Disney Dining Plan & Resort Guests

I checked around and really didn’t see my answer spelled out anywhere. Do you have to be a Disney Resort Guest in order to participate in the DDP :confused:? There will be 5 of us staying DVC in January and 2 off-site. Can everyone participate in the DDP? We are coming up on our Dining Reservation window and am getting things in order.

The dining plan is available to all DVC members and to anyone staying there - whether they have rented points from members or are paying out-of-pocket. If you are renting from a member, the member must arrange the DDP for you. If you are paying, then simply inform the resort that you want the DDP. It must be paid before you check in.

You must buy the dining plan for every person staying at the resort and it must be for your length of stay.

As for the two staying off-site - no, you must be a Disney resort guest to get the DDP.

[QUOTE=llama;1081926]The dining plan is available to all DVC members and to anyone staying there - whether they have rented points from members or are paying out-of-pocket. If you are renting from a member, the member must arrange the DDP for you. If you are paying, then simply inform the resort that you want the DDP. It must be paid before you check in.

You must buy the dining plan for every person staying at the resort and it must be for your length of stay.

As for the two staying off-site - no, you must be a Disney resort guest to get the DDP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what she said…lol

Seriously, I have rented a few times and took advantage of the DDP. You pay in full for it at check in. If it’s not your DVC, have the person who is making the reservation note that you are elecrting to use the DDP. Get a Disney gift card for the exact amount at your local wallgreens or Disney store. That’s what I always did.

Payment is now required when you add the DDP to your DVC reservations and must be done so many days in advance. You can no longer pay when you check in.

We are renting DVC points and my FIL will be staying with us for one night. The DVC member advised me that we do not have to tell the resort he is staying with us. If we do, then he will have to purchase the DDP for our length of stay (9 nights). So what we are going to do is just pay out of pocket for the table ADR and use the DDP for the counter and snacks while he is with us for the day.

You must be staying at a Disney owned and operated resort in order to book the dining plan.
That means no Swan and no Dolphin, and most definitely no DTD Hotel Row hotels and no Bonnet Creek resorts.

Thanks for the responses. The 5 of us DVCers will be purchasing the DDP in the next month or so. The other two who are staying DTD hotel row will not. They aren’t real eaters and probably wouldn’t make sense for them to purchase it anyway.