: Most days I have to double check to make sure I head to the right place!

That sounds like a lot of fun, I’m jealous.