Disney Diet?

Hi All!

I am going on a diet so I look and feel better while I am in WDW in September. I have been searching for a diet site that I might want to join but they just don’t seem to draw me in PLUS I don’t want to pay for a site either! I know there are some good free ones out there but I just don’t feel comfortable, or maybe I am just nervous? :redface:

Anyway…I was thinking of starting a blog or somethin’ just to stay motivated and have somewhere to be accountable for my progress. When I think of the web community the only place I feel really comfortable/trusting is here so I thought “Why not start at MB”

So…Is anyone here interested in a Disney Diet blog or page or somethin’?

Your feedback is appreciated!

Love, Lisa

I’m in! Get us started…

I do the same thing, a few months before I go. I’m in the process right now.
A good web site is fitnessmagazine.com No joing fee or anything. They have great diet plans and exersizes. I get all sorts of e-mails from them, I love the site.

We must have had the same idea! I started in October and as of today am down 30lbs!:happy: I did WW for the first 4 months at $40 a month, but now I’m continuing on my own…that should leave more $ for Disney:laugh:. I’m eating less and doing the elliptical 3 times a week…I’m hoping for 10 more before Disney…then I’ll gain some with all my ADR ::eek: and back at it once I get home:pirate::pirate:

Heck yeah Lisa, Im in. Let me know what we need to do and Ill do it. I leave Sept 30th so I need to get crackin.

I am in. I leave in June and I need to loose at least 15lbs. So ltes get busy!!!

SparkPeople.com is an awesome site; you can track your food there everyday, track exercise, there are community boards for support, etc. I love that site!

I’m on that diet where you don’t eat food off of other peoples plates!!!:laugh:
Seriously thou, I do the no carb scenario. I go for two weeks with no bread,sugar, or any thing that contains carbs. The DW and I did it last year before our 2009 May trip. The trick is to limit your carbs after the fasting in those two weeks. I lost 35 pounds in under a month… Needless to say I found them again, but it does work for me. I lost weight just sitting on the couch (No Lie). I found myself excited to get up in the morning and jump on the scales. I will do this starting Feb.15th… Fingers crossed & mouth closed:laugh:

[QUOTE=WALL;1017971]I’m on that diet where you don’t eat food off of other peoples plates!!!:laugh:
Seriously thou, I do the no carb scenario. I go for two weeks with no bread,sugar, or any thing that contains carbs. The DW and I did it last year before our 2009 May trip. The trick is to limit your carbs after the fasting in those two weeks. I lost 35 pounds in under a month… Needless to say I found them again, but it does work for me. I lost weight just sitting on the couch (No Lie). I found myself excited to get up in the morning and jump on the scales. I will do this starting Feb.15th… Fingers crossed & mouth closed:laugh:[/QUOTE]
:laugh:
Wall, you crack me up! Not eating off everyones plates :laugh:
I have to tell dh the no carbs one. I doubt if i can do that one. Im starting Feb 15 too because today is my sisters bday weekend and we are going out for crabs and im not missing that one.

[QUOTE=WALL;1017971]I’m on that diet where you don’t eat food off of other peoples plates!!!:laugh:
Seriously thou, I do the no carb scenario. I go for two weeks with no bread,sugar, or any thing that contains carbs. The DW and I did it last year before our 2009 May trip. The trick is to limit your carbs after the fasting in those two weeks. I lost 35 pounds in under a month… Needless to say I found them again, but it does work for me. I lost weight just sitting on the couch (No Lie). I found myself excited to get up in the morning and jump on the scales. I will do this starting Feb.15th… Fingers crossed & mouth closed:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I wish I could do the no carb thing:mellow:. I did it when it first came out, and did lose a bunch of lbs.
But if only someone else did the grocery shopping, and made the meals. That bread just calls me from the bakery…

Your right Wishy, that site is nice. I just went and registered.
I like the meal plan breakout. Thanks~

Hi everyone!

Jess: Sparkpeople is one of the websites that scarred me BUT I just checked it out again and joined.

On sparkpeople I found how I can start a team, set goals and have our own section on sparkpeople.

Would anyone be interested joining a weight loss team on sparkpeople? I will start it up and keep it going if you are interested.

Oh and don’t be embarassed or shy about what your goals are. I am 120 lbs overweight, addicted to food and very non judgemental!

Let me know…

Lisa

Count me it!

Great idea!! Count me in too! I’m on my way over to sparkpeople to sign up. Send me the group info when you have it. This is just the modivation I need!!!

OK - I just joined sparkpeople…my user name is goodegirl2004 there.
Let me know the team name when you set it up. THANKS!!

OK I took the bull by the horns and started the sparkpeople team

the link to the team page should be:

Disney Dieters SparkTeam

Hope to see you there!

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1017989]OK I took the bull by the horns and started the sparkpeople team

the link to the team page should be:

Disney Dieters SparkTeam

Hope to see you there!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

I’m in too. I joined sparkpeople and tried to add myself to your team, but don’t know if I did it right. Let me know if I showed up or not. DH wants to join too. Would that be okay even though he isn’t here on mousebuzz? Thanks!

I’m in! I just joined sparkpeople as “snazzycmb1”. good luck everyone!

Anyone can join! The more the merrier!

Lisa

I actually use MyFitnessPal.com. They have a food counter, exercise counter, forums, blogs, etc. It worked pretty good for me until I fell off the wagon recently. It helped me realize how much I ‘bored graze’. :blink: I’m a major food lover and it kind of helped me realize that I can eat better a good portion of the time and still be healthy. I just want to trim off a few extra lbs by June.

just checking the posts…all the sites sound good…I probably shouldn’t be eating a BIG plate of pierogi right now though, huh?