Disney Channel

I know that there are A LOT of parents on this website who probably have kids that watch the Disney Channel. Believe me, I was addicted to this channel. I would always watch it in the morning before I went to school when I was little. But today, the channel doesn’t seem good anymore. To me, the programs stink! And this is coming from a 16 year old. For instance, Hannah Montana [I]was[/I] a really good concept for a t.v. show. But lately, Miley Cyrus dosen’t seem like a good role model for the 8,9, and 10 year olds who are watching it. At almost every concert, she wears these little, teeny tiny skirts. Even I get offended when I see her in those types of outfits. She needs to remember that she is working for Disney, not Hooters. I miss the old cartoons. Tell me what you think of the channel. Does it need new, better programming or is it fine the way it is? Any opinion is welcomed.

Well, my boys used to watch the Disney channel when they were little. I am not interested in the shows they put on now, I have never been able to sit through any one and I am a whole lot older than you are, so… I am sorry you’re disappointed.

Why not write to Disney, hey! the might just listen!

[QUOTE=Dopey;920258]Well, my boys used to watch the Disney channel when they were little. I am not interested in the shows they put on now, I have never been able to sit through any one and I am a whole lot older than you are, so… I am sorry you’re disappointed.

Why not write to Disney, hey! the might just listen![/QUOTE]

Maybe…

Well, I’ve watched the Disney Channel for all of my 17-year life (kay, playhouse Disney or whatever it was called back when I was a kiddo). :laugh:

Now, I’ll admit… I miss Even Stevens (best show ever!), Boy Meets World, The Babysitters Club, and that show with the girl and the boy who were neighbors and talked to eachother via can walkie-talkies.

However, Disney Channel is at an all-time high. I don’t think it’s ever gotten this much attention before. High School Musical and Hannah Montana have been break-through. I personally enjoy the Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I find Wizards of Waverly Place slightly annoying, but it’s a cute concept (though a total rip off of Harry Potter). I actually like Life With Derek (though it appears it’s not Disney-created… not sure).

Personally, I dislike cartoons. I found the Proud Family soooo annoying, and Kim Possible was difficult to watch. For me, the less cartoons the better (though I do enjoy House of Mouse on ToonDisney).

Now, Miley Cyrus is annoying me in some ways. She’s dressing like a hoochie and posing sexually with her father… I’ve also heard she’s trying to break off her contract with Disney. I’m sorry - Disney got her where she is today. She better stick to her contract.

But I think Disney Channel is becoming more successful… they’re producing great actors and actresses (errr… so far Shia Lebeouf, but potentially Zac Efron [already in Hairspray], Ashley Tisdale, and Corbin Bleu). I have high hopes for Disney Channel.

OK, I’ll bite.

I LURV Hannah Montana. :blush:

(and I’m one of those ultra-conservative Southern Baptist types, too!)

I just think she’s so cute and adorable and her hijinks are all in fun and she always comes to her senses… :wub:

I loved Suite Life and I am so glad they brought back Suite Life in the version of Suite Life On Deck.

OH, Oh! Do not even get me STARTED on Wizards Of Waverly Place!!! I adore that show!! SO CUTE!!!

I never thought I’d love a Wizard type show, especially after Raven (loved Raven!), but I LOVE WIZARDS!!! It’s a perfect preteen show (for a 12 year old girl - which is what I have!)

That’s my opinion.

(I also love those Jonas Brothers!!!)

Oh and the Playhouse Disney programming is SO cute and FAR exceeds Nick Jr’s programming. What the heck is Wow Wow Wubbzy anyway?! :huh:

Handy Manny is WAY less annoying than Dora (WAY LESS!), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is SO CUTE. I love Bear and and and Charlie and LOLA!?!? SO CUTE!

Phinneas and PHERB!?!?? CUTENESS! (I don’t think that is playhouse programming, though!)

Oh, the one Nick show I adore is iCarly! :wub:

Oh yeah, House of Mouse is One Hour of TV Bliss!

We’re more the Playhouse Disney set around here, as my two boys aren’t ready for the teen shows. I have to admit to watching Hannah Montana during the first season, but haven’t watched it lately, so I’m not sure how it’s changed.
One of the things that bothers me is that the Playhouse Disney lineup is frequently bumped completely on the weekends. What, do the little ones just go away?
Also, I’m not really keen on “My Friends Tigger and Pooh” - it just seems faintly creepy to me - and where’s Christopher Robin? (Must admit I’m biased - DS#1 is named Christopher!)

We DVR everything so I’ve never even seen My Friends Tigger and Pooh. Or, at least not a whole episode.

On the weekends ABC plays a lot of Playhouse Disney shows :happy:

I know that Cais loves Charlie and Lola, Mickey Mouse Club House and Handy Manny. I always have the two newest episodes DVRed. Preschoolers are repeat episode watchers so that does us for a while. I mean, it’s not great for them to sit in front of TVs for very long anyway.

Btw, guilty pleasure: Spongebob! That guy is awesome!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;920325]
Now, I’ll admit… I miss Even Stevens (best show ever!), Boy Meets World, The Babysitters Club, and that show with the girl and the boy who were neighbors and talked to eachother via can walkie-talkies.[/QUOTE]

Now I know im 21 but I don’t like all these new shows like I love the shows that littlemissmagic mentioned the only new one that I can really stand is the suite life of zack and cody. but other than that I think handy manny is like a wannabe Bob the builder and that circus thing on playhouse disney is the most annoying show ever!

House of mouse has got to be the BEST EVER disney show. EVER!!!